It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Get First Look Inside Mysterious Siberian Crater

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Could someone put me straight on something. I thought that hole was supposed to be a couple of hundred feet wide, but the guy filming looks to be VERY close to it and it does'nt look to be very big at all. Very small in fact.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: sayzaar

Yes, the hole is smaller than the first estimates.

On this page they say 30 metres wide (up to 60, if adding the "parapet") and 50 to 70 metres deep.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk
a reply to: nighthawk1954#
Interesting, but could someone tell the person holding the camera to POINT IT AT THE HOLE!!!

Haha I was saying this the entire time while watching!

Interesting though and I wonder what formed it. Was it a natural occurrence or did someone or something do it?

The sides look very smooth though like drill holes. I'm not saying they are they just look very smooth.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver

Looks like a giant version of a burrow, like that of a rabbit or groundhog.

Though the very idea there are 300 foot rabbits hopping around causing tiny earthquakes is completely absurd

HA that reminds me of a bad joke from when i was a boy,
"what do you get if you cross an elephant and a kangaroo?"
"big holes all over Australia"

EDIT: holy crap is my browsers auto correct missing half the English language....
edit on b1717411 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: mblahnikluver

originally posted by: VoidHawk
a reply to: nighthawk1954#
Interesting, but could someone tell the person holding the camera to POINT IT AT THE HOLE!!!

Haha I was saying this the entire time while watching!

Wasn't it annoying!

Since I wrote that I've had time to think more about what we were shown. I do not believe that the person with the camera went all that way to do such a crappy job with that camera.
That in itself is suspicious....this is ats

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Mole people.
Or Morlocks.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Since the video in the OP is now broke, here's another (or maybe the same one).

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Has any updated data been presented on the side located hole @1:20?

Or are there any holes in the lake beneath as the side would make good access point for gas or "force" to push...

Its getting quiet but quiet answers are the best @ times as the imaginations are free to run until a accepted consensus scientific explanation is provided...

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Com on people..its all just a clever fake video. At first the helicopter flies over it and it looks like 20-30 m in diameter, and black, but i suspect someone just trew some black die in the water to colour it black so it looks like a hole....amazing how they have a helicopter but film at 240p resolution...then in the second half the person stands next to the supposed same hole, but its clearly just way smaller and obviously about 2 m diameter and a simple sink hole.
The one under the womans bed is clearly photoshoped, if it was real , then the tiles would have had more shard corners and some odges suspended over part of the whole, come on since when does a sink hole use a laser/plasma cutter ? oh wait , its the magical mole-pixie-fairies people..right.

Lets just trow random similar stuff together to create hype and sell another book.
edit on 31-7-2014 by Choice777 because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-7-2014 by Choice777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I'm interested to know if the amount of earth around the rim, equals the volume of the hole.

I suppose if it were ice/gas pocket eruption that the mass would have been melted or dispersed.

Is that something that has been addressed yet?
edit on 7/31/2014 by RedBeardRay because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: nighthawk1954

Here are more winter photos from excavations into the Siberian craters:

uk.businessinsider.com...
SCIENTISTS SLIDE DOWN INTO SIBERIAN FROZEN HOLES
"One unusual thing the team noticed was the largest hole is located on the intersection of two tectonic faults. While the peninsula itself is relatively quiet in a seismological sense, the temperature beneath the hole was “higher than usual”."

The mystery continues!

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: MKMoniker

Even more pictures in the Siberian Times

siberiantimes.com...

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: MKMoniker

Cool!

Thanks for the update!

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell
Wow! I wonder if it freeze-thawed its way down? Unfreezes during daytime, freezes at night. Every time the water unfroze, the water would seep into cracks. When it froze it would expand and crack open more layers of earth?

You don't have to go down too far into the ground before it gets warm enough to keep everything from freezing. The ground is cold, but it always gets hotter the deeper you get.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Osiris1953

I really don't know what to make of this in general. So far the given list of possible explanations doesn't satisfy me. Thanks for posting this... I liked being able to see inside the mystery crater.

Amateur assessment:

I see on one side of the crater, a shallow, continuous depression that I may contribute to water flow.

On the opposite side of the crater, I see a small body of water.

It might stand to reason to me that the aforementioned 'stream' I'll call it, used to supply that body of water, and may still through ground saturation.

If this is the case, I might put money on a small meteor landing precisely in this 'stream's path.

It looks to me that this area is heavily saturated with water. Drop a rock into some heavily-saturated mud. It will create a similar hole.

After some few thousand years ( or whatever ) erosion and such may have trimmed away a bit of the impacts effects, but I personally believe it's clear that this was a meteor strike, and that the ice could simply be a result of that 'stream' being interrupted. I would be very curious what lies beneath the ice in question.

Also looks to me like the crater meets up rather well ( if not perfectly ) with where the water line would be in a higher 'tide'.
edit on 13-11-2014 by DigitalJedi805 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

I am updating this 2014 thread with new and relevant information:

news.yahoo.com...
MORE MYSTERIOUS CRATERS FOUND IN SIBERIA
And one has turned into a lake, and is ringed by more than 20 smaller water-filled craters.

Scientists think the permafrost is heating up, and the methane exploding thru the surface. One nearby town reportedly saw a "bright flash" from the area where a crater then appeared. Although no one's too sure how the methane was ignited.

Another theory is that the leftover ET "cauldrons" that could fire at enemy UFOs, have all been removed. And the blasted-out craters are just the remnants of where they once were. (The "bright flash" seen where a crater later was found, may fit this theory best.)

www.abovetopsecret.com...
THE MYSTERIOUS CAULDRONS IN SIBERIA'S "VALLEY OF DEATH"
edit on 28-2-2015 by MKMoniker because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join