It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wife wants a jeep--- So do I--- Only we have very different ideas about which one to get!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I went out to get a pizza one time and came back with a UTV. lol

I have no advice as my advice may get you divorced, so get luck with that whole mess.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

Yeah, yeah---Your Soooo Right--- I just go get what I 'The man' wants--- and while I'm at it I can buy a camp trailer too----
because that'll be more comfy than sleeping in the dog house...

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
As a woman,

If a man is driving the one in the first pic, it tells me he is comfortable in his masculinity. He has nothing to prove. Every one knows he is a mans man.

The second one tells me he gets a kick out of blinding other drivers on the road.

The third. He is a well rounded individual.

The fourth screams problems in the bedroom. Sorry about the ED man.

The fifth does not scream out of my way it screams "Break Check!"

I have to say I would love the one Orphanapology posted for myself.

The 6th has that nice romantic touch. as if he is saying "I need this vehicle because I am really a softy on the inside."

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: calstorm

Do all women really think this hard about what a guy is driving? sheesh... The good thing is, when you're married you don't have to worry about life changing decision on your own anymore!

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: HardCorps
a reply to: TDawgRex

Yeah, yeah---Your Soooo Right--- I just go get what I 'The man' wants--- and while I'm at it I can buy a camp trailer too----
because that'll be more comfy than sleeping in the dog house...

Don't listen to me. I'm still single. LOL

But thinking upon it, if she wants her "Pink Jeep", make sure that it comes with a cost. A "Ultimate Man-Cave" or something like that.

Or better yet, take it out four wheelin' and get it scratched and dinged it up a bit. Then show her the bill to get it repainted, and wink at her and say, "See! I told ya Black was better." (OK, if you go with that advice, yes, pick up a camper as well.)

Good Luck!

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Just bought a Jeep about 2 weeks ago. It's an old 97 Wrangler. Never had any desire to ever own one until I drove one the weekend of the 4th. Found one I liked on Craigslist and bought it that following Monday. Have had a blast ever since. I don't plan to do much mudding or rock climbing but more for the cruise. The kids love it.
#1 rule is to always wave to other Jeepers. Didn't realize they had this wave thing down. They should start a Jeep section on here, lol. I'll upload a photo here.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Just buy an old Willies and paint it pink. Those old jeeps really fly, or actually you feel like your flying even though you are only doing thirty five.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: HardCorps

I want a Jeep too but never gonna be a pink one.

Good luck in what you choose.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Get the black one .. then to humour the wife and daughters get hello kitty with a machinegun painted on the doors ..

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: jheated5

Not really, at least I don't normally, just the opposite in fact. Just a weird sense of humor that this thread provoked. Same reason I call certain sports cars Play-doh cars, most people don't get what I am talking about, and it really has nothing to do with the car it's self, but the driver.

In essence, sense my post seems to be lost on people, I'll chalk it up to being an inside joke.

At least my husband gets it.
edit on 18-7-2014 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
Get the black one .. then to humour the wife and daughters get hello kitty with a machinegun painted on the doors ..

Hmmmm
That's actually a brilliant idea!
(logging for future personal use)

Once you enter the Jeep world, you then find yourself a member of the Jeep community and eventually Jeep forums, then ultimately, yes, you do "the wave" at other Jeepsters you pass on the road.
I'm running Toyota Tacoma right now and find myself on the Taco forums and it's similar to becoming part of the Jeep community. I've been in both and like both.

I almost had a 50's Willies that was in good shape but the guy sold it out from under me

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Fylgje

Hey now...
I just happen to be well known for my 'Toy'

problem is I need seating for 4 nowadays... 6 if we count the dogs!

Don't worry My oldest daughter, still six years short of having a drivers lic. has already called dib's on daddy's old truck.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: HardCorps

That's sweet. I have an '01 extra cab. My little boys fit now but they won't in 4-5 years or sooner. I hate to get rid of it. It's like brand new.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join