It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VIDEO: NY man dies after police place him in chokehold for selling untaxed cigarettes

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Militarization of the police every incident have to be met with overwhelming or deadly force,from S.W.A.T to armored carriers,this at a time when violent crime is at an all time 50 years low.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I ask where is the proof that the cops had that he was selling untaxed cigarettes? How do they know any cigarette is taxed or not? It's a bogus stop in the first place. Now the man is dead killed by a bunch of thug NY cops. Where is the outrage? If I lived there I would be out there with a 6x9 sheet of plywood sign demanding justice. They always spout to place you in handcuffs for their safety and YOUR safety. Choking and death is a contradiction of their safety term. Those cops should share his same fate. Death by public hanging. So they can real feel what it's like to be choked to death.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo

originally posted by: mikeone718

originally posted by: CallmeRaskolnikov

i swear to god working in NYC scares the sh!t outta me sometimes.

I work in one of the worst areas of NYC (Harlem) and have yet to be scared or intimidated by the police.

This man's death is unfortunate but at the same time, he was very large, belligerent and uncooperative.

When the hell did it become illegal to be very large, belligerent and uncooperative. It is not illegal to be uncooperative.

Again he had no smokes and none in his car and witnesses said he was breaking up a fight.

I don't have to do what a cop tells me just because he fkn told me to.

True but one might and far too often end up expired on the pavement..sometimes you just got to get through it and win in the courtroom later. I feel the sentimet 100% though.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 03:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: HandyDandy
And there is a show in America called "Moonshiners" where they follow around both the illegal moonshiners and the cops but the two never seem to know where the others are?

And we call it entertainment. And we even know the names and residences of the illegal moonshiners but the cops never bust them.

But this poor man had 25 cops on him choking him to death for a similar act?

Because one group ignores it doesn't make it legal. Police are law enforcement. Their job is to investigate a crime, figure out who is responsible, and see to it that the person goes to court. If they suspected the man of selling illegal goods then investigating is precisely what they should have done.

As I said though, a choke hold is taking things too far and makes no sense at all. If force was needed there are better options than physically getting into a melee with him and if force wasn't needed they shouldn't have done anything.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join