It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida city: Pull up your pants or face up to six months in prison

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: maria_stardust

I can't stand the low pants style, however, " indecent exposure"?
The fact is, it is not indecent exposure because they have boxers on and are showing no skin.
If you say that this is indecent exposure, then you must say a woman wearing a thong, or short skirt is indecent exposure as well.

I don't like it, but I believe they have the right.
Laws like this are overstepping big time.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Having read the article the following thing can be stated:

We can only hope that Orlando has a bank account and is prepared to use it. The first person who gets charged with this all they have to do is argue in a court of law, up to the US Supreme court, that their first amendment freedom of speech is violated and the court will over turn this law. There really is no legal justification for this, and ultimately, it is a badly written law.

The government can not regulate how a person is to dress or how they look. It opens a dangerous door that should not be opened, as then it could be used to enforce other codes of dress and look that should not be impeded on. The question of what is next, no facial or body piercings? Do they now forbid the display of say tattoos or other body modifications? Are they going to dictate how say hair is to be styled or cut?

If they can determine baggy/sagging pants as being offensive, what about a man in say a kilt or a transgendered person, are they now going to dictate that a man must wear pants of a certain length? it is a law that goes too far, and the first person who is jailed from it, will be in a position to reap and win a hefty law suit, backed by legal precedence that has been set already.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
The way I see it, if you show your bare butt in public then it's illegal and disgusting. But just wearing saggy droors while only your undies are exposed isn't illegal. Maybe a bad fashion choice, but not illegal. As bad as I hate the saggy pants thing, I don't think people should be targeted unless they are indecently exposing themselves.

I also think it's dangerous to assume all who wear saggy pants are dumb, gangster, etc.. But I do get the gist of associating it with that. But it's become such a trend that many people wear them.

This would be the same as if someone thinks that all people who wear camouflage hats are ignorant, uneducated, white trash, etc., etc.. You cannot judge a book by it's cover.

The only time the law should step in is when someone is indecently exposing themselves, not going after people who make bad fashion choices.

If this town wants to go after the "gangster thug criminal crowd" then this isn't the way you do it.
edit on 20-7-2014 by Fylgje because: correction for clarity

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I wonder how many plumbers will end up in Jail over this?

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Fylgje

We have had our tiffs but I just want to say what you just posted is dead on.
Star from me

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   
As an acquaintance quoted on IRC.

11:52:31 "gonna wear your pants like you're a prison bitch? go be a prison bitch then"

While I might not entirely agree with this being legislated against, I had to laugh at his quote.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join