It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So you like your Obamacare?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Do you support a national healthcare system?

It isn't Obamacare. It would be anything. I doubt most those who say they'd support something else would, if it actually happened. I think those who are against a national healthcare system would reject any and every plan put in front of them.

I think it's pretty much, ME, ME, ME. I think a lot depends on your own and family experience with illness and medical.

I'm old enough to remember when company insurance was really good. I had my moms, then my husbands, and my own when I was working. I mostly had Aetna, which used to be really good. Then their prices doubled and their coverage was cut, pretty much in half.

Even though I had really good insurance, it cost me a thousands out of pocket. You know that show "Medical Miracle"? Where after years and years of going to doctors the patient finally finds a doctor that correctly diagnosis them? Well, that was me. I had a birth defect that went undetected until I was 50. It caused all kinds of problems that are non-reversible. Now I have Medicare. Not great, but something.

Obamacare is not the "end all, end all", but it is something. And people need something.

Those against insurance coverage for everyone, most likely don't see the need. I see the need.

Annee,it ain`t working no matter how rosy a picture you put on it.

Wifes insurance before ACA 189.00 a month with $2500.00 deductible.

Now with ACA 677.00 A MONTH with $8000.00 deductible.

We can find no Doctors that will accept it,the clinic she goes to will not accept it,nobody in this area within 50 miles could we find to accept it.

This your much vaunted California,Annee.I live here.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Sunwolf

I recently had occasion to compare my private plan (which I pay in full myself) to the offered ACA plan in my area.

From what I recall, here were the differences:

Private= approx $850/mo
ACA= approx $1200/mo

Private= 80/20 coverage
ACA= 60/40 coverage

Private= $6000 deductible
ACA= $12000 deductible

Not to mention a SUBSTANTIAL difference in networks. Mine is PPO. ACA clearly isn't.

edit on 18-7-2014 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Yeah, well, I'm someone who's old enough to have gone from home visit doctors, to companies actually taking care of their employees before they were just a number, to HMOs, and now Medicare, with Medicare cuts, and more and more doctors refusing to take Medicare.

I still support a National Healthcare and what we have now is ACA.

Imagine how doctors might actually get on board if they weren't subjected to all the negativity and misinformation.

ALL politicians working together for positive results. What a concept.

In my life I've never before seen such childish behavior in government.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Yeah, well, I'm someone who's old enough to have gone from home visit doctors, to companies actually taking care of their employees before they were just a number, to HMOs, and now Medicare, with Medicare cuts, and more and more doctors refusing to take Medicare.

Imagine how doctors might actually get on board if they weren't subjected to all the negativity and misinformation.

Negativity and deception is what is causing doctors not to get on board? Not the fact that it handcuffs them to do many things that they didn't want to do before or makes things overly difficult for them. Nope the fact that so much negativity is out there about the ACA is what is making doctors not like it.

You might want to stop blaming only the right and the Republicans for this failing though. It isn't just the Republicans stonewalling the Democrats that is the problem. Democrats are refusing to listen to anything the Republicans say, even it if is helpful, because they've all done what you did in this thread and write them off as unhelpful. So you may want to check your guys at the door just like the other people's guys.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

There is a material difference between fixing healthcare and fixing Obamacare.

Which means your only interested in your solution and not willing to consider other solutions?

I think Krazysh0t hits the nail on the head:

It isn't just the Republicans stonewalling the Democrats that is the problem. Democrats are refusing to listen to anything the Republicans say, even it if is helpful, because they've all done what you did in this thread and write them off as unhelpful.

edit on 18-7-2014 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

I`m old enough to remember paying $30.00 to have a broken leg set in you guessed it,California and the negativity i`m hearing from the doctors having to comply with buying tablets for all their assistants for the required electronic health records and the extra red tape involved with patients.

You can crow all you want about the ACA but nobody I know wants it,doctors or patients.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I own a small business and one of my older employees is getting knee replacement surgery in a couple weeks, Doctor told him that his insurance wont cover him going to physical therapy a few times a week since he's only getting ONE knee replaced, asked why, Doctor told him straight up Obamacare.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I have unACA....and it doesn't work.....that is....I basically have no insurance until I pay over $6000 per year....in addition to my premiums....which are going up next year.

I sure would hate for my groceries to be monitored.....but how can they prove that is what *I* am eating...and not my husband...or teh old lady next door???

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

HOw would you get the insurance companies on board with that?
HOw about the doctors making 6-7 figure incomes?
How about the drug companies?
Whish o them are getting on board to have REAL affordable healthcare....not a bailout for big pharma and insurance

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 02:04 AM
link   

My obamacare? Glad you asked. Never tried it, never will.

I feel like I'm in an anti-smoking ad..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join