It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Get First Look Inside Mysterious Siberian Crater

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Some sort of Weapons test?

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Creepy...

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Some sort of Weapons test?

I find that unlikly since theres a lake beneath, must be a geo-related thing since somthing that buns/blows through hard frozen ground but doesnt melt the lake below it?

Cant be a 'rod from heaven' or a laser blast.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Gas deposit, lighting strike, explosion, that's all folks. Look at the scorch marks around the creator.

Case closed.

Next....

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Looking on how clean this hole appears , one should almost think of the precise Stone cutting on puma punku and Nazca
It almost shows the sharpness of cutting .. Could some huge craft done this .. Flew over this region cutting out something it needed that was inbedded there? Why sent scientists if this was only just an ordinary sink hole ?

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0bserver1
Why sent scientists if this was only just an ordinary sink hole ?

Because sink holes are not common on that area, where the ground is frozen.

That's why some people think this may be connected to global warming.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
You are all Blind. It's pretty obvious it was done by those giant Worms from Arrakis.
Pretty soon we'll also have Harkonnens coming out of the hole.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I have to admit i was excited about this discovery from the second i saw the first pic. But then i found images of the Yamal peninsula on google maps. Must be a natural anomaly, but the process will have to be defined to eliminate al doubt.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
The Yamal peninsula is noted for its thermokarst lakes (also called thaw lakes or cave-in lakes). The landscape is characterised by hummocks or domes (hence the apparently raised edges), created by frost heave - they are prone to collapse when the summer thaw arrives. Global warming is relevant here in that permafrost melt is becoming more common.

Scientists, and Russian scientists above all, would be well aware of this. Credulous journalists seeking to wind us all up with tales of meteors and ufos taking off from their underground bases would do well to do some basic research!

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: SummerLightning
The Yamal peninsula is noted for its thermokarst lakes (also called thaw lakes or cave-in lakes). The landscape is characterised by hummocks or domes (hence the apparently raised edges), created by frost heave - they are prone to collapse when the summer thaw arrives. Global warming is relevant here in that permafrost melt is becoming more common.

Scientists, and Russian scientists above all, would be well aware of this. Credulous journalists seeking to wind us all up with tales of meteors and ufos taking off from their underground bases would do well to do some basic research!

en.wikipedia.org...

Yes, and with nearly identical smooth walls. The constant pushing up of ice over countless years honed the soft rock to a smooth finish and dumped the debris over the edge. Finally the top gives in revealing the water below. The real geology scientists in Russia would have certainly understood this.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Well, with all the speculation on this thread, it is obvious what it is from the Russian News video on page 3.

Its a....

Brezchevedy zum ootra sprciatli mucumbarisky cavernisky hugoka holyiskyivite.

In other words its a cavernous hole.

Mystery solved......

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: nighthawk1954

something about the size of that hole, and the way it blasted through bedrock, tells me it has been there for a good while. it is in an incredibly remote region of the world, even in russia. its possible that this hole couldve been there for hundreds of years already, maybe not as large as today, but this kind of this probably doesnt happen over night.

if it did though, my guess is it has something to do with that underground river...maybe a part of the tunnel the river carved caved in on itself, leading to a build up of pressure, along with water heated by the earth, causing the rupture we see today.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Here is a better explanation that makes more sense than most of the non sense speculations. Open up google earth, and check out Yamal peninsula, this is just probably a new hole that formed among'st the thousands of others.
www.nbcnews.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   
A huge stargate the event horizon dematerialized all the matter at the center while the upward force pushed out the sides slightly. And then the gate was taken for study, all this happen about a year ago

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   
there is only one explanation for this....

GODZILLA!

i think it's pretty obvious that history shows again and again the folly of man

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: stormbringer1701
The hole is to smooth to be Godzilla, Godzilla would make quite a bit of mess don't you think ..?

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   
what creeps me out the most, is how little there is from what looks like completly hollow

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Are there any giant footsteps leading away from the whole? And if so, uh...what direction are they heading?

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: robbystarbuck

Talk about weird, one day I was laying on my bed reading about the booms that are heard all over the world and thinking, gosh I've never got to hear the boom except for on a Youtube video, I wish I could hear the rumble for once. And then about 30 seconds later I hear a gigantic rumbling/booming sound over my head (outside the building), it shook the whole building. Now that's weird. It was most definitely not an airplane.

I'm happy to report that my bed didn't fall in a hole on that day nor any other day. But now it's got me thinking whether the holes and the booms are related or not. I'd love to know if people heard any rumbling or booming noises in the area. I don't even know when the hole first appeared, just when the gas workers discovered it (actually not sure exactly when that happened either).

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: 8fl0z
a reply to: nighthawk1954

something about the size of that hole, and the way it blasted through bedrock, tells me it has been there for a good while. it is in an incredibly remote region of the world, even in russia. its possible that this hole couldve been there for hundreds of years already, maybe not as large as today, but this kind of this probably doesnt happen over night.

if it did though, my guess is it has something to do with that underground river...maybe a part of the tunnel the river carved caved in on itself, leading to a build up of pressure, along with water heated by the earth, causing the rupture we see today.

That's what I was saying earlier ... well basically anyway. The hole could have been there for a long, long time. They found a lake inside the hole so it could very likely have played a big part in the "rupture".

Could there be a story buried here? If someone wants to write one, they could call it 'The Lake of Fire at the End of the World'.

>>>>>> outta here

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join