It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$25 Penalties for Marijuana Go Into Effect in the Capital

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Good info, thanks..

I'm looking into the definitions of what makes a drug schedule one narcotic and it seems to me pot is wrongly classed. it should be like coc aine and amphetamines be at least a schedule 2 classification.

Strangely enough Alcohol does meet the definition of a schedule 1 narcotic more so than pot does - But since it's legal and can be used for medical purposes (this is your corrupt government getting in bed with the pharmaceutical industry) -t's not classed as a narcotic at all !

So schedule 2 drugs are considered less harmful and less habit forming - does this mean we may get 10 dollar slaps on the wrist for a gram of coc aine? It certainly looks like this could open the door to such. (which i'm against btw)

Here is some interesting reading on narcotics

The Controlled Substances Act

Established under the Comprehensive Drug Abuse Prevention and Control Act of 1970, the Controlled Substances Act sets the guidelines for determining the legal medical uses for different classes of drugs. From these guidelines came five distinct drug classifications or schedules that make up the narcotics lists –

Schedule 1 – narcotic drugs with no known acceptable medical use that carry a high abuse potential
Schedule 2 – narcotic drugs that have medical uses but carry a high abuse potential
Schedule 3 – narcotic and non-narcotic drug combinations, such as codeine and aspirin which have a moderate abuse potential
Schedule 4 – narcotic and non-narcotic drug combinations, which have a low abuse potential
Schedule 5 – narcotic and non-narcotic drug combinations, which have a limited abuse potential

Of all the five classifications, the Schedule 1 narcotics list carries the highest risk for physical and psychological dependence as well as addiction.

- See more at: www.narcotics.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnPhoenix

Oh. I am in 100% agreement with you. Marijuana is wrongly classed. The fact that many states are using it for medical purposes successfully flat out disproves the FDA's stance that it has no medical benefit. Alcohol has been shown through study after study to be one of the most dangerous drugs you can take and we have already proven that you can't make it illegal. Alcohol being legal and pot being used medically are two GLARING hypocrisies in the federal government's stance towards marijuana.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
But won't these 25$ fines go to helping the police fill their quota?

Would you rather the Popo bothering you with road blocks at the end of the month to fill it?

I see this as a good thing, It's a cheap fine and won't result in a criminal record because its along the same lines as littering now.

It's also much cheaper.

I forsee the police writing many tickets that are under 100$ lol.

What ever keeps them busy for now instead of taken their bordom out on citizens through police brutality.
Now cops have to give citizens who carry MJ under an OZ at least some respect. Because their quota will be filled without a problem.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: igor_ats
Don't the laws in Colorado allow you to grow your own plants for recreational use?

I wouldn't know because I live in France, a land of farmers and unfollowed rules.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr

Well that's the beauty of it. The cops can't pull you over or get a warrant for your car by just saying they smell weed.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   
25 dollars? Here in Washington State the Leo's tell people to "Have a good night and stay safe" a reply to: Krazysh0t

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   
From what I can see, it looks like they basically decriminalized it in D.C.

It shares the main characteristics of a decriminalized activity at least. But nonetheless, it's great news if you ask me. Having our nations capital institute this seems pretty big if you ask me. Being able to walk past the White House smoking a joint with minimal consequence would be surreal. Looks like there's another big domino falling.

edit on 19-7-2014 by Honcho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 01:51 AM
link   
double post
edit on 19-7-2014 by Honcho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
On nearly the same subject... I just read in the A.P. that the Justice Dept. just put out overreaching reforms on mandatory drug penalties that effect thousands of prisoners in jail in the U.S for drug charges.... meaning many folks might get their sentences reduced... quickly.

About time, I say... rarely have there been so many freedom increasing measures enacted so quickly... it really is heartening.
edit on 7/19/2014 by Baddogma because: important bit of info added

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
The catch side, if you have a live round or just a casing of a bullet, you will be charge as a felony and stay for sometime in jail. Crime is on the rise, yet they forbid their own law abiding citizens from out of states to bring guns for personal protection.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join