It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Today Anchor Resigns, Admits To Spreading 'Lies' For Putin

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sparta
I hope she actually posts which lies shes been spreading, rather than blank accusations with a hope for a job for cnn

Uh… everything?

Ukraine crisis: Could Russia Today turn you into a Putin propagandist?

FB: Boycott Russia Today

The Growing Power of Putin’s Propaganda Machine

There's quite a bit out there.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: RoScoLaz4
thanks but i'll decide for myself.

Then you've decided to parrot Russian propaganda. Sorry to be harsh, but it's true.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

I hope she actually posts which lies shes been spreading, rather than blank accusations with a hope for a job for cnn

Uh… everything?

Ukraine crisis: Could Russia Today turn you into a Putin propagandist?

FB: Boycott Russia Today

The Growing Power of Putin’s Propaganda Machine

There's quite a bit out there.

I see no actual lies being brought forward?

Only people claiming it to be from Putins mouth, I'm talking cold hard lies, proof of them literally giving us BS,(as the case many times for acouple major news outlets) a couple pretty women speaking out about RT being ran by Putin and then resigning on air amounts to nothing in my eyes.

Of course it leans to a more Pro Russian side, as all media outlets seem to do for there country, but I watch RT alot and where they are very obviously pro Russian they do also give the other side of the story and let you choose for yourself rather than being told one side and only one side.

As if Putin has anything to do with an English speaking news outlet. Funded by government yes, written by Putin mehh
edit on 18-7-2014 by Sparta because: doubled a para

edit on 18-7-2014 by Sparta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
It's pretty disturbing how many people gush over RT (and Putin for that matter) because anything or anyone that is critical of the US administration is automatically better somehow.

As Putin himself said, "Certainly the channel is funded by the government, so it cannot help but reflect the Russian government’s official position"

Yeah. RT, good source if your thing is Russian propaganda.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Hrm… is ATS a target then?
Documents Show How Russia’s Troll Army Hit America
RT-affiliated social media blast

Russia’s campaign to shape international opinion around its invasion of Ukraine has extended to recruiting and training a new cadre of online trolls that have been deployed to spread the Kremlin’s message on the comments section of top American websites.
Plans attached to emails leaked by a mysterious Russian hacker collective show IT managers reporting on a new ideological front against the West in the comments sections of Fox News, Huffington Post, The Blaze, Politico, and WorldNetDaily.

More at LiveLeak

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: aLLeKs
I have to say RT is always worth a look to get another perspective.
The truth lies between both sides.

This outlook amazes me, especially amongst ATS members.

Do you (rhetorical you) have a misplaced affinity for the outrageous propaganda from Russia Today simply because it fits in with your world-view having been inspired by conspiracy theories that are (mostly) specific to the United States?

Seriously?

Russia Today is indeed much worse than other news sources as it's charter owes to the Russian government, and it's completely funded by the Russian government.

People: it should be treated no better than Sorcha Faal or websites that do nothing but spout UFO hoaxes.

Don't follow Russia Today simply because they say crap you like -- then you're no better than the bleating hoard that follows/believes FoxNews.

Did I say I believe them?
I believe them as much as I believe CNN, Fox, BBC...
I just said it does not hurt to get both sides, since both sides spill their propaganda

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

I thought we were talking about RT spreading lies here.

I have no doubt in my mind the Russians are spreading B/S out there just like all countries do to hide the shameful/insidious things they do.

From you're link since we are talking about RT being Putins propaganda machine, where they were lying about that man who was already dead apparently carrying out terrorist attacks (Though I would argue the fact he died his identity could have been stolen to hide the real terrorist, just to throw it up abit (H) )

only Russia Today removed the article and published a retraction.

ATS is always a target, for all people allowing ignorance to cloud their judgement.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Only people claiming it to be from Putins mouth, I'm talking cold hard lies, proof of them literally giving us BS,(as the case many times for acouple major news outlets) a couple pretty women speaking out about RT being ran by Putin and then resigning on air amounts to nothing in my eyes.

For propaganda to be effective, it has to pass the smell test. It would be imprudent for Putin's Russia to spew pure BS, which you seem to require as proof of deception.

Basically what you're telling us is that you'll fall for anything short of the absurd.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: OpenMindedRealist

You're right, but once again my argument has nothing to do with propaganda, she said 'For spreading Putin's lies'

To call them lies it has to be lies.

Plus I never even said I believed it, it's actually ignorance to just listen to one side of a story without even considering the other, so

Basically what you're telling us is that you'll fall for anything short of the absurd.

No, no I'm not

Absurd is completely disregarding this station because some quaky news reporter said they didn't believe the information they were given and calls them lies.. with no proof.
edit on 18-7-2014 by Sparta because: typo once ahain

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: aLLeKs
I have to say RT is always worth a look to get another perspective.
The truth lies between both sides.

This outlook amazes me, especially amongst ATS members.

Do you (rhetorical you) have a misplaced affinity for the outrageous propaganda from Russia Today simply because it fits in with your world-view having been inspired by conspiracy theories that are (mostly) specific to the United States?

Seriously?

Russia Today is indeed much worse than other news sources as it's charter owes to the Russian government, and it's completely funded by the Russian government.

People: it should be treated no better than Sorcha Faal or websites that do nothing but spout UFO hoaxes.

Don't follow Russia Today simply because they say crap you like -- then you're no better than the bleating hoard that follows/believes FoxNews.
Yeah it's not like there was ever a threat of pulling the broadcast licenses of media here when it doesn't meet the agenda

Just one example
edit on 82852Fridayk22 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Hrm… is ATS a target then?
Documents Show How Russia’s Troll Army Hit America
RT-affiliated social media blast

Russia’s campaign to shape international opinion around its invasion of Ukraine has extended to recruiting and training a new cadre of online trolls that have been deployed to spread the Kremlin’s message on the comments section of top American websites.
Plans attached to emails leaked by a mysterious Russian hacker collective show IT managers reporting on a new ideological front against the West in the comments sections of Fox News, Huffington Post, The Blaze, Politico, and WorldNetDaily.

More at LiveLeak

First Time Since 1948, Propaganda Now Legal

Seems we're doing it too.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   

edit on 18-7-2014 by Tucket because: screw it, quotes messed up

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

This seems like a legitimate move - although I do pay attention to the RT to see their side of things, they definitely put spin on things, sometimes even more than MSNBC or Fox.

I generally try to watch a bunch of different news websites to see what's going on - but sometimes I don't know if that helps when there is so much spin that it's like watching fiction. Since we are on the topic of RT, I have seen that from them before, as much as I like using them to get an alternative take on things.
edit on 18pmFri, 18 Jul 2014 14:16:31 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

But so is the BBC, by the UK Government.
edit on 18/7/14 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

...and so is the CBC in Canada, which, BTW, is slowly being monetarily throttled by the current government for being too 'liberal'.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: masqua

But exactly... so I find it odd that SO is singling out RT for being state funded when numerous news stations and channels are.
Seems a little odd.... I guess it's because they're ant-American

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Although not aimed at me...I'll reply anyway.

The exact same could be said about the numerous extremists on this site posting Fox News articles about illegal immigrants and atheists and Muslims and all manner of utter **** spewed on here.
Or the completely insane and biased Obama threads... or numerous other threads from completely biased sources.
But that's cool... at least they're defending American values I suppose.

edit on 18/7/14 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: blupblup

We have NPR

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
The difference with the BBC is if the government were seriously controlling what the BBC report on, don't you think the Channel 4 news would run stories about it? Or the ITV network? Or Sky?

We have multiple competing news agencies in the UK, and the US for that matter, who are all to an extent watching each other, which keeps them ~more or less~ honest.

However in Russia, *everything* is owned and operated by the State. And the State = Putin and all of his old KGB chums.

Nothing we see on RT hasn't been written and created by one very clever intelligence agency.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: blupblup

And that's a valid analogy if you can't draw a distinction between the Russian Government and the UK government.

IMO

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join