It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious artifacts found in the Burrow's Cave decades ago in ILLINOIS. Is it a HOAX?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Im wondering if you guys have heard of it and know its location? I live in illinois and was seriously considering hiking and finding this cave. I mean, obviously modern historian would completely disclaim this find because its so out of this world but you know what, you may never know.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
It seems its most likely a hoax.

Burrows says he discovered the cave while hiking in 1982, and that it contained numerous archaeological artifacts, including carvings, coins, and other artifacts. Many of the purported artifacts are said to have inscriptions in various ancient languages such as Egyptian, Ancient Greek, etc., but the inscriptions are generally meaningless. Burrows claims that the cave is a tomb holding the artifacts and remains of 13 crypts.

To date, nobody outside Burrows' immediate circle has claimed to have been inside the caves, and many of the claimed artifacts have been revealed as forgeries. The cave and its artifacts are widely considered to be a hoax or fraud, [1][2] [3][4] even among proponents of other pseudoarchaeological theories such as Barry Fell.[5] The idea has gained some traction within proponents of Mormon archaeology [6] and hyperdiffusionism theorists such as Frank Collin (writing as Frank Joseph

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Could be a hoax, could be part hoax with some of them being originals, could also be that someone brought them over here when they moved here two hundred years ago and kept them in the cave for safe keeping. Even if they are a hoax, the authors of the hoax could be long gone. They could have been copying things onto rocks two hundred years ago.

There are a lot of options here, not just real or hoax.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Of ourse all he would have to do to prove it wasnt a hoax is tell people were the cave was and let experts check it.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
One things for sure, there's plenty of evidence that it'll be declared a hoax if it doesn't fit in with conventional thinking.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: PhoenixOD

Maybe the cave is not where he leads people to believe it is....He may not have had permission to take those from the real land owner.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

True but hes not saying thats the case.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Would you tell if you were stealing and selling artifacts from someone's land?

Didn't think so.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk
One things for sure, there's plenty of evidence that it'll be declared a hoax if it doesn't fit in with conventional thinking.

Iguess we would have to find out just why the items have been called fakes by the experts. I dont belive people would call them fakes just because they thought it doesnt fit in with conventional thinking (what ever that means). archeologists are always looking for the find of the century.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

Would you tell if you were stealing and selling artifacts from someone's land?

Didn't think so.

well i dont think it matters if he isnt saying where he found them lol. who could complain?

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhoenixOD

originally posted by: VoidHawk

Iguess we would have to find out just why the items have been called fakes by the experts. I dont belive people would call them fakes just because they thought it doesnt fit in with conventional thinking (what ever that means). archeologists are always looking for the find of the century.

When you get time watch this, its very interesting!

This is the story of the shocking events that occurred, told first-hand by many of the actual participants. It reveals how one field of science can conflict with another and how new discoveries must battle evidence vs. belief, exposing what some have called "the dark side of archaeology."

Full url if the above doesn't embed LINK

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

Thanks i will watch it laters.

Though i notice its UFO TV which isnt really known for producing quality stuff lol. Still ill give it a once over.

edit on 17-7-2014 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Apparently burrows isnt saying where the site is because he thinks the authorities will "steal" the $60 million in gold he claimed was concealed in the cave.

To date, Russell Burrows is apparently the only person who has actually been inside the alleged cave. No one else has been allowed into it or given its location. The shadowy landowner's name is still unknown though many have guessed at his identity. Some people have been taken to a wooded area and told that the cave is nearby; at least one was shown an overhanging rock ledge purported to be close to the cave's mouth, but none have ever been inside the actual cave. The only evidence of its existence is Russell Burrows' testimony to that effect.

Apparently one of Burrows' excuses for not taking people into the cave itself is that "Illinois has taken over the cave, and refused to to let me dig anymore, or I have to ask their permission to take anyone to see the cave without an appointment (of course when he is asked, he tells those asking, that the request was denied, as there is such tight security and personnel involvement to allow visitors)." (Benedict, 1992). This contradicts a letter from the Illinois State Archaeologists' Office, which stated that no one ever attempted to register the site.

www.criticalenquiry.org...

edit on 17-7-2014 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhoenixOD
a reply to: VoidHawk

Thanks i will watch it laters.

Though i notice its UFO TV which isnt really known for producing quality stuff lol. Still ill give it a once over.

A lot of good vids have been swallowed up by UFO TV....unfortunately! And I think a lot of them no-longer get viewed because when people see "UFO" they automatically think it belongs in the loony bin.

Give it a watch, it wasn't made by ufo tv.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
It sounds just like a story that came from 1882, not 1982.

Screams hoax to me.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   

well....its true...if they find it....they will take control of it.....

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: 5letters

well....its true...if they find it....they will take control of it.....

which would be a bad thing because..?

One min hes saying he wont say where they are because they authorities will steal the gold (that no one has seen) and then he is saying they have already taken over the cave and wont let him dig.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: 5letters

On the West Bank of Skillet Fork, Ohio near Cave-in Rock....thats all I found...follow those two leads

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   
heres some more leading info....
" Located on a rock cliff in the National Park forest of the Hunter Valley"

Ill keep searching for you

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
**** Pictures and more info at link:

www.egyptsearch.com...
edit on 09-22-2013 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

new topics

<<   2 >>

join