It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wife wants a jeep--- So do I--- Only we have very different ideas about which one to get!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Since we moved back to Colorado the wife and I both want to get a new jeep so we can visit some of the hard to reach places in our state.

Sooo with us both agreed on model the trouble comes in when we get to color and options..
you see she thinks it should be pink !

My daughters think it should be even Pinker!

and of course the wife wants family friendly

but I'm thinking if we're gonna get a jeep then lets get a manly man jeep!

something that screams "OUT OF MY WAY"

No chrome trim for me man I want black on black!

Needless to say we're rather far apart on what we each envision for this jeep....

So I'm thinking if we compromise--- she gets a little of what she wants--- I get a little of what I want...
we should end up with something that looks like this

BTW you know we'll probably end up buying a mini van right?
Sighs....
edit on 17-7-2014 by HardCorps because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: HardCorps

As a man, you have the right to demand whatever you want and get it also!

If you want a jeep with bacon trim and a keg tap installed in the dash, then you should get that.

No woman can make these kind of technical, difficult decisions. Their brains are way too small for that.

*grunt*

(After saying this, of course I now return to do the dishes and a little dusting for my bride
)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Lets be honest here, you're contending with your wife and daughters (losing battle hehe) you'll be cruising around in that pink jeep in no time... You know it, I know it and anyone who has to make these kinds of decisions know it

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Honestly, a 'manly' man jeep isn't all that practical for everyday use anyways.

My brother and law compromised with my sister - his wife - by getting a full sized four door jeep, making it rather family friendly, he got weather proof mats, the soft top option, manual, aftermarket bumpers, etc but he also got a set of off road tires and beefed up the suspension a little so he can easily just switch the tires over for a day or so and go for a country drive, and during winter months those tires come in handy as well. And with all the upgrades he did, it's still family friendly, but much more safe as well.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: jheated5

Maybe not...
Last year she bought a new Ford Fusion with no input from me whatsoever...

her car so I let her get what she wanted....

Granted the Jeep would be more of a family car... But I'll end up with it as my daily driver...
Seems to me that gives me more stroke....

In my dreams

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
A happy wife is a happy life!

Go for the pink one and accessorize the hell out of it!

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Ya know I've been hanging out in some of the jeep owner groups to get a feel for what's-what...

anyway something you said about upgrades seem to be strongly suggested for new jeep owners esp suspension and steering upgrades... as in saying the factory stoke equipment is crap...

You think with so much feed back like that from owners MOPAR would do something... But I guess they make to much extra money with all that after market acc deal...

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
You are lucky she didn't ask for those eyelashes women put above the headlights of their vehicles... Consider yourself lucky, and go for the less pink one... lol

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

I personally have a Rubicon black on black

Lifted with 35's under it

since I used to be stationed there in Colo I would recommend the Rubicon lower gear ratio with a manual trans

I have NEVER been stuck and the thing climbs like a billy goat

Good luck

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: jrflipjr

Ahaaaaa It burns it burns.... Get it away from me....

Don't you know I'm allergic to pink !

It makes me break out in cynicism and vitriol....all over man...

the doctor said the only cure for that is "NO PINK JEEPS"!!!

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Although Matte finishes look awesome, they have a tendency to blotch and fade.

Why not just go with an in between?

Like this one right here:

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: tow69

All kidding aside... with us living on the west side of the state were looking at the Willys Wheeler package...

comes with most of the goodies we want for a trip out to Moab or up to Wolf Creek

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: OrphanApology

Now that I like...

I've never been big on chrome ... Makes me think of a pimps truck ya know...

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I have a Cherokee that is pretty basic. It is really fun to drive.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Yeah not to mention they tend to scream "Pull me over!".

I like the silver with subtle black wheels. Still has that mean machine feel to it without seeming like you're compensating for something.

That's what I like about the Matte finishes as well but like I said, they tend to blotch and fade and you have to upkeep them constantly. More trouble than it's worth unless you're into the neo-greaser scene with hot rods.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I know some bunny who is crusin for a brusin.
Not that I need my jeep to be Malibu Barbie pink or anything. It's a nice metallic blue, I also don't need it to look like an armed vehicle either. Compromise is the name of the game especially if you both will drive it. m reply to: beezzer

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

Up until last year my wife drove an old wagoner...
she loved that old jeep
looked like this one

but her daily commute is like 85 miles a day... and that old jeep """" gas guzzler """" had to go...

edit on 17-7-2014 by HardCorps because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657. Compromise is the name of the game especially if you both will drive it. m reply to: beezzer

Now I ask you... Do I come into your threads and poo-poo all over your dreams???

JK... So far all we've decided is to wait until the 2015 models come out... mostly so we can get a big discount on a 2014 one ...

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I like the manly one myself, what guy wouldn't. But sorry to say you need a compromise. Pink would be to crazy for me too. Best bet would be a basic color white, tan or gray. No one gets what they want but everyone is comfortable with the decision.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

I can't believe that nobody has said it yet man. You screwed up just by asking her.

But once you had agreed to get a jeep, you, and you alone should have just went out and bought it and drove it home. The one YOU want.

It's always better to ask for forgiveness than permission. (OK, I know, a wife never forgives nor forgets), but you'd have your Jeep at least as a consolation prize.
edit on 17-7-2014 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join