It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rep. Schakowsky: Legalizing Illegals 'Would Raise the Wages, Really, of All Workers'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Another genius politician at work !!

U.S. Representative Jan Schakowsky (D-ill) claims that "citizenizing" illegals would actually raise wages for all workers.

She has some "reasons".

But She failed to mention any solution to future "wage problems" involving any "new" illegals later on.

Brilliant.

When asked on Wednesday if putting illegal aliens on a "path to citizenship" in the United States would help unemployed Americans, Rep. Jan Schakowsky (D-Ill.) responded that “comprehensive immigration reform" would "raise the wages" of all workers.

CNSNews.com asked Schakowsky: “Do you think that allowing illegal aliens to stay in the United States and putting them on a path to citizenship, would that help the unemployed in America?”

Rep. Schakowsky: Legalizing Illegals 'Would Raise the Wages, Really, of All Workers'

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Well,

I can ONLY-GUESS that the "Progressive"-Thinking is that they'll need some folks to work in ...

The Transportation-Industry ... ( i.e. Planes, Buses and Vans )

BECAUSE

(HHS) reportedly sent illegal immigrant children with communicable diseases on planes to sites around the country

OPINION: The "Progressive" have "MESSED ON THAT" too!

( and now needing "folks" to ... clean-n-disinfect )

edit on 18-7-2014 by FarleyWayne because: YES ... "Brilliant"

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Yeah just like obamacare was going to lower the cost of healthcare, and everyone was going to save $2500 a year, and it was going to cut the deficit, and pigs were going to fly, and the president brought peace and tranquility throughout the world.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Jan Schakowsky views the world, from the sterile halls of an ivory tower. On the other hand the majority of humanity has to view it from squalid trenches.

The elite who reside within ivory towers know full well that it's fiscally impossible to raise worker's wages, as markets are allowed to be submerged beneath a tsunami of illegal human labor.

She's just another two-bit politician, offering the American people nothing more than deception.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   

I would think that according to the laws of supply and demand, the way to raise wages would be to deport illegals and lower the worker supply, creating higher wages through increased demand. And of course, being here ILLEGALLY means they are criminals and helping them means aiding and abetting criminals and having knowledge of a crime being committed, creating conspiracy to commit a crime. Having them here is also a slap in the face for those that took the time to do it legally as well as those still waiting for their chance legally. And frankly, any government that fails to protect its borders, is failing to do one of its truly basic reasons for existence. Having spent billions upon billions of dollars I imagine the cost per mile at this failure is really quite high. The cost to taxpayers in burdens on schools, hospitals, law enforcement, and the many other ways the illegals are coddled must be an astounding number.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   

edit on 18-7-2014 by thirdcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 02:40 AM
link   

She's got something going for her ... that's for sure. Never taken an election with less than 65% of the vote! even though her husband was convicted of something like bank fraud and served time in a Federal Pen (while she was in office no less).

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Really ?

So what about that 100 million workers that don't have jobs to WORK ?

The 102.159 million Americans not working in December is not the all-time record of Americans not working. That all-time record was set in October, 2013, at 102.896 million. The employment-population ratio that month was an even more pitiful 58.2%

100 million not working

And then what 'qualifications' do illegals bring to the table ?

Since they are 'poor' but still can shell out thousands of dollars to get here.

Which means that most are not skilled.

Really what do illegals bring to the table except to add more people to the welfare lines, and more people to add to the ACA rolls, and add more voters to a group of people that say the law doesn't matter ?

Nothing.

This nation being 17 trillion dollars in debt.

Cities going bankrupt.

Runaway government.

We are screwed with no where to run to.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Well said Neo! And things will only get worse as time goes on. Wages will stay low. With the thousands of new illegal older teens and men coming through, I wonder how many will find jobs? More for the welfare lines I suppose. Or...they will replace the other illegals who are getting tired of sub standard wages. In any case, we're screwed.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Well...she's not wrong.

I haven't seen any evidence that that wouldn't happen. Though, the lack of a plan for future immigrants is a problem. Of course...the senate immigration bill addresses that with more border patrol agents and bigger fences.

Democrats wrote that bill and the president supports it though, so it's bad.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Really what do illegals bring to the table except to add more people to the welfare lines, and more people to add to the ACA rolls, and add more voters to a group of people that say the law doesn't matter ?

Well, they DO bring that for sure.

Poverty is Big Business as I have said before. It is imperative that progressives maintain a needy and an at-risk segment of population so that they can continue receiving huge government grants and foundation contributions that pour into their non-profits. Then, if they have a dime or two left over after they skim most of it off the top for "salaries and expenses", they can claim society benefits from their efforts.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I wonder which dictionary she's using when she look up the word "worker" because it must be much different than mine.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Another genius politician at work !!

U.S. Representative Jan Schakowsky (D-ill) claims that "citizenizing" illegals would actually raise wages for all workers.

She has some "reasons".

But She failed to mention any solution to future "wage problems" involving any "new" illegals later on.

Brilliant.

When asked on Wednesday if putting illegal aliens on a "path to citizenship" in the United States would help unemployed Americans, Rep. Jan Schakowsky (D-Ill.) responded that “comprehensive immigration reform" would "raise the wages" of all workers.

CNSNews.com asked Schakowsky: “Do you think that allowing illegal aliens to stay in the United States and putting them on a path to citizenship, would that help the unemployed in America?”

is she for real?

and people call palin stupid.

"Schakowsky responded: “We know that comprehensive immigration reform would add billions and billions to our economy. It would raise the wages, really. of all workers, because right now immigrants are – undocumented immigrants – are exploited and even paid below the minimum wage.”

“In so many ways it would help our economy, help American, Native American workers, and be a plus for all of us. It’s just another one of those issues where if the bill were called, it would pass. We have the votes. There are enough Republicans who would join Democrats in passing comprehensive immigration reform, and then our country would be more prosperous,” Schakowsky added."

what's up with the shout out to native americans?

does she mean legal citizens? wtf?

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I was going to bring up the whole "they get paid low wages" thing, but then I read the article.

Even acknowledging that, it's still not a good argument. Wouldn't prices increase if illegals were no longer, well illegal? I've read a couple of threads on minimum wage, and that seems to be the argument against raising it, so I imagine the same would apply in this situation considering that their wages are also being raised from slave wage to minimum wage.

edit on 18-7-2014 by technical difficulties because: reworded

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: technical difficulties

Minimum wage or not, it does nothing to help our millions of un-employed.

top topics

join