It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida city: Pull up your pants or face up to six months in prison

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

So in your eyes if they sag, they are criminals....
The same could be said about the clothing in your avatar.
Plenty of crimes committed by those that put that on every day. Especially rape, that is a huge issue om base's lol.

You keep judging people by what they wear, really shows your ignorance.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   

What are "our values", as a society...currently?

Because I am at a loss.
I need some definitions.

Though, even as an advocate of freedom of choice and a believer that this law is asinine an has ulterior motives, I cannot disagree with much of what you are saying.

Question stands....

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I am not making the judgement! Don't you realize people who dress this way who engulf themselves in this style are the ones labeling themselves. They fully understand the image they portray whats worse than a gangster a want to be gangster. Either way they are not ignorant to the image and the archetype personality's it holds

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Jakal26

Id define the value in this instance protecting those who cannot protect themselves. And protecting those who love humanity, and family, who work together for a more peaceful and cohesive future.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   

No I cant realize that you can know everything about a person based on how they wear their pants.
Critical thinking gets in the way of that.
Sagging pants does not mean gangster, just that the person likes to wear their pants lower then most.

You can not say since gangsters sag then all those that sag are gangsters.
Unless you want to blindly judge them based on one factor
edit on thSat, 19 Jul 2014 18:57:35 -0500America/Chicago720143580 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   

New research by a team from Harvard and Johns Hopkins University—in which researchers encoded an entire book into DNA—raises questions about this objection and helps to powerfully advance the case for a Creator.

As usual, those who cry the most about how they supposedly love the constitution are the first ones to destroy it.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   

no but i can say those that are not gangster are trying to portray them self's as such, to say otherwise is ignorant and you know it
edit on 19-7-2014 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   

No you cant! That goes right back to gangsters sag so all those that sag are gangsters.
Unless you personally know them, you can't say anything about them based on how they wear their pants alone, if you do, you are judging them based on their pants alone
You seem to have the idea that any one that doesn't follow your standards is either a gangster or want to be gangster

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   

lol that last line was quite funny. No i assure you my thinking is not that extreme. Ok if i charcoal my face and exposed skin black and pant my lips am i portraying a known racial character that is offensive towards African Americans or am i just hanging out expressing my self?

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   

We are talking about pants not about walking around in black face.
But you are more then welcome to do it.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   

no we are talking about image and you didn't answer my question

whether you like it or not image is a choice and it has consequences, to suggest we don't categorize and sort by image daily is foolish> If someone doesn't like the consequences of image than choose to change said image. Philosophically, and in a Walgreens world yes it would be nice to strictly reserve judgement on the merits of character than the way someone looks, unfortunately experience delineates another reality where people try to become the image rather than meaningful character, and at times people are wrongly accused.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Those pants as pictured in the article have really nothing to do with "fashion" or what I understand as girly "low rider" pants. Eg. showing belly button etc.
Those are (implied) gang members. The intention for this ban is an entirely different one and not really forbidding a certain style because it looks "indecent".
edit on 7/19/2014 by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I find this style as disgusting as skid marks in toddlers tidy-whities. How can you be agile and athletic (thus manly and strong) when you are restrained by your pants.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: searching411

I agree the irony of the style fly's by many but always makes me laugh

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   

I said you were more then welcome to do it??
How does that not answer your question?
Your right image has "consequences" sure but we don't need to be making laws about it!
Those consequences should just be that you might not get a job.
Getting judged is not a consequence, that is being a victim of ignorance
Would you be ok if they made it illegal to do what you asked me?

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   

mostly i would agree that we should not infringe on any freedoms, However i do not feel this is a freedom i feel this is obscene and a in your face way of imposing there ideas? And we should protect the lovers of ingenuity and the lovers of peace and the those who dream of bettering America, we should punish/re educate those who hate society and do anything in there power to destroy it.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   

But they are all uneducated degenerates so seems like you are giving them to much credit. We have many bigger problems then people sagging their pants.
Get over your self with all this they are destroying America with their pants stance.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: doobydoll

this is too draconian, and obviously an attack on a certain demographic.

as someone with a very flat buttocks, and with an aversion to and lack of belts, my jeans will sometimes sag depending on the pair. i dont like sagging, its annoying as all hell, but getting half a year in prison + criminal record for it? no thank you, ill just wear a speedo...

this is just old people trying to oppress the youngsters of today.

i will die before you catch me wearing a belt...they make my stomach hurt lol

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   

come on i love how you distract the issue once again pants sagging isn't so much offensive as the culture and image it portrays.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   

But that is what this is about, a law against the sagging of pants...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join