It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elizabeth Warren's 11 Commandments of Progressivism

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Typical Liberal BS, great ideas, but nothing showing they have any idea how to make it work financially other than to pass the bill on down to the next generation. This is what got us where we are now, with RECORD tax income, but still running at a deficit. I could make up a pretty sweet wish list too.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
a reply to: MarlinGrace

Uh huh. Good luck with that in the 21st century.

It has worked for me for 56 years, the problem is someone else's perception when we make decisions and judgements to situations based on life experiences and mine have been pretty darn good. I have never accepted any government assistance for anything, provided my own education when necessary. Worked my buns off to have the things I have, while at the constant risk of government involvement to diminish everything gained in life.

Sacrifice is an honorable thing, when you start a business and work it for 30 years you learn this word and know it to be true. It isn't the path for everyone. But like so many things worthwhile in life, sacrifice is required. Today so many want everything handed to them without even knowing how to spell the word, and the only way to satisfy this segment is to take from someone else. The purchasing power of votes guarantees the demise of any civilization based on a voting electorate unwilling to sacrifice. The reason America exist today is because of the sacrifices of citizens for generations before mine.

My son has learned this, and his 21st century is already better than mine.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
a reply to: adjensen

Actually outside the US those points are considered common sense. Not liberal or conservative.

And America is NOT the rest of the world.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass
a reply to: Bassago

HC is DOA. She can't last through a Dem primary.

EW needs to take a stand on the extra-legal spying on US citizens and others.

Buckle up.

If you think you can nominate a lefty who is against anything that gives government more power to control you and everything about your life ... your smoking something. She might make pretty noises about it, but in the end, she might even increase it and call it "net neutrality."

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Well we know what some of her thoughts are now anyway. How about we ask her a tougher question and see what she says.

Hmm... nothing to say now.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
And America is NOT the rest of the world.

Whoa. 2000 quatloos for being obvious. We're just trying to bring America into the 21st century. It's like a frickin caesarian birth. Kicking and screaming.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bassago
As I said earlier I'm concerned Hilary is going to scoop Warren up as VP and ride to victory in 2016.
Thoughts?

No way that happens - an all-women ticket would not fly. Not saying it's not necessarily a good thing, but they wouldn't risk it. That said, I'd vote for E Warren for president in a heartbeat. Or Neil deGrasse Tyson.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

We're just trying to bring America into the 21st century. It's like a frickin caesarian birth. Kicking and screaming.

Believe it or not, but most of us were happy with America, though that started dropping off about 14 years ago when Dub-ya was elected, it got worse when "O" was elected, and a radical liberal like Warren would end it.

You don't live here. Please stop telling us how you think we should live.

(And save the "America should stop telling the world how they should live" comments -- I'm an isolationist. If I had my way, we'd cancel the debt, wall up the borders and tell the rest of the world to figure it out for themselves.)

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Buckle up.

totally agree about hillary.

there aren't enough progressives to elect warren,

so it doesn't matter what her commandments say. which are only what people want to hear, anyway.

btw, i only agree with #6. the rest are BS.

higher education should not cost as much as a nice home.

people should want to cap tuition fees rather than CEO paychecks.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsingtao

HA....Ya right. Scary as it may sound, she's got the support and plenty of dirty political training to make it all the way to the White House, don't kid yourself.

so it doesn't matter what her commandments say. which are only what people want to hear, anyway.

She won't make it as VP along with HC, but she could certainly get elected. Telling people what they want to hear has worked in every election since they began, are you kidding me. (You and your labels!!) Regardless of Party, telling people what they want to hear always works. Always has, always will.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsingtao

Buckle up.

totally agree about hillary.

I don't believe that's true. There are tons of left wing voters who will vote for Hilary just like they voted for Obama. Low information voters do not learn from their mistakes. Add Warren to the ticket and you also get the populist left vote.

Biggest problem I see is that there is no one one the conservative side that isn't in bed with Wall Street and the bankers. That's not good.

Future prospects for the USA... we are screwed.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Bill R . . . from the land of entrenched corruption as well as enchantment?

May God help us all and prevent such nonsense.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: adjensen
You don't live here. Please stop telling us how you think we should live.

If you don't want to hear international commentary, then I suggest that you stop posting in an international forum.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Nothing about the Washington Redskins in there?

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Given that your economy is in worse shape than ours (see the previous cite I made,) no, we don't really care what advice you have to give.

Which, frankly, is ironic, given that I'm probably as Canadian as most of you, having lived in what was essentially the prairie provinces for thirty years, though in North Dakota, as opposed to Manitoba…

edit on 18-7-2014 by adjensen because: oopsies

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: adjensen
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Given that your economy is in worse shape than ours (see the previous cite I made,) no, we don't really care what advice you have to give.

Which, frankly, is ironic, given that I'm probably as Canadian as most of you, having lived in what was essentially the prairie provinces for thirty years, though in North Dakota, as opposed to Manitoba…

Nope. just got back from the States. Things are still going south. As to advice? Sorry...we get to comment here, too.
And nope...living is North Dakota does not make you Canadian by any means. If you lived here for a while, you'd understand. (but thanks for your interest, eh?)
edit on 18-7-2014 by JohnnyCanuck because: ...just because!

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Warren shouldn't play back seat to Hillary.

Hillary doesn't hold a candle to her.

Frankly I think Warren is genuinely progressive, what we have had for waaaay to many elections is variations of the typical 60's University student population, We had Bush the dumb Frat guy, the Clintons the ex hippies, now Obama the activist... it's been like characters from Animal house... enough already

Warrens out of the box enough, she should take on Hillary

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: criticalhit

it's been like characters from Animal house

I think that's far too mild.

It's more like characters from a cross between Animal House and Alice's Rabbit hole . . . and . . . Laugh-in

though it'd be more like Cry-in.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I just want to say one more thing here. This is an international forum, all input is welcome. Quite frankly as an American and seeing the sheer shambles our nation is in... well all input is welcome.

Yes we may seem a little behind the times as far as progressiveness as compared to the global community, bear with us as there are things we do not wish to relinquish. Such as the sovereignty of our country or the Bill of Rights which is essentially an extension of natural rights.

Maybe if we hadn't been sold down the river by the left / progressives we may be a little more open to joining countries like Canada. Unfortunately we are under siege here, currently at our southern border.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

No, Progressives merely believe that the government should act in assisting people in an interconnected, complex society. Where often one group (the wealthy and financial industry) can exploit and dominate by poisoning the well of the economy to its own benefit at the expense of the whole.

A modern society is a scientific endeavor with various interconnecting parts that amounts to a dynamic structure that needs controls that should be monitored by a government with the peoples interest at heart, not the interest of a select few.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join