It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Today Anchor Resigns, Admits To Spreading 'Lies' For Putin

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Can't believe how it has turned out to be.

So some of you support Russia Today or Fox News.
You're taking sides on the same war you claim to be against, and i hope you all go to hell for this.

Deny ignorance? Words have no meaning. Ignorance is what i want ignorance to be.Peace is what i want peace to be and the enemy is who i want it to be.

Good luck, i wish the first nuke falls right on my head, and i hope you all survive.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
It's a wonder how Time Warner or any other distribution companies allows them to broadcast.

I would imagine that if the establishment did not want them on air, they would not be, and figure they are on air because they want them to be.

Maybe both sides are playing it up for their own benefits. War = profit and power after all.

The establishment is always looking for an enemy to claim there is a war (Like mentioned by Dr. Carol Rosin who was supposedly a corporate manager at Fairchild Industries).

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Journalists are like high class prostitutes these days.. Somthing I personally know, During the civil war in Sri lanka, many western journalists took large hand outs from both sides and published rubbish all over the place..

Ps.. sorry about English.. ( don't we all.... )
edit on 19-7-2014 by Pandaram because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
The output coming from Russia Today is classic propaganda, they are spinning Putin's BS as fast as they can to keep the Malaysian flight shooting from getting blamed on them. They are attacking the chain of events and attacking the motivations of others in an attempt to cast doubt on what really happened.

I don't care about all the comparisons to western media, that's a red herring. Those pushing that agenda are doing their best to deflect the topic. Watch the CNN interview with Firth, for a better lowdown on RT's tactics.

Personally I hope she does land a new media gig, and I think she'll be a better reporter for it, she'll know what to look out for in terms of manipulated news casts.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

Is there CNN,Fox news or any other Evil Empire™ news outlet working in Russia as RT works in America?
Not rethorical.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: metodex

Almost all media outlets in Russia are state owned or owned by conglomerates like Gazprom which might as well be state owned. To what degree the 'privately owned' media is really privately owned is anyone's guess. Russia has laws to control foreign media as well;

Media Monopoly

The Russian State Duma and the Federation Council have approved amendments to the law “On Mass Media,” which will define in greater detail the procedure by which television and radio channels are licensed. It will also give Web sites the right to receive legal status as mass media. But critics say that the law will not solve the problem of media monopolization in Russia and could restrict press freedom.

[snip]

Despite the preponderance of newspapers, television stations and other media outlets, however, Russian media, especially television, is still largely dominated by a state monopoly, according to experts. In 2010, Russia ranked 140th out of 178 countries on the Press Freedom Index, a report compiled by Reporters Without Borders, a non-profit organization that opposes censorship and laws that undermine press freedoms. In comparison, Ethiopia ranked 139th, and Afghanistan, 147th.

I'll defer to those who are actually from Russia on this, but I understand that a big complaint about Russian media is monopolization, if not outright ownership under the government then under a government-backed Putin-friendly corporation like Gazprom.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer
BS it is all the same. The only difference between any of the MSM are the oligarchy factions that fill their coffers and decide the propaganda angle they spew. They all are working together against the regular people, but they are also trying to stab eachother in the back at the same time so they can get a bigger piece of the pie.

Obvious examples leftists try to stab the banks in the back, rightists try to stab the giant unions in the back.
edit on Sat, 19 Jul 2014 17:20:46 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: JRCrowley

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

originally posted by: aLLeKs
I have to say RT is always worth a look to get another perspective.
The truth lies between both sides.

Russia Today is indeed much worse than other news sources as it's charter owes to the Russian government, and it's completely funded by the Russian government.

And this is the reason I don't come to ATS as often as I used to. When the owner of the site makes a statement this stupid the reason is clear.

You don't come to this site often because the site owner has a view you disagree with?

What website can you go to where everyone there agrees with your every thought?

If you cannot handle anyone with a different opinion as yourself then perhaps you should find a website that is not a discussion board, where people with differences of opinion discuss their views.

Skeptic, seriously. Are you actually sitting there and telling us (the rhetorical us) that ALL of the news media outlets are not funded by governments, whether through direct channels or though corporately connected ones?

He is telling you his view on the matter. Kinda cool this is the kind of website where you can disagree and discuss your opinion...even with the owner of the site.

Shame.

Shame? For having allowed a place for you to either agree or disagree with other people's views on various topics?

I say shame on those who dismiss a place where the free exchange of idea's are celebrated and encouraged and only want somewhere that everyone agrees with them. But then, I can do that here, a place you dislike because not everyone agrees with you and holds the exact same opinion as yours.

I personally believe all propaganda is bad, regardless of who it is from, whether it be those jumping up and down saying out loud they are a propaganda network, or those less obvious about it. It's sad these days where there is little to no large media outlets that aren't in some form propaganda. But that is simply my opinion.
edit on 19-7-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

That would be a real story twist eh. Time will tell!

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB

originally posted by: JRCrowley

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

originally posted by: aLLeKs
I have to say RT is always worth a look to get another perspective.
The truth lies between both sides.

Russia Today is indeed much worse than other news sources as it's charter owes to the Russian government, and it's completely funded by the Russian government.

And this is the reason I don't come to ATS as often as I used to. When the owner of the site makes a statement this stupid the reason is clear.

You don't come to this site often because the site owner has a view you disagree with?

What website can you go to where everyone there agrees with your every thought?

If you cannot handle anyone with a different opinion as yourself then perhaps you should find a website that is not a discussion board, where people with differences of opinion discuss their views.

Skeptic, seriously. Are you actually sitting there and telling us (the rhetorical us) that ALL of the news media outlets are not funded by governments, whether through direct channels or though corporately connected ones?

He is telling you his view on the matter. Kinda cool this is the kind of website where you can disagree and discuss your opinion...even with the owner of the site.

Shame.

Shame? For having allowed a place for you to either agree or disagree with other people's views on various topics?

I say shame on those who dismiss a place where the free exchange of idea's are celebrated and encouraged and only want somewhere that everyone agrees with them. But then, I can do that here, a place you dislike because not everyone agrees with you and holds the exact same opinion as yours.

I personally believe all propaganda is bad, regardless of who it is from, whether it be those jumping up and down saying out loud they are a propaganda network, or those less obvious about it. It's sad these days where there is little to no large media outlets that aren't in some form propaganda. But that is simply my opinion.

Nice trolling. People like you and the lame trolling "arguments" you come up with are another reason I don't come to this site as much as its earlier days.

Lame comments. Lame thoughts. 90% of what you wrote was tripe. But thanks for playing.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Now let's see some american anchors step down and admit the truth.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 03:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: finitedualities
a reply to: Ironclad2000

I find it very odd that not only would you blindly support establishment, but that you would also encourage the locking up of citizens in concentration camps. All this for "hating" government. Hate to tell you buddy, that the nation you seem to be "patriotic" for (another term for brainwashed simpleton nationalist) was created because a large group of people decided they "hated" their government. The founding fathers would be ashamed of this popular culture advocating the silencing of protest.

I'm all for locking up people who are obviously mentally unstable.

If someone is going to blame the CIA for creating every single hurricane, earthquake, flood, every mass shooting, bombing, hijacking, epidemic, riot, civil war, civilian casualty.....etc, the list goes on... and on and on and on...

Then that person is paranoid to the extreme of being quite ill and a danger to the public..

Why is it that people who go against the establishment are considered to be very much on the fringe...!?!

Because they are and their theories are so outlandish that they simply can't be possible and even when faced with proof from sources more intelligent and capable of logic, they still deny the truth. Often citing anyone who disagrees as being in league with the "evil empire" and a disinfo agent...

LO - freaking L

edit on 20-7-2014 by Ironclad2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 04:06 AM
link   
a reply to: RancorXXX

Why did she join RT in the first place? She looks like a plant.

She did not ask me before she took that job. Why should I worry when she left it.

What she says is classic propaganda.

She will be a better reporter? My foot. She is a liar for all I know.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: GargIndia
a reply to: RancorXXX

Why did she join RT in the first place? She looks like a plant.

My guess would be that her worldview was built on naivete and ignorance, like most people in modernized countries today.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: OpenMindedRealist

She's a journalist, how could she not know RT is state-owned media!!?? It IS called Russia Today, after all!

Like another poster in this thread mentioned, I'd like to see any western-based journalist admit the same thing, it's so obvious that most are shills for the government.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Keep an eye out for anything reported as a mystery. Chances are it's really not that mysterious they just keep covering it up. Politicians have to lie so people don't bet it all on a sure thing or undermine what's about to happen. What if obama said natural gas is at an all time high we have the tax receipt to prove it btw we're going to war with so and so also there is terrorist chatter. Everyone would bet on natural gas in the stock market, everyone would be a millionaire inflation would be record breaking, but wait there's more war countries would prepare to fight against us, ally themself and terrorists would stop chattering.

edit on 21-7-2014 by mattsawaufo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: JRCrowley

Wow...Lot's of anger here, but not much thinking.

NO...it is not "all the same"...

Western News (MSM) is largely motivated by profit. Their news content, when it is skewed, is done so that advertisers can have a crystal clear aim at the right demographic. So they tell their specific demographic audience largely what they want to hear to re-inforce their world view...aka make them feel good...(hey, I am right! that talking head just told me so! And he is on TV and has nice hair! I am brilliant!) I am never going to change the station!! I love this "news"!

So Fox gets the right, MSNBC gets the left and it is NOT GOV controlled, it is Capitalism!!!

RT News does not worry about selling anything, they follow orders of a tyrant.

If Fox News or MSNBC lies, they get called out by other US Media and the public. 60 Minutes gets a story wrong and people lose their job.

RT News lies and no one says a word and everyone gets a pat on the back.

CAPITALISM Drives MSM bias
TYRANCIAL DICTATE drives RT News lies and propaganda

One can and is held accountable and has a world of "checks" to keep the news mostly accurate if sometimes biased.

The other has no checks and is actually ordered to change stories and omit facts in keeping with a regimes propaganda themes.

If RT News = MSM, then no one would know about NSA spying, IRS scandals, the Vet Administration crisis etc. etc. and Fox News would not exist at all.

edit on 21-7-2014 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: misnomer68
She's a journalist, how could she not know RT is state-owned media!!?? It IS called Russia Today, after all!

A bit more than a year ago, I had a chance to catch up with a NY1 reporter I knew from way back. He was approached by Russia Today for a position as a New York City correspondent. The "sell" by RT toward US journalists was very soft, comparing "Russia Today" to "USA Today," -- explaining that since, USA Today has native correspondents in Russia, it makes sense for Russia Today to have native correspondents in the US. There was never any mention of state ownership, instead assuring him that TV-Novosti was autonomous and non-profit.

He got a raise, and didn't accept the offer. Now he knows better, but said their recruiters were very compelling and he almost accepted.
edit on 21-7-2014 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Corruption Exposed
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

People: it should be treated no better than Sorcha Faal or websites that do nothing but spout UFO hoaxes.

Don't follow Russia Today

You're right, I stopped following them after these stories:

Oh snap my bad - those are American news outlets!

It always amazes me when you militantly attack Russia Today. Yes they lie for Putin, do you doubt that the American media has never lied for a presidential administration? You would be naive to think not.

People should be able to make up their own minds on which news sources they want to read, they don't need the owner of a site that they frequently visit commanding them not to view RT.

I've always been the first to admit that some of the stuff that they put out is garbage but they are still more credible than any mainstream USA news source - this is difficult to dispute and to think that anyone might do so is quite alarming. US outlets are still parroting the official story of 9/11 - Harry potter is more believable FFS!

So if someone were going to tell me that an outlet that actually seeks the truth in regards to the official story of 9/11 is far worse than those who lie to us on a daily basis about it - I would call them a deluded hypocrite.

The only difference between RT and Western outlets is that RT doesn't pretend to be something that it's not. And let us please NOT forget that this could all be a setup as other members mentioned - this seems wayyyy to convenient - almost scripted even. I'm thinking there has been incentives for these RT employees coming forward with these "revelations".

Perhaps you're the one falling for the bait and switch

What about the flashlight story do you think is garbage?

www.azfamily.com...
edit on 21-7-2014 by thesaneone because: Link

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Now if only half of the staff of Fox News, CNN, and MSNBC would do so for "spreading lies for the US government and Pentagon," we'd see some real progress.

Goes both ways. CNN, Fox, and the rest of them are propaganda too.

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer
Russia Today Anchor Resigns, Admits To Spreading 'Lies' For Putin

Today Sara Firth resigned from RT, and accused it of "spreading lies for Putin."

I resigned from RT today. I have huge respect for many in the team, but I'm for the truth. pic.twitter.com/mZ1g0R7N0D

— Sara Firth (@Sara__Firth) July 18, 2014

@Polly_Boiko @ukTanos Lies hun. We do work for Putin. We are asked on a daily basis if not to totally ignore then to obscure the truth

RT style guide Rule 1: It is ALWAYS *Ukraine's fault (*add name as applicable)

She follows Liz Wahl and Abby Martin in condemning Russia Today as a propaganda tool for Putin.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join