It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida city: Pull up your pants or face up to six months in prison

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 03:31 AM
link   
As much as i hate seeing those that wear their pants that way. I think it is wrong to make a law against it. It's funny to see them run from the police like that. They fail, can't run with pants half down. Those thugs always get caught.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: roth1

I think a simple fine on the spot would be far better than putting someone in jail for a fashion statement. But once you allow law makers to get on the band wagon for getting more funds into the town hall coffers or police coffers, where will it all end until we are covered up like some who prefer the pillar box look.

I like the thought of someone trying to out run the police. However I did notice a local copper when out of uniform with his trousers half-mast and butt hanging out.

I"ve always thought it simply a youth protest of mooning adults but today its just as many adult men with this sense of half-mooning also.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 04:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shiloh7
a reply to: roth1
However I did notice a local copper when out of uniform with his trousers half-mast and butt hanging out.

Its very odd you say this because i was thinking if cops would, either on or off duty, succumb to this fashion "craze".

I definitely have never seen a uniformed ..... anyone, with saggy pants on duty.

I just dont get it but then, i suppose im just not cool enough. I'll just have to deal with it and wear my pants normally. Actually, if old people have high waist pants, perhaps the craze to wear them too low is a statement about NOT being an "old fuddy".

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 04:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Fylgje

its legal to wear a speedo so i dont see why it wouldnt be

but oh noes underwear!

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 04:58 AM
link   

but oh noes underwear!

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

Or kids can wear their pants how they want and we can all get over it. Don't like it? Look the other way!
Only people you have any say in it is for your own kids and you can only really control that if you are the one buying their clothes
If they want to look stupid with their pants below their butts then let them. I bet they think the people with their pants at their belly button look rather stupid as well or the guys wearing girl jeans.
We could go on and on about who looks "stupid" in what.

You're absolutely right, of course. But I'm not going to look the other way, I'm going to point and laugh, and then think about how cool I thought I looked in bell bottoms and platform shoes. I wonder what they will think of kid's fashion 40 years from now? "Stupid kids, these days. If you're going to have a talking tattoo on your ass you shouldn't wear a see-thru kilt."

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Cito

Last summer I bought a co2 bb gun and on bare ass saggers got popped on the cheeks in my "ghetto drive-by"

You deserve a massive fine and jail time for assault. You cant go around shooting people with a co2 gun cause you don't like the way they dress.....
Get over your self man, if they want to sag their pants then they can. And i don't believe you when you say that these guy just have their checks hanging out bare, no one does that.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: sirhumperdink

but oh noes underwear!

That's true. Speedos didn't cross my mind for some reason, so it must be legal. Can't wait to see the looks on peoples faces when I go to the store here in a little bit. lol jk

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Ya it seem that the people that want to perpetuate the myth that it means you are open for sex are the ones that have never been to jail/prison...
Go ahead and call people out for that "myth" if you are ever in the slammer, see how well it goes for you.

Exactly!

Older republicans should be very careful who they try to insult.

It could go very wrong for them.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Cito

Pathetic

Like another poster said, get over yourself.

I don't believe you either. The whole, "they were bare-assed" comment gives it away. Like that same poster said, no one does that.
....but hey, admitting to a crime online makes you "in with the cool crowd"

.......just

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: applesthateatpeople

Well, if they start any trouble, you could always walk away at a brisk pace.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: doobydoll

Personally i find that culture (if you can even call it that, more of a mockery) repulsive disgusting uneducated, and destructive to social values and integrity. I do not have any issue with the law period

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality
Woah! Some one is letting a underlying issue come out. You really think wearing pants lower that what you think they should means all of what you say?

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I think its an identification for the rebellious culture that denies our values as a society, Its a disease of ignorance, that has violent motives and end results. Sure underlying issues perhaps.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Just don't get how you make a leap to all of that based on how some one wears there pants.....
That's like me calling you a baby killer for wearing that uniform cause people before you have done so in uniform.
Stop judging people by what they wear or how they wear it.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   

If they don't want to be identified as such than they need to resist the majority of those who wear there pants like that, who subscribe to the born unfortunate cause. Why do you think people like this get pulled over more often do you think its discrimination or judgement? Its observation over time that the majority who wear there clothes like this behave a certain way and if you are not comfortable with being labeled as such than don't wear your clothes like that or partake in gangster bull# culture.
edit on 19-7-2014 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
'Seems like a great way to get the "undesirables" identified and added to that great big shining database on the hill.
Not unlike our war on drugs. Book em, log em, ruin their lives.
It's ok though, it's a very fair system.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: spacedoubt

it is a great way to identify there disease and ignorantly they wear it for everyone to see. (thinking they are shoving it in your face or being hard). Makes me laugh everytime

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   

It's 100% judgement and discrimination if they are pulling them over based on their pants. Horrible defense there pal.
Obviously you have a preconceived notion of anyone that is different then you.
And you do realize it is all colors of the skin that wear their pants low right? You seem to be focused on one certain group of people, really says alot imo.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   

I am not focused on one color, most of the folks who run around like this who have cars specifically crowns vics with freaking 22's are partaking in gangster culture and believe it or not are responsible for more murders, rapes, theft offences, hence they get pulled over more, they wear a huge target by flaunting there hatred for society. If you cannot accept this that's your problem i make no judgement, i just observe.
edit on 19-7-2014 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join