It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elizabeth Warren's 11 Commandments of Progressivism

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: beezzer

So you agree with the list as long as it is not the government that makes it happen?

The list itself is relatively benign. More common sense than anything else.

Those seems like things that a government that is representing us would want to do for us, but that must be like ultra left wing liberal speaking.

I want a government that represents me. Not a government that cradle and grave, takes care of me.

ETA: And I think a simple solution to 4 and 5 would to make it only apply to fortune 500 companies or maybe even just the top 250
Cause I do see how those can be counter productive to starting a small business and trying to expand it

When you start qualifying, then the "list" becomes more a form of control based on an ideology rather than a statement where freedom is allowed for all.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: adjensen

You will soon see what the European right wing really looks like. Enjoy.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass
HC is DOA. She can't last through a Dem primary.

She's giving mixed signals about if she's going to run or not.
The Democrats need to tap Bill Richardson and Evan Bayh.
That's a ticket with a packed resume and limited baggage.
I don't see the Republicans having anyone who could beat that.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass
a reply to: Bassago

HC is DOA. She can't last through a Dem primary.

That my friend is wishful thinking. The Clintons are superior politicians. They underestimated Obama. That won't happen again. Personally I'll be shocked if Hillary ISN'T the next prez. Not saying it;s a good thing but it's just like the book of Daniel. You can see the writing on the wall.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Class warfare
More class warfare
Genitalia
A little race pimping
And more class warfare.

Typical left wing nut job stuff.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Nothing but feel-good sound bites just like Obama's campaign mantras that stir up the ill-informed ignorant masses.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Fair enough.

I still say corporations are NOT people and I believe business owners should be able to decide what they pay and offer in benefits especially if they cross into religious issues. Just my opinion.

But if it's overturned by the likes of Warren and crowd I suggest they add that employers be required to supply a current iPhone, X-Box or PSP. Those are important too. (Just kidding.)

edit on 926pm4343pm42014 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid
She's capable of doing the job. She has the experience and the know-how.
I disagree with some of what she does and she's got a lot of baggage.
But she could do the job. (and she could do it better than Obama, IMHO)

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
" Elizabeth Warren's 11 Commandments of Progressivism "

More puppy-petting and kitten-brushing I see.

This is just her typical window dressing and facade.

Big talk no bite.

Is she getting this from the instruction sheets?

Or did she think it up all by herself?

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
This "list" is the "Fluffy Kitten" argument.

(how can anyone hate fluffy kittens???)

The underlying factors hidden in the list is higher taxes, fewer freedoms, bigger government, and more government control.

Progressives are dishonest. They can't just come out and say, "We're going to tax you more".

No.

Instead they say, "We want you to have more" (without mentioning the tax part.)

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   

#1 I believe Wall street is a gamble, and you shouldn't gamble with your hard earned money, unless you know what the odds are, how to play the game, and studied enough to know when he game is rigged.

#2. I believe science is the tool to protect man, and promote the health and welfare of mankind.

#3. I believe everything is rigged in favor of big business especially the government.

#4. I believe if you're working full time and living in poverty, then you should seek new job, unless you feel that you like living in poverty.

#5. I believe letting government determine what a livable wage is, will make fast food slow and too expensive to eat.

#6. I believe an education should be affordable by keeping government out of it and you need to pay for it yourself. Or I want a rebate for not attending college.

#7. I believe if you are going to rely on government for your retirement then you should rely on them to maintain inflation.

#8. I believe I don't care for redundancy.

#9. I believe equal is a fantasy, the only thing equal comes from a blue package. Because if everything was equal a dad wouldn't have to participate part time while financially participating full time.

#10. I believe immigration has made this country superior, and immigration through matriculation not saturation.

#11. I believe in corporations that are capable of shaking my hand, and it's my company built with my money and hard work, and guaranteeing your rights shouldn't force me to give up mine.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
This "list" is the "Fluffy Kitten" argument.

Instead they say, "We want you to have more" (without mentioning the tax part.)

"And we are willing to take it from so and so, that way you can have more.

Just check Obama ✓
Just check Pelosi ✓
Just check Billary ✓
Just check Reid ✓

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   

I have liked Warren for awhile now.

She seems to be one of the few fighting for justice and the little guy... and she has smarts... and she isn't waist deep in b.s.

There are a couple things on the list that I think are less important than others... but as a group, I find nothing threatening about them.

On the whole, embracing progressive policy would not hurt individuals, where some would be gravely affected if we stripped away govt in the manner many conservatives desire.

I will say power is corrupting (and largely intractable) and I'm sorely disappointed that the promised transparency and justice of the current administration is... mostly... lacking.

Harold Meyerson had a good op-ed in the WA Post today re: why we should look to Germany for our economic model... and it goes a bit beyond the usual empty 'Europe is better because...' commentary...in that I find that a stronger middle class and measures supportive of citizens does nothing but good for society.

Here we export jobs, underpay what are left and over charge for education while spying on and suppressing (softly, so far) our own citizenry. Hardly a recipe for success.

edit on 7/18/2014 by Baddogma because: add on

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: MarlinGrace

Gladhanding. The adult version of the playground.

So what are your solutions to these issues?

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Don't know. I don't live there. I DO live in Canada though and we're doing just fine.

Hmm. That's curious, because neither Canada, nor Greece or Spain, appears on The best economies in the world, though the United States, and some of the more fiscally conservative European countries, like Germany, did make the list.

You also might enjoy this: Th e growth puzzle: Why Canada’s economy is lagging the U.S. (Spoiler alert: it's the government's fault)

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   

You need to know how to read statistics. Canada's economy isn't going to grow like the US because we didn't fall into the real estate market crash that most of the world did. It's OK. We'll wait for you to catch up. We're like that.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

You need to know how to read statistics. Canada's economy isn't going to grow like the US because we didn't fall into the real estate market crash that most of the world did. It's OK. We'll wait for you to catch up. We're like that.

Just incidentally...the banking practices that threw so many American homeowners out of their homes would have put the bankers in jail here. The Conservatives actually tried to get those laws changed, but the Liberals blocked it. When the #ake hit the fan...well...all of a sudden Steve and the late Jimbo were taking credit. Funny how those things work.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck
...all of a sudden Steve and the late Jimbo were taking credit. Funny how those things work.

These policies were put in place by Paul Martin when he was the Lib's finance minister. Yes. A fact. Sorry Steve.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Gladhanding. The adult version of the playground.

So what are your solutions to these issues?

My solution is and always has been to rely on yourself and no one else for your well being, happiness and employment opportunities. Never allow yourself to be placed in a situation where government dictates any of the above. They have done a marvelous job failure. Your best solution is you.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Uh huh. Good luck with that in the 21st century.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join