It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tim Hortons concept store: coffee-flavoured beer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Tim Hortons concept store: coffee-flavoured beer, digital menus

If a pint of coffee-flavoured beer gets you salivating, then Tim Hortons has a few other ideas that could change how you think about the restaurant chain.

Executives have lifted the curtain on a new concept store, buried deep inside the Metro Toronto Convention Centre, as part of an invite-only convention this week for store owners and suppliers that is essentially a visual brainstorming session.

The full-scale model offered the clearest idea yet of where Tim Hortons is headed and how it thinks Canadian tastes will
evolve, including expecting more than just coffee, doughnuts and sandwiches.

"It's not your dad's Tim Hortons, so to speak," said chief operating officer David Clanachan as he looked around the store.

"Our franchise partners are all going to be here. We want them to think outside the box, along with us, to say 'What if...' and 'What could we be?"'

Certainly there were plenty of ideas to chew on — some even controversial.
Coffee- and strawberry-flavoured beer

Consider the beer taps that pour brews inspired by Tim Hortons' trademark coffee flavour — and a strawberry lager for the sweeter tooths. Or how about a unisex washroom that centres around a communal sink.

And there's even a conceptual design for a new Tim Hortons logo that's features only a bright red coffee bean.

Some of the ideas will never see the light of day, Clanachan admits, while others are certain to land inside your neighbourhood stores only years from now.

Tim Hortons first showcased digital menu boards at its previous model store concept seven years ago and only recently have they become part of the store design.

Wow...really....this is very sad & pathetic. Booze in Timmies

It's bad enough kids are allowed to be in pubs now and booze is now sold in grocery stores in Canada but now they want this.
Load the family up into the van & drive down to Timmies, kids can have hot chocolate & doughnuts while the parents have booze.

After hearing about this & the other topic I just created about microchip birth control, really makes me wonder what kind of a world the future will be like.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: knoledgeispower

I am outraged!

I mean, really? Coffee flavored beer? What kind of nectar from hell is that, anyway? Ill add this to the list with Justin Beiber and Bryan Adams, you crazy Canadians!

On a side note, the outrage over the decay of moral turpitude is unneeded. The world will continue to spin. And there are dozens other harbingers of hell on earth besides beer at Tim Hortons. Even if it is a travesty known as "coffee flavored beer".

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
The booze is dumb but the unisex washrooms is worse! Why should we gals start sharing our zones with men just because this world has people who have gender issues???

Well anyways I don't go to Tim's. The coffee isn't good.
They must have a brilliant marketing scheme to get people so addicted to this crap.

It's the most unhygienic place. It's high time the health dept or CDC went after them
Donuts out, covered in flies.

All these truck drivers being able to bring in their filthy cups ( they are NEVER washed out) up to the counter where they can get filled. I cannot imagine how many germs these filthy cups and flasks are harbouring. The coffee splashes up back into the pot, not to mention the steam sending it into the pot, and the girls ( if you can call them that) touching than, then touching the pots. It's filthy. You cannot take your used plate back up to the
Buffet table in a public restaurant . You must get a new plate.

The workers are grumpy, a sure sign they are mistreated.

I can't even stand it being called Timmy's , like Timmy is our kid brother. All this double double, triple triple. Baby talk. Their commercials are lame.

The one in our town is where all the losers hang out. It's a loser hangout place. They go there every morning.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

I am outraged!

I mean, really? Coffee flavored beer? What kind of nectar from hell is that, anyway? Ill add this to the list with Justin Beiber and Bryan Adams, you crazy Canadians!

On a side note, the outrage over the decay of moral turpitude is unneeded. The world will continue to spin. And there are dozens other harbingers of hell on earth besides beer at Tim Hortons. Even if it is a travesty known as "coffee flavored beer".

What is wrong with Byran Adams? Beiber is a disgrace to Canada

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   

I was being cheeky. Music is a "personal taste" thing, so you can criticize any musician.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Would bacon flavored coffee work? I suppose it might have to be Canadian bacon flavored coffee for their sites north of the border.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: charles1952
Would bacon flavored coffee work? I suppose it might have to be Canadian bacon flavored coffee for their sites north of the border.

meh Canadian bacon will probably be bacon from the States now that the food trade is happening between Canada & the U.S. We had to lower our food standards in order to allow for U.S "food" to be sold in Canada. Another way U.S is destroying Canada, way to go Harper.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

I was being cheeky. Music is a "personal taste" thing, so you can criticize any musician.

These days you can't be sure how people feel about musicians. You may not be able to criticize the musician cause their music is different than what you like but you sure as heck can criticize them for bad behavior and Beiber falls under that categor

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   

They been watching too much reruns of The Drew Carey show

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I'm a bartender... and uh... there is already coffee flavored beer. Well it's actually called "java" but anyhow, Atwater makes vanilla java beer. And yes, it's gross. There is also a micro brewery in the area here that makes a java flavored beer, also gross. Redds, known for their apple ale, makes a strawberry ale as well, so this guys ideas are nothing new.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Meh... doesn't interest my taste buds at all.

Don't mess with our beer, dammit !

... However, if someone could come up with beer flavoured coffee, THEN we'd have somethin' to about.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Sacriledge !!!!! what an abomination ...

It should be a capitol crime to destroy beer by combining it with other things .. wheres the beer police when you need them ?

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   
you get lots of flavoured beers in Europe...

Raspberry and Strawberry that i have had,

also not long ago i had a few espresso flavoured beers and a chocolate flavoured beer too..

in most cases these arnt lagers but actual real beers or stouts

i dont think the concept is anything new?

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Drew Carey had the idea in the late 1990's.

In addition to his day job, Drew, along with Oswald, Lewis, and Kate (and from around Season 5 onwards, Mimi), runs a small business out of his garage, selling Buzz Beer, a concoction of beer and coffee. It becomes extremely popular in the region and is sold at the group's hangout, The Warsaw Tavern.

Wikipedia: The Drew Carey Show

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I'd certainly try coffee flavored beer.

I don't really care for the taste of beer anymore, but something like that I might pick up a 6 pack of once and a while. The problem with all of the flavored beers though is almost all of them are only good for 2 bottles and then you get gut rot.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
This is either a conspiracy to get people used to flavour of beer so they can booze it up later or get people to use the can right away after drinking coffee beer....I don't think this will debut well for TH

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Not a new thing at all here in the UK I sold real ale with coffee in from many small brewery's not my cup of tea....I like Tea flavoured beer

Chocolate Beer is wonderful but one called Black Mass is amazing the brewer adds around 6 bottles of port to a 9 gallon barrel.
Plus it gets stronger everyday

Oh and don't slag off beer just because some can't handle it and do stupid things it doesn't mean people can't enjoy a beer get a buzz and be decent human beings.
Without beer millions would have died.
edit on 18-7-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join