It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Couple 'Shaken' After Missing Doomed Flight

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 05:24 AM
link   
news.sky.com...
Barry Sim, from Scotland, his wife Izzy, and the couple's young child were travelling to Amsterdam's Schiphol airport in a taxi on Thursday evening when they heard about the crash.

They had been due to catch flight MH17 to Malaysia earlier in the day, but were told they would have to switch to another plane.

Cradling her baby at the airport, Mrs Sim said: "I'm shaken. I don't even know what to do. I feel physically sick.

"I was coming from the Hilton (hotel) in The Hague to the airport in the taxi and I was just crying.

"I'm just thinking that I feel like I've been given a second chance, so hopefully we will get there (to Malaysia) safely and we will see my family again."

The couple told the Daily Telegraph they were forced to swap to a KLM flight bound for Kuala Lumpur as there were too few seats for them and their baby.

A woman cries as she waits for information in Kuala Lumpur
Mr Sim told the newspaper he also felt "sick" after hearing about his family's lucky escape, but added that he wanted to carry on with his life.

"In my mind lightning never strikes twice in the same place, so I am still philosophical that you get on the flight and you go about your life," Mr Sim told the newspaper.

Lucky people but I think you've got a big x on your back !
P.s.
Don't drive behind a truck carrying trees !
edit on 18-7-2014 by Denoli because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I'd rather be lucky than good any day. Good for them.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Truly the silver lining to the dark cloud. What a lesson about patience for delays in life.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Denoli

They had been due to catch flight MH17 to Malaysia earlier in the day, but were told they would have to switch to another plane. Cradling her baby at the airport, Mrs Sim said: "I'm shaken. I don't even know what to do. I feel physically sick.

Shaken?
Hell, I'd be jumping for joy.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
My husbands nephew was supposed to be on that Pan Am flight that was blown up over Lockerbie Scottland. He over slept and missed the plane. So far fate has not tried to catch up with him.
edit on AMu31u0772937312014-07-18T10:37:06-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join