It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Much Science is Being Kept From Us?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Given virtually all government's secrecy and versions of black budgets, we hear constantly of things that exist but have not been disclosed. Does some government have the answer to faster than light travel? Is there really some distributable form of free energy? Does the US government already have quantum computers? What about time travel? Is it possible and already being practiced and refined? Has man already traveled to Mars? There are literally thousands of conspiracy theories regarding technology beyond the public's knowledge, so what seems most realistic? Some things, such as teleportation, are difficult for me to accept personally but should I re-examine that position? What do you sincerely think already exists and yet is being withheld from the taxpayers who paid for it?

While we're at it, can you describe history you believe has been withheld from us as well? Example: more than 40 years after first setting foot on the moon we surely must have made great advances in space travel, but what? And who?

All input is appreciated.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: samstone11

im going to sound like a crazy person but I believe that there are tens of thousands of humans living on the moon and mars. I think there is an agenda going on that we have no idea about. Look at us. Look at us so freaking close-minded and ignorant and watch frekaing true blood.....its all a distraction. These techniques have been used fo thousands of years.

Keep the public stupid and entertain them. This universe I believe has vast amounts of life.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: samstone11

What? People hide valuable things away from other people? I never heard of such a thing.

edit on 18-7-2014 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: samstone11

What? People hide valuable things away from other people? I never heard of such a thing.

Military technology is usually a decade ahead of civilian technology. Mobile phones started off as secure digital communications systems for the military. Then the technology became cheaper and moved into consumer handsets.

The software for networking; TCP/IP started off as a means of having a degradable computer network that would reroute traffic even when individual nodes were removed due to attack.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Unfortunately.....anyone who questions the government suffers in some way or another....is it a coincidence?
The PTB undoubtedly have many aces up their sleeves we are not privy to......if the world was doomed wed never knowe till the comet hit.....
unless we actually looked at the sky.......

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5letters

im going to sound like a crazy person but I believe that there are tens of thousands of humans living on the moon and mars.

Not crazy at all. I too believe the same, although I'm not so sure about "Tens of thousands", but I firmly believe there's peeps up there on those planets/moons.
Remember Gary McKinnon? "I saw a list of OFF WORLD officers".

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   

It would be hard for any government to withhold scientific information from the very scientists who develop the technologies in the first place. Science only works through the sharing of information. Discovery builds on discovery.

As technology advances, the sheer volume of discoveries and implementations will rise to the point where governments would have to have entire departments dealing specifically with technological suppression and even these bodies would eventually be swamped.

Also, quantum computers have existed in universities and labs since 2001. There are now a number of vendors selling quantum computers to the public (and governments), such as Lockheed Martin's D-Wave Two and there are software companies producing quantum computing software such ad 1Qbit.

edit on 18/7/2014 by chr0naut because: too many "also's"

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
When Nicholas Tesla died, the equivalent of 2 wagons of theoretical papers were seized by the US government. It was in 1945.

I'm pretty sure that many of the advancements that science made after that date were directly ripped off those 2 wagons.

We always speak of black budgets that finance black research. I say Tesla did the research and development already, and we are sold part of his designed tech thru companies, and the money thus accumulated serves to pay for black budgets that would serve something else than research alone. Maybe like planetary colonization...

Tesla was the first to think of building a "flying saucer", no? I wouldn't even be surprised to learn Tesla invented the transistor. They were made in 194 I mean real functioning ones. before that?...

The first patent[1] for the field-effect transistor principle was filed in Canada by Austrian-Hungarian physicist Julius Edgar Lilienfeld on October 22, 1925, but Lilienfeld published no research articles about his devices, and his work was ignored by industry. In 1934 German physicist Dr. Oskar Heil patented another field-effect transistor.[2] There is no direct evidence that these devices were built, but later work in the 1990s show that one of Lilienfeld's designs worked as described and gave substantial gain. Legal papers from the Bell Labs patent show that William Shockley and a co-worker at Bell Labs, Gerald Pearson, had built operational versions from Lilienfeld's patents, yet they never referenced this work in any of their later research papers or historical articles.

Did you read that? "...no research articles about his devices..." and "...they never referenced his work in any of their later research...". The quote talks about two separate scientists working on transistors at different times, but hey, there are no traces of it. How hard can it be to plant false information in history books?...

lol

I'm glad we are on a conspiracy site.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Ben Rich is quoted as saying
"We have things out there in the desert that are fifty years ahead of anything you can comprehend"
"We already have the means to travel among the stars, but these technologies are locked up in black projects and it would take an act of God to ever get them out to benefit humanity...Anything you can imagine we already know how to do"
I believe him.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: NowanKenubi
When Nicholas Tesla died, the equivalent of 2 wagons of theoretical papers were seized by the US government. It was in 1945.

I'm pretty sure that many of the advancements that science made after that date were directly ripped off those 2 wagons.

We always speak of black budgets that finance black research. I say Tesla did the research and development already, and we are sold part of his designed tech thru companies, and the money thus accumulated serves to pay for black budgets that would serve something else than research alone. Maybe like planetary colonization...

Tesla was the first to think of building a "flying saucer", no? I wouldn't even be surprised to learn Tesla invented the transistor. They were made in 194 I mean real functioning ones. before that?...

The first patent[1] for the field-effect transistor principle was filed in Canada by Austrian-Hungarian physicist Julius Edgar Lilienfeld on October 22, 1925, but Lilienfeld published no research articles about his devices, and his work was ignored by industry. In 1934 German physicist Dr. Oskar Heil patented another field-effect transistor.[2] There is no direct evidence that these devices were built, but later work in the 1990s show that one of Lilienfeld's designs worked as described and gave substantial gain. Legal papers from the Bell Labs patent show that William Shockley and a co-worker at Bell Labs, Gerald Pearson, had built operational versions from Lilienfeld's patents, yet they never referenced this work in any of their later research papers or historical articles.

Did you read that? "...no research articles about his devices..." and "...they never referenced his work in any of their later research...". The quote talks about two separate scientists working on transistors at different times, but hey, there are no traces of it. How hard can it be to plant false information in history books?...

lol

I'm glad we are on a conspiracy site.

A transistor consists of two semiconductor diodes, back to back.

George Westinghouse (Tesla's business partner) needed a way to rectify the alternating current from Tesla's generator back to direct current and so he created (and sold) solid state semiconducting power diodes to do that task. But he wasn't even the first to do so. The technology behind what became the transistor, was in existence long before Tesla.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

No, it wasn't written "off-world officers", but 'non-terrestrial officers'. In the Navy. Which could mean officers deployed to ships and boats. Not necessarily living on other planets. Or Vulcans commissioned in the Navy either.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: mbkennel
a reply to: VoidHawk

No, it wasn't written "off-world officers", but 'non-terrestrial officers'. In the Navy. Which could mean officers deployed to ships and boats. Not necessarily living on other planets. Or Vulcans commissioned in the Navy either.

Ah, let down by the old grey matter again

I'll go sit in the corner.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I think the biggest technological and scientific conspiracy against the civilian population is the Standard Model of particle physics. I think pretty much every big story you hear from particle physics is fake (particularly with nobel prize winning high-energy particle physics like the Higgs boson).

Quantum computers are a great example of fake science. Billions spent on research and thousands of media articles - yet no one has ever offered any physical justification of why using quantum objects for computation is inherently more efficient than using simulated objects or macro objects under complex stimulation. The best example of the superiority of quantum computing that anyone can come up with is Shor's algorithm - but if you unpick Shor's justification, it is just as hollow as the rest of the hyperbole.

To quote a guy named Alexander Unzicker talking about high energy particle physics, some problems are:

"
1) the so-called standard model has grown unbelievably complicated,
2) none of the great riddles of physics that have persisted for a century have been solved,
3) history suggests that the current model is a dead end
4) with their ever-more intricate experimental techniques, particle physicists are fooling themselves with alleged results,
5) scientific convictions in the community are established by blind faith in expert opinions, group-think and parroting
6) the data analysis in its complexity cannot be overseen by anybody.”

If these criticisms are correct, then it means government and the media are willfully suppressing the education and enlightenment of the general population. They are also standing in the way of technological development by blocking simplified and naturally efficient physical modelling. This suppression must have a massive effect on technologies that require knowledge of physics and chemistry.

None of the outstanding problems in physics were solved in the 20th century - yet the general population has no idea that is the case. If that's not a conspiracy against the intellect of common people, I don't know what is.
edit on 18-7-2014 by yampa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   

No. More. Secrets.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: 5letters
If you believe that tens of thousands of humans are living on the Moon and Mars, then I have to wonder what the process within your mind is that distinguishes fact from fancy. What is your standard for rejecting a notion as being unreasonable, let alone absurd? What does objective analysis mean to you?

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Of course they have things that would help humanity a great deal. But they have to keep all the sheep in line.

Keep this in mind: Most of the greatest thinkers have been scooped up by the Gov and work for them; voluntarily or not. Intelligent folk from all over the world. Remember all the Nazi scientists that they brought to America and how they advanced Americas position in technology? I would guess that technology wise, they are ahead 30-50 years and we see only little slivers of it. We see what they want us to see.

I believe they have free energy. I believe they have things that would blow our minds.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Part of me thinks the stuff thats hidden is hidden for good reason.

We are not ready for it and its too dangrous.

I hate the term "free energy" as its never free. But really really really cheap energy like fusion or anti matter reactors may look cool but have the potential to make WMD that make the 50MT tsar bomb look like a firecracker.

Imagine if things like that got into the hands or north korea or worse a religious group that would happly destroy the world to prove a point.
edit on 18-7-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join