It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone know these symbols ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthIncarnate

...'bound'...

gotcha.. i think by now we "know" where all this is leading to

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

that murky puddle of linguistics.

I like that phrase. Symbols such as letters, words, sigils, etc. have different meaning based on the observer. There are ancient cultures that perceive a swastika as a positive symbol.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

fwiw this is where it all starts to come undone..

it's true enough what you said typed just then.. we'd have to start digging into the very foundation of that swastika symbol, we'd soon arrive at something like a sun symbol and/or a vortex (swastika is probably etymologi.. uhh, a "word-cousin" of chakra) we're immediately back to spinning wheels (vortexes again) we can also drag all this back to the aleph

there are multiple layers of interpretations to most of this (initiation by degrees)

the ROOT meaning contains the seed, there will be those who have different ideas of how to put it into action (like those nazi's did) ..all this knowledge is safely encoded behind layers & layers, to keep us idiots away from it

edit on 18-7-2014 by UNIT76 because: fixed typo (so/to) ..could you imagine the damage caused by hundreds of NSA scribes copying "to" as "so"!?

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   

The lower middle symbol is very specifically the opening figure of a 'Turks Head' knot.

Both the extreme right symbols look like electrical schematic codes for grounds and resistors.

The Spiral is a common symbol in ancient cave paintings.

Second from left, bottom row appears to be a map and the rest look like poorly drawn Taggers monograms.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthIncarnate
Seriously no one ? Well can anyone direct me to a symbol library ? I found one but searching for these symbols became a real labor, a while back someone referred me to a symbol library that had search function which included things like 'symbol has one line, symbol has two crossed lines' etc, anyone know the website ??

Believe it or not, some things are still exclusively in books. When it comes to symbols, symbolism, and semiotics, many of us are still blowing dust off of books to research them.

So when somebody on here asks you for more information about what your are asking us, it isn't that they are waiting for your answer with some universal symbol-translation website open; they are probably just trying to get an idea of where to start looking.

Off the top of my head, there seem to be inspirations of more than one culture. The last two are pretty generic and seen in several regions but the rest look like they could have similar origins to Theban or even Crossing the River. Also, as other posters have said, it looks reminiscent of alchemy symbolism and even some examples of Goetic seals.

Also, there is at least one that look like they could be a unique sigil written with a witch's wheel.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Here is a list of different alphabets to help you out with your puzzle.

CdT

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Some of them look similar to these:
sjugng.blogspot.com...

Symbols of demons for summoning.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
You could try separating them into single symbols and uploading them to google image and see what they give you for results. Go to Google images and click on the camera, upload or point to url.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Truthincarnate I am about to make a post with a link to a google street view image and the original image on a website on the image ther is a "demon" wich people presumed to be a doll/statue but look into its eyes! Well google for some reason blured it out! Enyway I believe ther is some of them symbols on the wall in the four ground of the house were the demon is on the picture...

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Looks like a mix of alchemy, geometry and religious symbolism.

Alchemical symbols

An obvious one is the perpendicular lines

A couple of the symbols look like they incorporate the Lorraine Cross which when combined with the infinity symbol is referred to as the Satanic cross and is the symbol for sulfur.

Theistic Satanism

Full sigil of Lucifer

The arrow symbol looks like the rune stone glyph for the warrior.

The spiral could represent the Golden Spiral or Fibonacci sequence

As others have mentioned the connections to Aleister Crowley and Grimoire

My guess is it's some kind of chemical recipe or potion. Perhaps to conjure spirits or demons.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join