It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Today Anchor Resigns, Admits To Spreading 'Lies' For Putin

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+24 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Russia Today Anchor Resigns, Admits To Spreading 'Lies' For Putin

Today Sara Firth resigned from RT, and accused it of "spreading lies for Putin."

I resigned from RT today. I have huge respect for many in the team, but I'm for the truth. pic.twitter.com/mZ1g0R7N0D

— Sara Firth (@Sara__Firth) July 18, 2014

@Polly_Boiko @ukTanos Lies hun. We do work for Putin. We are asked on a daily basis if not to totally ignore then to obscure the truth

RT style guide Rule 1: It is ALWAYS *Ukraine's fault (*add name as applicable)

She follows Liz Wahl and Abby Martin in condemning Russia Today as a propaganda tool for Putin.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Maybe she gets a job with an anti-Russian news outfit.

A set-up ?

+18 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
It would seem Russia has some of the same problems we have here in the U.S.

Second.
edit on 18-7-2014 by Battleline because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   

"When I started, I knew where Putin stood geopolitically, but did not know that his views would be imposed on the news operation."

Ok. So she was born yesterday.

Orr, she is just, as the article mentions, "proud to be American."

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer
Today Sara Firth resigned from RT, and accused it of "spreading lies for Putin."

Bye, nice knowing you Sara.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Maybe she gets a job with an anti-Russian news outfit.

A set-up ?

Yeah it's probably very easy for big media outlets to buy off these anchors with money or the promise of another job in an attempt to diminish the credibility of RT in order to advance some agenda. Then again, who the hell knows?

+19 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
RT is state owned TV. If you think for a minute it's any different than the US mainstream media/propaganda cartel then your only fooling yourself.
RT = Putin's Soapbox
edit on 18-7-2014 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
It would seem the west pays better than Russia.
I don't put too much faith in what presenters say and do nowadays, true journalism is dead.
If not dead, those who practice journalism have their careers killed off.
Good thing we have the alternative media.

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Nucleardoom

No kidding. Maybe she will get a job at Fox or MSNBC or (here's one) the BBC. Like any of those are honest.

*Facepalm*

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
It's a shame that none of our (UK) newsreaders don't follow suit and do the same. Considering all the crimes that are committed by our establishment you would think one or two of them would have a conscious and do the right thing.

Then again after what happened to Jill Dando maybe not....

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I have to say RT is always worth a look to get another perspective.
The truth lies between both sides.

Btw. I like Euronews, they seem pretty unbiased since they have to fulfill the expections of their western viewers as well as the ones of their eastern viewers.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bassago
a reply to: Nucleardoom

No kidding. Maybe she will get a job at Fox or MSNBC or (here's one) the BBC. Like any of those are honest.

*Facepalm*

BBC - Honest
How can you put both those words in the same post!

SHAME ON YOU!

I'm laughing, but I shouldn't be

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

She's been paid to do this.

She knew what she was dealing with in the first place. She would've known from the first minute that RT violated her apparent 'moral crusade', yet she put up with it for said amount of time.

And now conveniently, as US-Russia tensions are at an all time high for decades, she decides to step down and make public statements about how she's proud to be Anerican and that RT is sheer propaganda.

Of course RT is propaganda. The good thing about RT was that it definitely tried to give a less biased view than some of the western propaganda emitters. Anyone who's watched enough of it would know this.

Or she's simply scared about where her allegiance seems to lie. Either way, her motives are fake and completely disconnected from any concept of the 'hunt for the truth' and journalistic morality.

There is NO morality left in journalism. We are lied to every day from every side. Twitter has ironically become one of the most reliable places for getting an idea of what's going on.

edit on 18-7-2014 by DazDaKing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Is she a native of Russia? What's her background?

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Battleline

Yeah I agree with your statement. I think we need our media people to start resigning here too. Let them stand up and tell the truth and walk away from the mainstream media like they are doing over at RT. Because our media is no less propaganda than Russia's.

+28 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: aLLeKs
I have to say RT is always worth a look to get another perspective.
The truth lies between both sides.

This outlook amazes me, especially amongst ATS members.

Do you (rhetorical you) have a misplaced affinity for the outrageous propaganda from Russia Today simply because it fits in with your world-view having been inspired by conspiracy theories that are (mostly) specific to the United States?

Seriously?

Russia Today is indeed much worse than other news sources as it's charter owes to the Russian government, and it's completely funded by the Russian government.

People: it should be treated no better than Sorcha Faal or websites that do nothing but spout UFO hoaxes.

Don't follow Russia Today simply because they say crap you like -- then you're no better than the bleating hoard that follows/believes FoxNews.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Anyone who even looks at RT has no right to mock any other msm, because RT is State run propaganda. It is the same as when the USSR had one channel for the people. It is the same as Kim's NK news all dressed up to look western.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
It is... and always has been, the propaganda wing of the Kremlin!
It is not an unbiased news source... It pedals what ever the Kremlin want it to
pedal.

Nothing balanced at RT... when I tune occasionally.. you rarely get past a few sentences without hearing
the United States mentioned..(negatively)

RT/joke...Don't be fooled noobs

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord Don't follow Russia Today

thanks but i'll decide for myself.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I hope she actually posts which lies shes been spreading, rather than blank accusations with a hope for a job with cnn
edit on 18-7-2014 by Sparta because: gramma

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join