It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida city: Pull up your pants or face up to six months in prison

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
The teenagers in the uk have been doing this for a while now. If there's one thing the kids like, its seeing somebody who's offended by it.

Who gives a crap how they wear them, so long as flesh isn't hanging out then no harm done. Those who say otherwise ought to go take a hike!

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
My eldest son wore his pants in the same fashion. Until I started to do it as well.

He soon stopped.
I think everyone should wear their trousers in the same way. Once the kids see how foolish they look, they will stop and no foolish laws are needed.

Dude...once again the stars align and you and I agree on something. What a positively brilliant idea!
Quick edit to actually comment on the subject at hand...it's a dumb law, on par with the dumb fashion statement. Likely unconstitutional as well. Hell...if Trump can wear his hair like he does with impunity, then saggy pants should not be illegal. Both merely scream "Hey! Look at me! I'm a goof!"
edit on 18-7-2014 by JohnnyCanuck because: ...just because!

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

never heard of that..that is interesting.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: doobydoll

Obviously, life must be pretty good there if this has a priority like this...

six months? Really?

I realize that the pants down around their ankles is some sort of street thing, but most are doing it because they think it makes 'em look cool...

I've not noticed it much lately, here in my little corner of the world... I'd honestly thought that it had kinda died out...

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I hate it when someone is sagging.

But, hey first amendment. Freedom of expression, long as their penis isn't out or they don't have the full moon goin, oh well.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I hate the style but... 6 months really..

I am so glad I left Florida behind... state seems to be sliding further and further each year.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Prison for low hanging pants is the very definition of irony.

The pants problem came from inmates from prison keeping up the inmate dress code out of prison.

Solution: Dress inmates in suits, make them dress up everyday.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
As much as I'm for freedom of speech and all, I'd love for them to enact this in my county as well. Its gotten to the point of ridiculous around here, its offensive, and its one of the few things that actually pesters me. These guys aren't just showing the “band” of their underwear anymore, many of them are wearing their pants below their crotch, with their entire ass hanging out. It most certainly falls under being obscenity, and not covered under free speech. Why even bother to put on pants if your going to walk around with your underwear entirely exposed anyway.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: HauntWok
But, hey first amendment. Freedom of expression, long as their penis isn't out or they don't have the full moon goin, oh well.

Just like anything, there is always a need to push it further and further. Like I said above, some of these guys are walking around with everything essentially “hanging out”. Things that are considered obscenity are not covered as free speech.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: totallackey
No it didn't start from people offering their sexuality in jail. It happened like I said it happened. Here a source:

One of my best friends since childhood is a captain in the DOC here, and it is a sex thing. I don't care what snopes writes. Unless a person is on suicide watch they do not have their shoelaces or belts removed... That pretty much blows that whole theory out of the water...

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: defcon5

But they have underwear on correct? Or are you saying guys are walking around cheeks showing.
As long as they are not they are not showing flesh of the cheeks, how could it be obscene?

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Banning teenagers from doing something is not exactly that best strategy, if history is in any indication.

I don't really get the whole sagging pants epidemic. I imagine running is probably not as easy when you have pants around your knees, plus it just looks like the person has some weird skeletal structure, as if they are some alternative species of homo sapiens, or like every other part of the body grew except for their legs.

originally posted by: beezzer
My eldest son wore his pants in the same fashion. Until I started to do it as well.

He soon stopped.

I think everyone should wear their trousers in the same way. Once the kids see how foolish they look, they will stop and no foolish laws are needed.
That honestly seems like a pretty good idea.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80
There is a difference in the construction of the material for underwear vs other things like bathing suits. That is why wearing underwear under pants is not as uncomfortable as wearing something like a bathing suit under the same pants. Bathing suits, for example, have multiple layers in them. The outer is heavier material meant to conceal, the inner (usually like a webbing) is meant to keep things in place to an extent. Underwear aren't designed for public “outer” wear.
edit on 7/18/2014 by defcon5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Call me psychic, but I don't foresee many jail sentences being handed out. I do however see a spate of $500 fines +court costs coming along. Nothing like free revenue for the state.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: defcon5

So totally avoid what about showing more then the band of underwear is obscene?
I asked if you are saying you are seeing men showing skin, showing of the butt checks. If that is the case, sure it is obscene and deserves to be nipped in the butt.
If they want to show more underwear then you are comfortable with, while still covering everything that needs to be covered, get over it.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Why do people even pay attention to how pants/shorts are worn on another person... You can see their boxers, SO? Yoga pants are one of the most favored types of clothing because it shows booty. What's the difference? Soon it's going to be illegal to take your shirt off in public. Some old people need to find a new hobby....

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   

I was thinking if we just perpetuate the myth, kids will pull their pants up. No need for a law.

a reply to: VictorVonDoom

That,,,, Or what for Evolution to to adapt to this saggy pants thing.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I support the law, make it a massive fine then jail

I live in Orlando and seeing actual black ass on S.R. 50 on my daily commute to and from work is tiresome.

Last summer I bought a co2 bb gun and on bare ass saggers got popped on the cheeks in my "ghetto drive-by"

Out of 4 years I've only seen 2 white boys around age 12/13 everyone else has been 18+ roving groups 3-10 predominantly black ghetto fashion. That is indecent exposure.

I'm so happy they passing this law , I've seen cops write tickets for exposure, but next days commute same idiots and thugs and thug wannabes doing it again.

Little jail time since parents are not parenting and most don't even have fathers

Bill Cosby's "pound cake" speech was 100% correct on today's black youth!

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Having watched all the videos of Wallmart customers on youtube, ending up with aching jaws and half blind with tears, I think there should be laws about dressing in public, I wonder how many accidents have been caused throughout the years by some ones lack of dress sense?

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Thats just it though isnt it?

If they want to trip over their own pants and get run down, so what? You cant protect everyone from themselves.

Obviously if people think that it looks good to have their pants round their knees, leave them to it. I know its stupid but thats their own choice, if i thought it was cool to walk around with my shoe laces untied, thats my prerogative, you cant start fining and jailing me for it.

edit on b3737330 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join