It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pro-Russian Rebel Commander: 'We Did Warn You — Do Not Fly in Our Sky'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
It look like Igor Girkin is taking responsibility thinking he shot down a commercial plane and once he learned it was a passenger flight retracted some of his statements.

KIEV, Ukraine — As news broke of Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 being downed in eastern Ukraine, the separatist’s shadowy commander with a pencil mustache issued a dark warning on social media.

Through his VK.com account, Russia’s version of Facebook, the self-proclaimed defense minister of the Donetsk People’s Republic, Igor Girkin — who goes by the nom de guerre Igor Strelkov — boasted about shooting down a plane.

mashable.com...
edit on 7/17/2014 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: nighthawk1954

Regardless of what this guy posted on the "Russian equivalent of facebook", I am more inclined to believe that it was the new EU/NATO/US installed government.

This new government is merciless.

Wasnt that long ago when the EU backed protests forced the previous government to step down. That government was not violent.

This new Western backed regime has a bloodlust thats off the charts.

edit on 17-7-2014 by gladtobehere because: typo

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
These missiles take very specific training to fire.

No band of Rebels stumble onto this weapons system and fire them.

Don't know who did it...I know who did not.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

A further clip from the mashable article:

"We did warn you — do not fly in our sky," he wrote.

Thinking it was a Ukrainian transport plane, Strelkov added that “a plane has just been downed somewhere around Torez, it lays there behind the 'Progress' mine,” referring to the mining town of some 80,000 people.

“And here is the video proving another 'bird' falling down,” he continued. “The bird went down behind a slagheap, not in a residential district. So no peaceful people were injured,” Strelkov wrote, adding that there is also information about a Ukrainian military plane shot down.

However, Strelkov deleted the post when he found out it was actually a commercial jetliner carrying 295 innocent people — not a military aircraft.

Your position is that there is some evidence that the Russian backed separatists shot it down, no evidence that the US or NATO did, and the correct conclusion is the US/NATO shot it down?

It may be that it was shot down by the US/CIA/France/Germany/or the Westboro Baptist Church. But how you can reach that conclusion is beyond me. I respect your beliefs, but I don't follow the logic in your argument.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Actually they're reasonably simple to operate and fire with a bare minimum of training. Russian instructors could easily have provided ample instruction to aim and fire.

They may not have been able to provide enough instruction on how to differentiate between a military transport and a civilian airliner however...

And remember some of the Seperatists are trained military.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere
a reply to: nighthawk1954

Regardless of what this guy posted on the "Russian equivalent of facebook", I am more inclined to believe that it was the new EU/NATO/US installed government.

This new government is merciless.

Wasnt that long ago when the EU backed protests forced the previous government to step down. That government was not violent.

This new Western backed regime has a bloodlust thats off the charts.

Well now...that was rectally sourced! Personally, I'm content to let the facts emerge. Step One would appear to be a confession.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Who has a motive to do this?

1. Russia, because it wants the NATO powers to become more involved in the conflict, thereby reducing its chances of annexing part of Ukraine?

2. Russian-backed sepraratists, because they want the NATO powers to become more involved in the conflict, thereby reducing their chances of successfully separating from Ukraine?

3. Ukraine, because it wants the NATO powers to become more involved in the conflict, thereby receiving increased aid in its struggle with Russia?

4. The United States and NATO, because it wants the NATO powers to have a justification (indeed, a moral necessity) for becoming more involved in the Russia-Ukraine conflict, thereby weakening Russia, increasing European security and making big bucks for the War Industry?

I lean toward 3 or 4.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: peanutbuddha

How about #5? A less than superbly trained group of separatists mistake a civilian plane for a military plane. Buoyed by their past successes at knocking down military planes, they cut loose. A little while later they realize what they have done, take their brag off the net, and set up a ring of soldiers around the crash site refusing to let anybody in?

"Never ascribe to malice that which can be explained by stupidity." Robert Heinlein. (Who, I believe, didn't understand the existence of evil in the world.)
edit on 17-7-2014 by charles1952 because: Add a bit.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Don't fly in a war zone. Sometimes you take chances and you survive and can boast. Sometimes you steer the plot of political intrigue. Sometimes you just die.

Don't know why that plane thought this was a good idea but if I was flying a plane full of clueless passengers I think I'd avoid a war zone and try to keep em alive. Just my thoughts on the matter. Somebody was playing Russian roulette (pun here) and lost. If people's apathy has not been brutalized enough it'll gain traction as bad Russia, good West.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: charles1952
a reply to: peanutbuddha

How about #5? A less than superbly trained group of separatists mistake a civilian plane for a military plane.

I agree. My first thought was bumpkins with big guns.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: charles1952

So according to you and John McCain and Westren News Media IT WAS RUSSIA There for Russia Will Must Pay in Blood, I welcome to any War Hawks to lead that charge.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agent_USA_Supporter

So according to you and John McCain and Westren News Media IT WAS RUSSIA There for Russia Will Must Pay in Blood, I welcome to any War Hawks to lead that charge.

Oh, and apparently I'm the only one who has an opinion on the subject. Evidence appears to point to Russian thugs. Just because it does, doesn't mean it's wrong. Sometimes life isn't a false flag.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   

lol, westboro baptist church...there's a name i (thankfully) haven't heard in a while....

but hey, why not WBC? people who fly over war zones are fags, and god hates fags, AMIRITE?

i mean, for all we know, it could be the flying spaghetti monster that did the deed...or maybe bigfoot, with a stinger missile....or colonel mustard, in the study, with the candlestick....

i have a feeling this is one of those topics we're gonna be talking about for a LONG time...kinda like the LAST MH flight that went down....

in case there's ANY doubt, or question...the majority of the above post was to be sarcastic, and satirical.
edit on 7-18-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Agent_USA_Supporter

Dear Agent_USA_Supporter,

In the immortal words of somebody or other, "You talkin' to me?"

I don't know whose post you referring to, but I thought it was the separatists, thinking they were Sergeant Rock, but it turned out they were Private Beetle Bailey.

And no, I didn't call for military force against Russia.

Could it be that you simply see my icon, and proceed to lose it?

With respect,
Charles1952

P.s When JohnnyCanuck and I agree on something, you and everyone else should treat it seriously. - C -

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
We already know governments can post from twitter accounts and hijack online personas.
..And hackers.

This needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

Downing a civilian plane of a non-involved nation in a geopolitical war zone. Give these guys more credit that would be suicide.

And assuming this is Russian responsibility do you really think that someone who is willing to kill in the name of a flag they want to defend would be noble enough to admit the fault of that flag? It's just too convenient for the ruling global banksters.
edit on 2014 by BlubberyConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Many of these pro-Russian separatists are veterans of the military of Russia or the USSR.

You take 20,000 Russian military veterans and you almost can bet there are at least a couple of them that trained on the SA-11 system.
The SA-11 system is one of the top line air defense weapons systems used to protect Russia and was used to protect the old USSR.
Unlike the US Russia has active air defense units all over there country.

You could take 20,000 US marine veterans and i will bet that you will find someone that can use every weapons system that the marines have used since WW2.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
RUSSIANs are NOT ignorant people I DO NOT buy this story at all.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

I wonder why you think anyone is suggesting that the Russians are ignorant? I'm suggesting that the separatists made a mistake in plane identification. Surely, that's possible.

I see it as more likely than the Russians intentionally shooting it down in an attempt to frame Ukraine.

And, much more likely than it being a fake plane stuffed with dead bodies that arranged with someone to be shot down. Actually, that one's almost completely unbelievable.

top topics

join