It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone know these symbols ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Hey everyone, been away from ATS for a while, anyway had an excellent experience with the ATS community when i asked for help identifying a symbol awhile back and so i thought i would again ask for some help from the community !

here are the symbols i need help identifying : i58.tinypic.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Seriously no one ? Well can anyone direct me to a symbol library ? I found one but searching for these symbols became a real labor, a while back someone referred me to a symbol library that had search function which included things like 'symbol has one line, symbol has two crossed lines' etc, anyone know the website ??

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   
it says "popped out for some mugwort, back in 10 minutes -gandalf"

a reply to: TruthIncarnate

looks like a hybridization of astrological & alchemical symbols with a splash of led zeppelin..
the second line looks like it could be an encrypted name?

..how did this come about?
edit on 18-7-2014 by UNIT76 because: aliens

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Ha ! I do like that description

i suppose part of the fascination with symbols is that we feel they are trying to tell us something, some sort of knowledge trapped in a few lines, a knowledge we had not yet become aware of, as in a riddle to be solved backwards

So when you ask how did i come about these things, its quite hard to describe ! I suppose you mean context, or place, which is really quite arbitrary, i 'found' them in a place most dont know about, so i cant give a location or a reason why i cant give a location, i'm quite sorry, but i can tell you i found them

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   
image search "goetia symbols". i recognized a few off the bat, nuff said on that.

nasty stuff, bud.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: ATODASO

Can you point out the ones you recognize, it can be quite hard swimming through an ocean in search of a fish

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Just a bunch of scribble unless you give them meaning. That's how sigils work. I'm not trying to downplay it. That's just how it works.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Not sure where you 'found' them, but some of them look a little bit like the hobo underground language/signs. Indigent peoples have used their own set of symbols for years to tell/warn others of certain things. You may want to Google that and see if any of the symbols match.

Good hunting!

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

I found these, so i assume they have a meaning inherent, rather than a meaning imbued

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: BendingTheTruth

Thanks !

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I am familiar with Goetic Magic. Any symbol can have any meaning. The power is in the observer.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   

no problem. this one has a squiggle that matches the third symbol of your set. this one looks like a variation of the sixth one. try more image comparisons for yourself.

whoever knocked those symbols out might have been inspired by goetic symbols. you might also wanna crossref alchemical symbols.

edit on 18-7-2014 by ATODASO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Is it possible that it is a curse ? The actual symbols were written in a circular direction.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   

So when you ask how did i come about these things, its quite hard to describe !

truth has no mysteries

..telling the truth ought to be the easiest thing to do in the world

if you're the one looking for answers here yet reluctant to divulge what you know, can you imagine how this works the further we attempt to go up the line?

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthIncarnate

Is it possible that it is a curse ? The actual symbols were written in a circular direction.

you'd wanna take into consideration where and when you found it (and any other details that strike you) to extrampomate the motive of the person who wrote it. but yeah, circular config seems in line with goetic sigil layout.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Reg a bene, shwa machu bene.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: UNIT76

quite right you are ! But im 'bound' to secrecy on this one ! like i said, i can tell you 'i' found them, but telling where is a no go, its just not possible, not that i dont want to, but to even describe it would be like telling you an answer before we know the question... it would be like putting a full stop at a beginning of a sentence ?

I suppose from that you can infer where i found it, but i didn't tell you and i was only describing what it would be like if i told you ! Anyway i have the upmost respect for the ATS community, and with that full cooperation within the bounds of my other commitments

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

i think i get where you're coming from, bud.

edit on 18-7-2014 by ATODASO because: dat link, tho

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   
so no answers ? seems to me we are starting to discuss the nature of symbols,... which is off topic.

As i said there was a library someone on ATS referred me too that allowed you to search based on the contents of the symbol (eg has crossed lines or has one line etc) anyone know the url ?

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   

The second from last, the one which resembles a spiral, is similar to a symbol used in a television show called True Detective, by a serial murdering occultist. Other than that I know nothing about these specific symbols, or their meaning or use. What I do know, is that most alphabets in the occult, can be used for both good or ill, both to ward against something, or curse it, depending on the situation at hand.

There are a few occult alphabets which are context specific as to their meaning, alleged to have different effects and intent, depending on their location, orientation, the pattern in which they have been distributed.

Beyond that, I have no idea, and it has been a very long time since last I peered into that murky puddle of linguistics.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join