It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please Explain Israel vs Palestine

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: mclarenmp4

Yes. In my opinion we should have carved up Germany and annexed a large portion for the Jews and other holocaust targets.

Instead we displace the Palestinians and now have Israelis acting (by definition) as fascists.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: jheated5

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

originally posted by: GogoVicMorrow
Israel was helped into Palestine (in 47 or so) where they quickly forced the Palestinians out of their homes, attacked anyone they thought might be a future threat without provocation, kept taking land, kept taking land, Arafat finally agreed to just keeping a tiny 20 percent of the country. Israel didn't respect that and started taking more while creating laws that only apply to Palestinians while Israeli Jews enjoy way more freedom and respect. Israel now continuously oppresses the Palestinians and tries to usurp their land.

The Palestinians shoot off little unguided rockets into the desert so they can try to get the worlds attention so they aren't forgotten to be oppressed in silence and have their land taken and people abused. It's not religious fanaticism or any attempt to win, it's just to bring attention to their plight.

If that sounds one sided it's because it is, it's the truth. One of the most militarily technologically advanced countries in the world oppressing poor people in a ghetto prison where Israel controls their supplies.

There now it's explained.

I don't think much more has to be said.... If you agree with the cleansing of Native Americas by European settlers than you'll probably agree with what Israel is doing, not much difference really.

OK...another question then. Are you implying that if Israel returned to its original borders that all the hate and attacks from the other side WILL stop? If so...they you have a very valid point that would change some of my opinions.

I am saying that is exactly what would happen... If the Palestinians started launching rockets after that, I would have no sympathy for them whatsoever, that isn't the reality of it though.

When you say "isn't the reality"...do you mean returning to original borders, or the attacks stopping? That is NOT meant to be a loaded question.

About your response...I've often said, and maybe incorrectly that if the US (for example) were to go into the area and say "ENOUGH...the next one to fire a shot will be wiped out", that Palestine would be wiped out. You disagree.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Foreign Office, November 2nd, 1917.

Dear Lord Rothschild, I have much pleasure in conveying to you, on behalf of His Majesty's Government, the following declaration of sympathy with Jewish Zionist aspirations which has been submitted to, and approved by, the Cabinet. "His Majesty's Government view with favour the establishment in Palestine of a national home for the Jewish people, and will use their best endeavours to facilitate the achievement of the object, it being clearly understood that nothing shall be done which may prejudice the civil and religious' rights of existing non-Jewish communities in Palestine, or the rights and political status enjoyed by Jews in any other country". I should be grateful if you would bring this declaration to the knowledge of the Zionist Federation.

Yours sincerely, (Signed) Arthur James Balfour

....and thirty years and one world war later....

There are no hidden conspiracies if one has the eyes to see what is right in front of them.

Way back when they were trying to find a place to put the jews someplace out of the way and disguising it as a favor of some sort.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   

a reply to: mclarenmp4

Yes. In my opinion we should have carved up Germany and annexed a large portion for the Jews and other holocaust targets.

Instead we displace the Palestinians and now have Israelis acting (by definition) as fascists.

Interesting idea. I would have suggested a new USA state. Then none of this would have been happening.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

It's been called Palestine and many other things. I don't think that really matters as much as who was living there and how they came to no longer live there in contemporary times.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Israel was helped into Palestine (in 47 or so) where they quickly forced the Palestinians out of their homes, attacked anyone they thought might be a future threat without provocation, kept taking land, kept taking land, Arafat finally agreed to just keeping a tiny 20 percent of the country. Israel didn't respect that and started taking more while creating laws that only apply to Palestinians while Israeli Jews enjoy way more freedom and respect. Israel now continuously oppresses the Palestinians and tries to usurp their land.

The Palestinians shoot off little unguided rockets into the desert so they can try to get the worlds attention so they aren't forgotten to be oppressed in silence and have their land taken and people abused. It's not religious fanaticism or any attempt to win, it's just to bring attention to their plight.

If that sounds one sided it's because it is, it's the truth. One of the most militarily technologically advanced countries in the world oppressing poor people in a ghetto prison where Israel controls their supplies.

There now it's explained.

I don't think much more has to be said.... If you agree with the cleansing of Native Americas by European settlers than you'll probably agree with what Israel is doing, not much difference really.

OK...another question then. Are you implying that if Israel returned to its original borders that all the hate and attacks from the other side WILL stop? If so...they you have a very valid point that would change some of my opinions.

I am saying that is exactly what would happen... If the Palestinians started launching rockets after that, I would have no sympathy for them whatsoever, that isn't the reality of it though.

When you say "isn't the reality"...do you mean returning to original borders, or the attacks stopping? That is NOT meant to be a loaded question.

About your response...I've often said, and maybe incorrectly that if the US (for example) were to go into the area and say "ENOUGH...the next one to fire a shot will be wiped out", that Palestine would be wiped out. You disagree.

No I don't disagree, if your hypothetical happened, then of course, I would lay blame at the feet at who fired first, if no provocation was involved. I'm saying they're spilling out of their original borders, for that reason they are launching in retaliation.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: jheated5

Could you clarify who the they's are. I mean I have my suspicions, but If i am misreading you at all it's complete.

link   
What part of " stand alone and survive by it's own merits" translates to " stop helping them so we can kill them" ???...

NONE.

Believe what you want to believe...

OUT

link   

It's been called Palestine and many other things. I don't think that really matters as much as who was living there and how they came to no longer live there in contemporary times.

Sorry...I would disagree with that. If it was just an unclaimed area where anyone who wanted to, squatted...then it wasn't "wrong" to cut out a piece for the relocation of another group of people. And since no one really stated the opposite...the best I can tell "Palestine" doesn't, and never did exist in the sense of a "country". At least officially. Maybe a "country" in idea only.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: MyHappyDogShiner
What part of " stand alone and survive by it's own merits" translates to " stop helping them so we can kill them" ???...

NONE.

Believe what you want to believe...

OUT

I wasn't trying to intentionally take you wrong...and just wanted to clarify. It just sounded very much like "sure...he can come over and talk" when really meaning "come over so I can beat you up". My mistake.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   
OK. Thanks for all who helped fill me in. I've got one video to watch and some research to do on Israel's "expansion". But I'm happy to say that apparently, there weren't any other logical facts to change my initial beliefs. So with that said...have a good day. Gotta go.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   
If you really look back, it was the British who fired the first shot by declaring Palestine to be the new home of the Jewish.

It was the British imperialists who destroyed the middle east and broke it up into an un-natural group of states and provinces like happened everywhere else in the world, even north America.

The Palestinians occupy the same marginal area the Native Americans did, the indigenous population is being weeded out and assimilated.

The assimilation will not go well because, in truth, both groups are zealots and will fight for what they believe to be true even if it can be proven untrue.

It's a perfect plan to keep the chaos raging as there ain't no money to be made, no loans that need to be written (at least not really huge one's like for weapons) for either side...

It has nothing to do with God or religion or anything else but money, money, money money....

The banks are the problem, and just happen to operate on the British banking model and method....

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Zionists vs Islamic Extremists fighting over a piece of land in perpetual dispute - let those labels enter the history books and looked upon as dangerous ideologies hell bent on death.....just like Nazism.

I think most folks over there probably just want to live in peace and have fresh running water, food on the table, a job and a happy family.

In my opinion, it far too late to start pointing fingers and labelling entire populations as "aggressor" or "aggressive defender". Again, imo, this perpetual retaliation-fest between the 2 side appears to be happening by design.

Propaganda.....should never be permitted to enter the history books.
edit on 18-7-2014 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Could you clarify who the they's are. I mean I have my suspicions, but If i am misreading you at all it's complete.

I'm saying Israel is spilling out of it's original border, sorry it wasn't clear, I was caught in convo with other poster so I lost my train of thought.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   
The truth is shadowed in so much obfuscation that it is nearly impossible to discern truth from fiction. That said, the long and short of it as "I" see it is thusly:

Seeing how all this goes back to and before the British occupation choosing the right place to start is difficult. Focusing in and around the 6 day war shows where the recent trajectory stems from IMO.

There was a lot of pressure including from the US for Israel to withdraw from the territories it controlled for fears of reprisals from Palestine, Egypt, Syria and Jordan to name a few. Russia begins supporting and arming Israel's enemies in the ME eroding the military dominance of Israel in the region. This would only encourage Israel to begin developing nuclear weapons so the Johnson administration decided reverse course and approve purchase requests for the M48A3 Patton tank and after that the A-4 Skyhawk. This would deter the Arabs from trying to start/win an arms race and discourage Israel from needing nukes.

From there, what I can see is that hatred for Israel continues to grow for both legitimate and illegitimate reasons. Israel now essentially the regional superpower became an attack dog that broke its leash.

Personally I feel Israeli actions are almost always exceedingly aggressive and overhanded. That said, truly, if I lived in a town where all the surrounding towns wanted to kill us from all directions I'd be a little paranoid, antsy and possibly overly aggressive myself. How do you simmer so much hatred?

At this point if Israel were to withdraw from all territories and end the blockade on Palestine I seriously doubt the surrounding nations would allow her to live in peace. They would see her as weakened and pounce. This leaves us with what? As far was I can tell, a river of blood knee deep.

edit on 18-7-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Sorry...I would disagree with that. If it was just an unclaimed area where anyone who wanted to, squatted...then it wasn't "wrong" to cut out a piece for the relocation of another group of people. And since no one really stated the opposite...the best I can tell "Palestine" doesn't, and never did exist in the sense of a "country". At least officially. Maybe a "country" in idea only.

They didn't just "cut out" a piece though. They literally kicked them out of their homes. Homes with foundations and farms and wells.. not squats. Watch that video he's a former IDF member and his father was an important general during Israels formative years. He discusses his mother being friendly with Palestinian neighbors at the start and then the government kicking the Palestinians out of their homes and giving them to Jewish Israelis.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Yeah they are.. They have completely taken over except for two tiny bits and they are still taking land. That's what the rocket fire is all about. If they didn't do something to get the worlds attention they would actually be in worse situations than they are being bombed night and day.. and that's pretty sad.

The second those rockets stop and the world stops looking.. Israel starts creepin' in.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Propaganda.....should never be permitted to enter the history books.

Sadly history books are laden with propaganda. Victors write history from there point of view and wouldn't you know, the good triumphs.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I don't know if they are really Islamic extremists though.

They certainly aren't extremists like you have in Syria, or Iraq, Yemen, Libya, or throughout Africa.

They aren't shooting rockets for religious purposes. It isn't the long standing hatred between the religions like many say. It's just they lost everything and are oppressed on the little bit of land they have left and Israel is still trying to take more.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   
With same logic that Jews and Zionist got their Israel, can we give rest of the ppl their ancient homelands back too??

For example if Rromani "gipsies" whom suffered same faith than Jews in ww2 by nazies hand, would be given their ancient homeland which is whole Rajasthan, could they too force other ppl out of the land by force, demolish families homes to build homes for Rroma and even surraund them behind walls and snipers etc. Btw Rroma ppl were send back to roads without any help for decades to come, some countries that were nazies allies contienued Rroma ppl torture till 80-90th and they were denied from holocaust memorial court etc.

I know some ppl are saying now if Jews and Zionist can take their country and hold it by beeing stronger, well any nation could be as strong even stronger with the same support they got from everywhere but escpesially from USA.

I dont think it was right to take by force Palestinian lands and claim it as Israel and i must say that it will be hell over there soon enough. Now its like purgatory but it can turn to hell real fast too.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join