It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Malaysian Airlines loses another 777.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Just saw this awhile back. It seems MAS has lost another 777, this time over the Ukraine. It seems to have been shot down, although everybody is pointing the finger at each other. US officials have been quoted as having confirmed their belief that it was a missile as they claim to have detected a missile battery search/tracking radar, followed shortly after by a thermal plume detection in the area that the aircraft went down, probably as the missile impacted the aircraft.

There were 295 people on-board the Boeing 777-200 with no reports of survivors.
Story here
edit on 18-7-2014 by thebozeian because: Poor spelling!

edit on 18-7-2014 by thebozeian because: I still can't spell...

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: thebozeian

Yeah. Hottest topic of the day. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Yeah, I've been following this one closely. I hope ATS doesn't follow its one-thread policy on this, because this one is huge, though its been posted on before. It should be given lots of threads.

I heard a quote from intelligence folks once, that said (paraphrasing)

"terrorism is an attempt at discourse in a language of symbolic violence".

That's as close to the core as it gets. I can promise one thing: there was not one person - not one - on that flight who the people who shot it down had a grievance with. That makes it a kind of violence different from somebody shooting their perceived enemy, the purpose of the violence is to send a message.

(And I do not Agree with Senator McCain that flight M17 was shot down on 7/17 because they got the wrong plane, and thought it was a military plane, just as I do not believe the connection between 9/11 2001 and the coup against Allende on the same date in 1973 was coincidence.)

"terrorism is an attempt at discourse in a language of symbolic violence".

An interesting thing about modern terrorism is to note its symbiosis with both the media, and the Internet. (I had a joking thought that Anderson Cooper shot it down himself, noting CNN's ratings spike during the flight 370 fiasco) Terrorism exists not to exterminate a physical enemy, but to exterminate, in the eyes of media viewers, a symbolic, ideological enemy.

The question is, what is the symbol, what is the idea being communicated in this attack highly tied to sevens (for some reason). I don't know who's behind it. High ranking US officials in Intelligence ALONE know if "western aligned" forces were behind this, high ranking officials in Russian intelligence ALONE know if Russian aligned separatists where behind it. My take - as a peace lover - on this attack, so ripe for propaganda exploitation, is to think of it like this:

The devil ran into the room. He did something wicked and evil, and did a little dance, waving two nation's flags around.

The question is, having seen this yourself, are you going to ask "which one of those nations who's flags the devil was waving made the devil to that evil act?" Or are you going to blame the devil (wicked people) for wicked acts and continue to move forward to peace and balance for the people of Ukraine and the people of the world?

Peace~! Me

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: thebozeian
There were 295 people on-board the Boeing 777-200 with no reports of survivors.
Story here

The death toll is 298, not 295.

Three murdered infants were not originally on the passenger list.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 03:55 AM
link   
This has got the hands of the CIA all over it. This morning on the radio they discussed how the weapon used was Russian and how the separatists might have got hold if.

Why would the separatists who are ethnic Russians want to bring down an airliner? Whats in it for them. They are being ethnically cleansed so they they are to busy defending themselves or trying to get across the boarder in Russia.

Whats in it for the US owned thug that running the Ukraine without being elected? Plenty, they can blame Russia for it and use it to beat Europe over the head to blackmail them into increased cooperation and assistance.

Whats in it for CIA? the same thing that in it for the US tug in control.

What do they say?

ask who has the capability?
Who has in interest in it happening and
Who gains from it.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   

An interesting article about the separatists and possible mis-identification of the 777 as a AN-26, leading to it being targeted by the separatists.

deepbluehorizon.blogspot.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Whilst this most likely was a missile strike, am i the only one to find it a little strange that the various videos seeming to show the impact of the aircraft from various angles, do not show any smoke/debris trail as the aircraft is going in? Would an aircraft which i would assume would have a reasonable amount of fuel still onboard not likely be on fire as it went down?

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
There are tons of threads on this topic. Use the search engine will ya?

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Please contribute to one of the MANY ongoing threads

Closing Duplicate

Semper

new topics

top topics

join