It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prank Caller Destroys MSNBC’s ‘The Cycle’

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Okay I will look for it. Last time I watched Howard Stern was when George Takei was on there. Never actually even heard of Takei but thought it was the funniest mix. Then again, most Howard Stern interviews are pretty good.

Also, you did just recently add the tin foil correct?

My eyes aren't deceiving me?

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: thishereguy

I saw this earlier and LMAO

They said she's not really an anchor to top it off, just a commentator

But guess this, they already have it updated/posted in Wiki...
Under 'Political Commentator'

On July 17, 2014, Ball spoke live on the air on MSNBC with a prank caller pretending to be Staff Sergeant Michael Boyd who witnessed the Malaysia Air crash in Ukraine. The caller first said he saw a flying projectile outside his window and then came to the conclusion that the jet had been shot down "by a blast of wind from Howard Stern's ass". He proceeded to call Ball a "dumbass" after she went on oblivious to the first response, asking what he knew about the missile based on his "military training", before the call was disconnected.

en.wikipedia.org...

Now THAT is funny!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 05:13 AM
link   
careful OP, someone could choke on a pretzel reading this

..if only Tony Clifton was still with us

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Mornin',

That's not funny.
It's actually pretty sad.
I know if I'd lost loved ones in a crashed plane, the last thing I'd want to hear is some prankster taking advantage of the tragedy to have a few yuks at other people's expense in a time of great sorrow.
What is wrong with some of you?

-Peace-

edit on 18-7-2014 by Eryiedes because: Typo

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: OrphanApology
Okay I will look for it. Last time I watched Howard Stern was when George Takei was on there. Never actually even heard of Takei but thought it was the funniest mix. Then again, most Howard Stern interviews are pretty good.

Yes, George 'Oh My' Takei. Nothing better then when they chop up his audio book and use it for phony phone call. Only thing that comes close is when George is guesting in the studio all week and one of the interviewees is Shatner. It's really obvious they despise each other.

Also, you did just recently add the tin foil correct?
My eyes aren't deceiving me?

Always been there.

Just kidding, I had someone add it after the Weird Al video.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

it's about a reporter who got fired for saying that phrase when he wasn't supposed to be on air and got fired then made a whole FHRITP website and became sorta popular. so, it's not just about the phrase itself... it's a thing. kinda.

here. mods just edit the link out if this is not allowed here. it contains one bad word so as far as I know that's fine...
fhritp.wordpress.com...

ETA- It would've been Kinda funny if the prank caller had said that, but since most people don't know what it is it would seem unnecessarily over the top vulgar.. but then more people would find out what it means and where it comes from...

here's an example of it being used in a prank, just to show how it's become a "thing"

m.youtube.com...
edit on 7/18/2014 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470
Gotcha.

Seems to be just a more dirty version of yelling 'Bababooey'.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Eryiedes

I hear what you are saying. It was a terrible thing (the plane being shot down).

But I personally don't feel guilty for having a laugh, I needed it. Yesterday was my 5 year wedding anniversary, and after watching the crash play out, I really needed something to get me back on track and smiling again before we went out for dinner.
Point being,
That prank phone call helped to re-elevate my mood.

No guilt over it. If people can find humor and feel better,
I think that is great,
especially in the midst of this kind of tragedy.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: thishereguy

Sounds like the work of Captain Janks.

Love that guy.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I didn't really find this funny.
I'm kinda torn actually.
On the one hand, I think it was rather immature. On the other hand, I feel like he could have taken it so much further--the joke was lost as soon as he insulted her.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eryiedes
Mornin',

That's not funny.
It's actually pretty sad.
I know if I'd lost loved ones in a crashed plane, the last thing I'd want to hear is some prankster taking advantage of the tragedy to have a few yuks at other people's expense in a time of great sorrow.
What is wrong with some of you?

-Peace-

You seem fun

top topics

<< 1   >>

join