It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immigration crisis: Here's how it went last time.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I made a comment in another thread that all we need to do is look back at the Mariel boatlift in 1980 and we'll see how this game plays out. First google search for Mariel boatlift brought up this very on-point article:

TV talk missing 1980 Cuban context for Texas border crisis

I spent a year for the Detroit Free Press covering the Cuban emigres as they moved from the tents to the camps and, in some cases, into American society.

The military camps were a nightmare with children and adolescents routinely sexually abused by the hardcore predators and criminals in the mix. Imagine little kids without parents living side by side with convicted murderers. That was what we found in Ft. McCoy -- a World War Army training site with dirty, drafty barracks, barbed wire and endless mud.

And you know what FEMA, HHS and then the Department of Defense did in response: Tried to cover up the abuse and horrors, because it made the Carter administration look as inept as it actually was.

Same story as ever huh?

For those unaware, here is the wiki entry for the boatlift: en.wikipedia.org...

Castro invited anyone who wanted to leave Cuba to do so, but shipped over most of his incarcerated and mental patients at the same time.

To be honest, South Florida has never recovered from that. I was born in Miami, but grew up two counties away and saw Miami slowly destroy itself over the last 3 decades. I regularly visited Miami and many family worked, or still work and live there. There are various small areas which are habitable by civilized humans.
edit on 18-7-2014 by 8675309jenny because: formatting

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: 8675309jenny

Can't flag :/

"...Carter was voted out a month later..." hmmm.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
All part of the plan to diminish and defile the American standards.

They are working the game from the inside.

(post by theantediluvian removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

POST REMOVED BY STAFF

Corrupting influence? Xenophobic? Fear mongering? LOL Funny how when anyone stands up for their fellow Americans they are called names. You can call all anti-illegal folks any name you'd like if it makes you feel better, but you really shouldn't lie. It doesn't help your case.

edit on Fri Jul 18 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I provided a link to the William Wilberforce Trafficking Victims Protection Reauthorization Act of 2008 in another thread. It details specifically how unaccompanied minors are to be treated and processed.

In relation to victimization at the hands of other illegal immigrants, read the sections starting with:

(1) POLICIES AND PROGRAMS- The Secretary of Health and Human Services, Secretary of Homeland Security, Attorney General, and Secretary of State shall establish policies and programs to ensure that unaccompanied alien children in the United States are protected from traffickers and other persons seeking to victimize or otherwise engage such children in criminal, harmful, or exploitative activity, including policies and programs reflecting best practices in witness security programs.

edit on 2014-7-18 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

edit on 2014-7-18 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: 8675309jenny

I remember this when this happened, The feds asked anyone that could to help out with the Cubans, many did at the time, but one lady housed one of the Cubans and he ended up murdering her.

So to the point we have tried this in the past but none of this works, just send them all back were they came from, besides, if the Feds are offering $6000 a month to house these Illegal Immigrants, then hell ,how do I get that money, I housed my two children for 18 years, never dumped them off at the border and never seen a penny from the Feds for doing the Legal thing, but sure they break the laws and the Feds are willing to shell out $6000 a month.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I wonder if there is a connection: the FEMA camps (AKA death camps) people have been seeing pop up and the illegal immigrates that are coming into America? hmm

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

I don't know how many of these people are unaccompanied kids. What you see in most pics and videos coming out are men, women, teens on the verge of adulthood and kids with Mothers. And if they are unaccompanied, they have family here who will take them in.

edit on 18-7-2014 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Sorry, double post.
edit on 18-7-2014 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

LOL Funny how when anyone stands up for their fellow Americans they are called names.

That's because you view offering support for your opinion as "standing up for their fellow Americans." That's a wholly subjective interpretation, as was mine.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
As a foreigner I suppose that's the camps depicted in the beginning of the movie Scarface..

Get ready for a new wave of drug kingpins America!

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Staroth
I wonder if there is a connection: the FEMA camps (AKA death camps) people have been seeing pop up and the illegal immigrates that are coming into America? hmm

I don't know how many fema camps are being used, but these people are being bussed and taking plane rides to cities all across the USA. These cities are complaining they don't have the room or funds to take them. One church even asked its members to home some of these kids.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Provides the perfect cover to use selectively along with selective non-enforcement of other laws as well.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

I don't know how many of these people are unaccompanied kids. What you see in most pics and videos coming out are men, women, teens on the verge of adulthood and kids with Mothers. And if they are unaccompanied, they have family here who will take them in.

Pics and videos coming from what sources?

caption "Unaccompanied minors await medical appointments at the U.S. Customs and Border Protection Nogales Placement Center in June in Nogales, Arizona."
source - PBS Newshour

Look pretty young to me. Here's one from Brietbart, arguably one of the most popular and least left sources:

source - Brietbart

Relating to the thread topic, it seems that at least these children are being kept separate from adults who might be predators though keeping children packed in holding areas with concrete floors is a travesty. Maybe instead of denying their existence we should make sure the government is fulfilling their legal obligation to house and process these children to prevent incidents as mentioned in the OP's source.

It's also bears mention that these children, under current law, are to be processed and returned to their country of origin unless they can make a sufficiently substantial claim for being granted asylum.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

These don't look like little kids.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

SHHHH... If you only show pictures of children, you can pretend like they are the only ones crossing the border. This allows you to make a giant appeal to emotion (logical fallacy) to have the US take care of these kids. Are you trying to deny ignorance or something? We can't have that now can we?
edit on 18-7-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLaughingGod
As a foreigner I suppose that's the camps depicted in the beginning of the movie Scarface..

Yes, that's the camps set up under Interstate-95, near the football stadium and at the Air-Force base

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   
They are being told to release all the pregnant women, even if they just say that they are pregnant! More anchor babies and freebies.

top topics

join