It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida city: Pull up your pants or face up to six months in prison

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Ever heard of 'Clothes Police'? Or 'Crimes of Fashion'?

Joke laws are now a reality.
news.msn.com...

ORLANDO Fla. (Reuters) - A central Florida city is banning low-riding pants, becoming the latest community in the country to outlaw a fashion choice that intentionally exposes underwear or buttocks.

Pull up your pants, offenders will be warned under the ordinance approved on Tuesday by the Ocala city council, or else face up to six months in jail and a $500 fine.

Personally, I don't like to see arses hanging out of trousers, but 6 months in jail for it???

I'm speechless.

What do you guys think?

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: doobydoll

Do you really want to see another man in his boxers?

Opa Locka has done this.

It's all just big talk.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
America, home of the free? Nah...America home of the problem solvers...and if there aren't problems to solve, we'll make a problem so we can solve it...and by solve it I mean apply a senseless law to it. Morons unite!

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

SOLUTION:

Remove-Pants ???

-
Notice the: "Bans the wearing of Saggy Pants Apparel"

edit on 18-7-2014 by FarleyWayne because: I don't think they thought ... throughly

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
An argument can be made on the basis of indecent exposure. It really isn't all that different from ordinances that have fines/jail time for those who swear in public.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Pull up your pants, and get a job!

It's probably one of the dumbest styles I've ever seen. Definitely not practical... especially if you have to keep pulling your pants up every time you take a step.
edit on 7/18/2014 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
My eldest son wore his pants in the same fashion. Until I started to do it as well.

He soon stopped.

I think everyone should wear their trousers in the same way. Once the kids see how foolish they look, they will stop and no foolish laws are needed.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Just what are 'Bermuda shorts'? are they long shorts, or short longs? why do people wear them when not in Bermuda?

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

As much as I can't stand the saggy pants...it should be peoples choice how they want to dress. I mean if we are fining people for ass cracks hanging out then we need a prison for plumbers....its just another step to control.

when i was younger we wore sweatpants and the style was to pull up the pant legs to about the knees...i have no idea why but we all did it and adults hated it....until as I got older i realized my friend who was really poor was wearing a small pair of pants so to him ...he had to hike up the legs cause they would look awkwardly too short....

I imagine its possible something similar started with the saggy pants....you couldn't afford pants that fit and got hand me downs that may or may not fit. so this became "style" . this is just theory.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

As someone who lives in Florida and has been to Orlando many times I think this is a great idea.

Also is says UP TO not flat out six months so I doubt anyone would really get 6mths in jail for it.

It's disgusting and it's just gross. It's "thug" culture and it's rampant in this part of Florida. There is a lot of crime in that area as well. I can see why they are doing this.

So pull up your pants or go possibly go to jail and get a fine. Sounds good to me. Most are already on the crime list in that area anyway. I stopped going to Orlando (love a couple malls there) but it's just insane anymore. Between the crime and lack of English speaking sales associates in the mall I feel like I"m in another part of the world.

I would rather see 100 women breastfeeding than see one idiot with their pants around their knees holding the BELT buckle of their pants so they don't fall off. Only one is truly offense and unnecessary, the other is NATURAL!

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sparkymedic
America, home of the free?

I know right?

How can you call yourself free when you have the biggest incarceration rates in the western world?

I guess now MJ being decriminalised they need something else to fill the prisons up with.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: FarleyWayne

SOLUTION:

Remove-Pants ???

-
Notice the: "Bans the wearing of Saggy Pants Apparel"

That is one of the first posts of yours I starred. I actually laughed out loud.

Like there aren't enough ludicrous ordinances. Will this apply to plumbers as well?
edit on 2014-7-18 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   

absolutely insane and I loathe the kids and some grownups doing this but it's the style now and it will eventually change...

I don't like the sign at all...for whatever reason it's offensive to me...
edit on 18-7-2014 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Lol, my brother did the same with his son only difference was they were skinny jeans, all 230 pounds poured into those pants was enough for my nephew.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
What about builders etc?
they butts are always out when they bend over

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Suits and ties should be outlawed. They are confining and an homage to wealthy white collar criminals. I agree with Beezer, I'm gonna start sagging my 48 year old buns around and see how it goes over.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

What do I think? It's retarded, next they will be telling you what underwear you should be wearing and on what day

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: maria_stardust
An argument can be made on the basis of indecent exposure. It really isn't all that different from ordinances that have fines/jail time for those who swear in public.

Exactly. They are both violations of the 1st amendment and need to be stricken from the law books.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
This is ridiculous, absolute victimless crime.
If you don't like how I wear my pants then don't look at me. Simple fix.
And when are the laws of girls dressing to skimpy gonna come around?
If we are going to toss around indecent exposure then that better be in that convo

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I'm all for freedom of expression but I don't want to see you in your skivvies unless you look like Shania Twain.

Is it legal to go out into the public wearing nothing but tighty whities? Anyone know?

<<   2  3  4 >>

join