It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Get First Look Inside Mysterious Siberian Crater

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I wonder if the water tastes good?

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Looking at it, it almost appears like something shot out of it and the subsequent material piled all around it. The first close up does in deed seem to have machine marks moving vertical and the close up shot shows a lot of scratches.

Although I am SURE there is a logical explanation, the damn hole looks really suspicious. Maybe its some kind of Russian mechanical mole machine.

edit on 18-7-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Why does Siberia always get the crazy weird fun stories?????

Not saying there is a connection, but does anyone know if this is relatively close to the Siberia mystery domes?

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 18-7-2014 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

originally posted by: robbystarbuck
a reply to: Osiris1953

Agreed the list of explanations has me really wondering... something just isn't adding up.

Look at the smoothness of the sides and the vertical striations as well as the fairly uniform ejecta around the edges, no flow downhill towards that little lake and no scorching. Something pushed its way up and out and it either left or dissipated. Whether that is a mechanical object or a large gas bubble, hmmmm? Gas bubbles don't make striations or smooth walls. A liquid would have flowed to the lowest point but there is no evidence of flow. Explosions leave scorching/fires but there is no damage to the surrounding exterior or interior of the hole.

To me it looks like something mechanical was buried, activated, moved vertical slowly, accelerated and then left. Because of the spherical shape, could have been a ship of some kind. Already discussed this in the first thread.

When all the possible and non-probable solutions are proven wrong, only the impossible remains which might actually be the answer ;-)

Cheers - Dave

I'm going to have to disagree. The striations that we're seeing are from the flow of water. You can hear it dripping and it's collecting in the bottom. Also, notice the very smooth contours, very consistent with erosion by a liquid.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Agreed the list of explanations has me really wondering... something just isn't adding up.

Do you think any of these craters seems similar?
webecoist.momtastic.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

Not at all - very different.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: nighthawk1954

Makes you wonder if miniature Black Holes are forming within the Earth for some reason. Just wait until they turn CERN back on next year. We may be in for a real treat!

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: AntoniastarThat is interesting in theory, but doubtful in application

If anyone has noticed, the whole area is covered with pot hole similar to this one, just much older. What ever is going on seems to have been going on for a very long time. Check the area out to the west of the hole, they are everywhere, but mostly filled with water now.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Yes none of the others that were odd in their smoothness has the debris around the edges. It is very impact like.

The one under the woman's bed is totally weird too though as the tiles look cut.
www.myfoxphoenix.com...

I remember seeing that big one and thinking it looked kind of fake, mainly because of the lighting. Look at the shadows, the sun is not directly overhead. Now it may just be a trick of aperture and exposure if it is real. Big difference however, the bottom of the hole in Russia is filled with water. If it was a sink hole, then there should be a cavernous area underneath or an active underground river system. The material from the inside of the hole HAS to go someplace and the water in the hole looks very still.

It is a good depth to store a ship, a couple of hundred feet underground with access to a fresh water aquifer that might last for millions of years ;-) I am not saying it was a ship, but certainly with the evidence so far, it has a certain logical attraction and probability.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: nighthawk1954
a reply to: bobs_uruncle Yes the smoothness of the sides and the material blown out... X-Files.

I want to believe LOL

Actually, it would be nice to have some e'fing evidence so we can all know rather than believe.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

Look at the smoothness of the sides and the vertical striations as well as the fairly uniform ejecta around the edges, no flow downhill towards that little lake and no scorching. Something pushed its way up and out and it either left or dissipated. Whether that is a mechanical object or a large gas bubble, hmmmm? Gas bubbles don't make striations or smooth walls. A liquid would have flowed to the lowest point but there is no evidence of flow. Explosions leave scorching/fires but there is no damage to the surrounding exterior or interior of the hole.

To me it looks like something mechanical was buried, activated, moved vertical slowly, accelerated and then left. Because of the spherical shape, could have been a ship of some kind. Already discussed this in the first thread.

When all the possible and non-probable solutions are proven wrong, only the impossible remains which might actually be the answer ;-)

Cheers - Dave

I'm going to have to disagree. The striations that we're seeing are from the flow of water. You can hear it dripping and it's collecting in the bottom. Also, notice the very smooth contours, very consistent with erosion by a liquid.

I certainly agree that is a possibility as none of us has examined the hole first hand, but it does appear that the striations start from the bottom and work upwards. Maybe I am seeing it wrong? It is an interesting anomaly however that can provide tons of speculation and hours of fun ;-)

Cheers - Dave
edit on 7/18.2014 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I think I'm dropping my theory about a methane explosion. USO surfacing, anyone?

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Mongolian death worm. It just should have taken that left turn ...

I wonder if we'll ever know for sure what caused it. It is really weird.
edit on 18-7-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Polished sides? The hole is almost as deep as it is wide. Certainly odd. Hope we get to see pics from inside. I'd like to know where the off-shoot tunnels go. That body of water seen from the air is pretty close, yet it hasn't drained into the new hole. Also, the ejecta doesn't look like enough material to fill the hole, so there was either a void or something buried there

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
All this coverage of a giant mysterious hole reminds me of a time just before losing my virginity.

edit on 18-7-2014 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Found it!

Remember in AVP: Alien vs Predator when the predator ship shoots the beam of plasma from space to create a tunnel to the underground pyramid complex....

Aliens bro... ALIENS!

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

Now you may point out or ask - "six67seven, why then does the earth around the hole indicate that something came out of the earth, not into the earth?"

Easy! The alien ship has such good aim (they knew of your question before you asked it) and the plasma beam struck directly on a dirt mound, and the leftover, untouched earth is that which you see around the hole. Previously it was a mound, now its a hole.

Aliens bro.... ALIENS!
edit on 3708x6737America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago7 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

The material from the inside of the hole HAS to go someplace

Thats what i am always saying because many of these augured looking holes don't have piles of soil at the bottom either so where does it all go.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Looks like Revelation 20 is happeing Satan and his Minions are being released from the Abyss

Duhhhh

Or really big symmetrical crazy sinkholes
maybe

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Maybe a Cryovolcano?

www.crystalinks.com...
www.wisegeek.com...

I know they have found them on Saturn’s moon but I don’t think on the earth.

Just a guess with methane calthrate (which is on earth and in that area)

en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join