It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SBU intercepts phone conversations of separatists admitting downing a civilian plane ( Ukraine )

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 05:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Adaluncatif

originally posted by: Mr Mask

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

originally posted by: Sparkymedic
I'll believe this if RT runs the story as well...

-sigh-

Russia Today is a Putin propaganda machine…

Here's The Ridiculous Way Russia's Propaganda Channel Is Covering The Downed Malaysia Airliner

Why are ATS members giving credence to Russia Today?

Exactly what I scream every time I see someone looking towards RT News for a single drop of sincerity or truth.

RT News is a paid mouth piece and a tool.

Nothing more.

MM

I would say that RT is truthful 90% of the time. CNN, MSNBC, and Fox News are truthful 5% of the time.

I think you're probably overstating that percentage a little.

I mean really..5%?...come on, you're being a little too generous.

RT is SO much more credible than anything the US or UK MSM has to offer in my opinion.

Yes, they have their bias, like we all do...but if i want to get at the naked facts of an issue, US media is certainly not an option.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sparkymedic
I'll believe this if RT runs the story as well... .

Russia Today is the propaganda machine of the Russian Gov't.
They aren't going to admit that their separatists did this.
You won't see that in Russia Today. It won't happen.

originally posted by: 74joff
Recording proves nothing but a false flag by nato/cia backed liars as usual!.

Yeah ... because we all know that Russia is trustworthy and wouldn't do anything at all like back separatists in a major land grab and then lie about it. Of course not. Not dear sweet Russia. It HAS to be the CIA. /sarcasm.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Russia Today is the propaganda machine of the Russian Gov't. They aren't going to admit that their separatists did this. You won't see that in Russia Today. It won't happen.

Ah the usual Copying and Pasting.

They aren't going to admit that their separatists did this.

Thats because they didn't.

Yeah ... because we all know that Russia is trustworthy and wouldn't do anything at all
Since when Has America/ NATO/ EU or your beloved Obama have being trustworthy again? America almost lied getting the world on attacking Syria based on false pretexts.

France a day away from attacking Syria if it weren't for Russia.

Not dear sweet Russia. It HAS to be the CIA. /sarcasm.

Is Assad still in Moscow dear? lets ask the state funded British news outlet BBC for that.
edit on 25-7-2014 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Talk is, there was a major dispute between Ukraine government parties soon after MH17 crash and now we see two parties quitting the ruling coalition causing the collapse of the Ukraine government. Perhaps the two parties want to distance themselves from the Ukraine government for some reason.

Prime minister Arseniy Yatsenyuk has resigned.

RulingBreakup Ukraine ruling party
edit on 25 7 2014 by glend because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: glend

With the Prime minister Arseniy Yatsenyuk resigning that says a lot doesn't it?

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agent_USA_Supporter
Since when Has America/ NATO/ EU or your beloved Obama have being trustworthy again?

1 - Straw man deflection.
2 - You failed to address the FACT that Russia Today is untrustworthy.
3 - You failed to address the FACT that Russia itself is untrustworthy.
4 - I never said American/NATS/EU was trustworthy .. and that's irrelevant in a discussion about Russia being trustworthy or not.
5 - He's not 'my' Obama and he's not 'beloved' by me.

Wanna show how Russia and Russia today is trustworthy?

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Agent_USA_Supporter

It sure points the finger at Arseniy Yatsenyuk. Now have to wonder about the timing of Gaza invasion, was it coincidental, or was the shoot down of MH17 a planned smokescreen. Its almost too horrific to contemplate but the evil in this world is great.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

LOL.

2 - You failed to address the FACT that Russia Today is untrustworthy. 3 - You failed to address the FACT that Russia itself is untrustworthy

RussiaToday is more trustworthy comparing with the likes of those other western news outlets with the likes of AP,BBC,CNN, FOX News that keep making up headlines and articles misquoting if not misquoting then simply recreating things the interviewer had never mentioned these are the news outlets you strongly defend.

Wanna show how Russia and Russia today is trustworthy?
So this what Russia gets in return from Saving America from a major embarrassment on starting an intervention into Syria?

Care to show me how America, Europe and its western news outlets are trustworthy? i will be waiting......................

and that's irrelevant in a discussion about Russia being trustworthy or not.

Its Nope its not irrelevant. Its important.

Also the only ones whom are attacking RussiaToday are the usual viewers and supporters of al jazeera, which there attacks on RT are rather common.
edit on 25-7-2014 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: glend

It sure points the finger at Arseniy Yatsenyuk. Now have to wonder about the timing of Gaza invasion, was it coincidental, or was the shoot down of MH17 a planned smokescreen. Its almost too horrific to contemplate but the evil in this world is great.

Good points about the Gaza massacre, since the Gaza invasion there has being close to 700 Palestinians had dead with no news coverage on there deaths, its rather ironic as CNN was reporting from the hill where the cheering Israelis were cheering from.

Ironic isn't it?

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   

RussiaToday is more trustworthy comparing with the likes of those other western news outlets with the likes of AP,BBC,CNN, FOX News

Got some stats to back that up with? And that's not what the discussion is. Because the BBC and MSNBC and FOX are biased and have errors ... that in NO WAY makes Russia Today believable and it in NO WAY erases the fact that Russia Today is a propaganda piece for the Russian Gov't. Are you saying that the Russian Gov't doesn't lie and doesn't have it's own agenda like everyone else? Really?

these are the news outlets you strongly defend.

No I haven't defended them, let alone 'strongly defended' them.
And again ... straw man deflection.

So this what Russia gets in return from Saving America from a major embarrassment on starting an intervention into Syria?

Just because Putin did a better job with Syria then Obama, doesn't give Russia or Russia Today a free pass in the 'believable' department. You failed to answer the question. Wanna' show how Russia and Russia Today are trustworthy?

Nope its not irrelevant.

Yes it is. Continually pointing at America and the American outlets as bad bad bad in no way proves your case that Russia and Russia Today is good good good. That's silly.

Show how Russia and Russia Today are trustworthy.

Edited to add your edit -

Also the only ones whom are attacking RussiaToday are the usual viewers and supporters of al jazeera,

I don't watch Al Jazeera so I don't know what you are talking about.

edit on 7/25/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: AmericanNational
Not buying it. Most people aren't saying that and people aren't thinking that. What's your game?
edit on 7/25/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   

I remember watching a speech of a UK news reporter receiving a award. In his speech he recited what a Russian comrade had said to him many years earlier. There is a one major difference between the Russian and Western people. Russian people know they are being lied too and have learnt to read between the lines.

So we have to learn to read between the lines of all news services. RT is no better, nor worse, than any other.
edit on 25 7 2014 by glend because: spelling

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vovin
And you ban them because you don't like RT?

The terms and conditions -- for those who read them -- don't allow usernames the correspond with website domains or companies without prior approval. In addition, "forum gangs" are not allowed -- the organized effort of a group of members to disrupt discussion.

edit on 25-7-2014 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

The terms and conditions -- for those who read them -- don't allow usernames the correspond with website domains or companies without prior approval. In addition, "forum gangs" are not allowed -- the organized effort of a group of members to disrupt discussion.

And yet I've complained multiple times to staff about such "forum gangs" only to be accused of complaining too much. They are acceptable if they parrot anything the White House says.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

And yet I've complained multiple times to staff about such "forum gangs" only to be accused of complaining too much. They are acceptable if they parrot anything the White House says.

I completely agree with you, i had seen and have being attacked by some of the "forum gangs" on my threads including the thread i did on Yusgalavia and elsewhere.

Whats worse they are even copying notes from each other.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

RussiaToday is more trustworthy comparing with the likes of those other western news outlets with the likes of AP,BBC,CNN, FOX News

Got some stats to back that up with? And that's not what the discussion is. Because the BBC and MSNBC and FOX are biased and have errors ... that in NO WAY makes Russia Today believable and it in NO WAY erases the fact that Russia Today is a propaganda piece for the Russian Gov't. Are you saying that the Russian Gov't doesn't lie and doesn't have it's own agenda like everyone else? Really?

these are the news outlets you strongly defend.

No I haven't defended them, let alone 'strongly defended' them.
And again ... straw man deflection.

Just because Putin did a better job with Syria then Obama, doesn't give Russia or Russia Today a free pass in the 'believable' department. You failed to answer the question. Wanna' show how Russia and Russia Today are trustworthy?

Nope its not irrelevant.

Yes it is. Continually pointing at America and the American outlets as bad bad bad in no way proves your case that Russia and Russia Today is good good good. That's silly.

Show how Russia and Russia Today are trustworthy.

Edited to add your edit -

Also the only ones whom are attacking RussiaToday are the usual viewers and supporters of al jazeera,

My Goodness and i though would not encounter such an discussion but yet again history repeats itself.. As an former reader, member and debater of the Guardian i swear i had seen similar comments even before Putin came into office.

straw man deflection

I am not the one whose deflecting your ugh opinions generated from the western news media.

Yes it is. Continually pointing at America and the American outlets as bad bad bad in no way proves your case that Russia and Russia Today is good good good.

How are American/British outlets where they have being lying for two decades now? they even lied about Libya,, Libya is in a chaotic state.

Which Gaddafi even gave a warning that this would occur, and what did your beloved news outlets do? and how they reported his warnings?
Nothing more then they laughed at it, yet whose laughing now?

RussiaToday is the only news station which would report topics and subjects that your BELOVED American News outlets would never touch nor report.

No I haven't defended them, let alone 'strongly defended' them

Are you deflecting this question? because here's what you said earlier.

And Also.

I am quite sure you do and i am quite sure if you Google Al Jazeera/ CNN and see whose running it.
It will show you a little more into the discussion.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   

RussiaToday is the only news station which would report topics and subjects that your BELOVED American News outlets would never touch nor report.

I'm sure they do, it's called propaganda.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
All that and you still failed to answer the question. How exactly is Russia Today trustworthy? And continually deflecting and calling US news outlets 'my beloved outlets' is silly. I've never even remotely said any such thing.

So once again .. how exactly is Russia Today trustworthy?
Please give evidence of this. Thank you.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
All that and you still failed to answer the question. How exactly is Russia Today trustworthy? And continually deflecting and calling US news outlets 'my beloved outlets' is silly. I've never even remotely said any such thing.

So once again .. how exactly is Russia Today trustworthy?
Please give evidence of this. Thank you.

This isn't a scientific process. You either trust it as a source or you do not. Just because you do not does not make the source illegitimate.

Your demands for evidence to prove anything is irrelevant because there is no reason to prove anything. Further more there's no reason to waste time disproving your claims when you've done nothing to prove your own claims, aside from the fact that you're American so your opinion is superior to anyone else's.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   

This isn't a scientific process.

Actually it is. Evidence is presented proving it is or it is not trustworthy. Evidence has already been provided all over the boards that it's not trustworthy. And, so far, no one who is luv'n on Russia Today has presented evidence showing why exactly the Russian owned propaganda outlet is can be trusted.

You either trust it as a source or you do not.

Based on evidence.

Just because you do not does not make the source illegitimate.

I have asked for evidence proving it is a trustworthy source.
And once again ... no one has provided any.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join