It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Executive Order 13662: Obama uses his pen to ban AK47's

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: PraetorianAZ

Didn't bother to read the Executive Order before posting is a sure way to cause a lot of un-necessary confusion.

Under the new sanctions, Americans who own a Kalashnikov Concern product, like an AK-47, that was “bought and fully paid for prior to the date of designation (i.e., no payment remains due to Kalashnikov Concern), then that product is not blocked and OFAC sanctions would not prohibit the U.S. person from keeping or selling the product in the secondary market, so long as Kalashnikov Concern has no interest in the transaction.

However, individuals and companies can no longer order products directly from Kalashnikov Concern or from other sellers in which the Russian firm has an “interest.” Further, Americans who own a Kalashnikov Concern product that has not been fully paid for are advised to contact the U.S. Office of Foreign Assets Control for more information.

I have found that a little correct communication goes a long way toward clear understanding.
edit on 17-7-2014 by teamcommander because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

I would ban the import of all Russian Guns......

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: coastlinekid
An AK-47 is a SEMI AUTOMATIC RIFLE...another lie from Obummer...

What is the lie???
He isn't taking your guns, he is just saying you can't buy ones that are imported from russia. It is a sanction.....

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
The AK 47 is a superior firearm of superior quality and design. Its a shame we wil have to rely on knock offs. I had considered getting one for my son when he graduates high school

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
So having an SKS is till cool? NOT !
SKS, a crappy version of the AK is jst that. Crap. AK good gun for folks that can't read! I prefer my little FN/FAL in .308. Sounds great, looks cooler !

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ExPostFacto

the article states "The criminalization of an entire line of foreign manufactured firearms is possible under “national emergency powers” and there is no appeal process."

Funny how laws start out as minor, insignificant things, then later get added to and tweeked. May be noting, may be the first step......

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Most Americans are barely scraping by as is and since he cant ban the guns he will just make them so expensive people cant afford them anymore.

If a person is really barely scraping by then shouldn't they worry more about keeping a roof over their heads and food on the table instead of going out and buying a imported weapon?

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Shh, your gonna let out the secret that Obama owns stock in gun manufacturing companies!

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: HauntWok

Shh, your gonna let out the secret that Obama owns stock in gun manufacturing companies!

Of course he did. If i were running guns internationally, I likely would do the same.

I bet he has stock in insurance companies, too.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: chrismarco

I would ban the import of all Russian Guns......

No.

People wanna buy that junk they should be able to.

I'd rather support American manufactures.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: HauntWok

Yeah well he sure doesn't have problems giving them to drug cartels, and terrorist regimes in the ME now does he?

But noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Arms in our hands are 'bad' ! ! ! ! ! !

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

He is imposing sanctions against Russia. Those sanctions include banning the importation of firearms.

He didn't exactly ban AKs, just to ban AKs.

But, I am sure that he is just as happy with the outcome, as he would if banning firearms all together.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus 13
Its a highly glorified weapon on the AMERICAN streets so any attempt to do something may save some lives...

Seriously???

He is not doing anything to "save lives".

If he bans firearms, it is to exert control.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Siagas are manufactured in the same plant that the original AKs were made in. Same tooling, same everything except in a "sporting" configuration.

I owned a Saiga chambered in 308. Converted it and it was awesome.

link   
a reply to: neo96

It's good ge isn't taking any guns then right?
Just making you buy American which you are all for.

link   
a reply to: macman

Ask them to name the last 'mass shooting' using an 'ak'.

They would be hard pressed to answer.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

It's good ge isn't taking any guns then right?
Just making you buy American which you are all for.

Sorry that was free market in action.

People get to choose what they own.

They don't get dictated to on what they can own.

What they use to call 'liberalism' in the classical definition.

IE. FREEDOM.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Oh, I know this one................it is the shooting at..................................um........................Wait wait wait, it is...................................

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Oh look obamas not banning aks, just the importation of russian weapons, is reading comprehension not learned in schools in the usa.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
Why is a person complaining about infringed American rights because they can't buy a foreign made weapon? Buy American!!!

You want Serbian when it comes to AK's.

Obama just wants to ban certain imports. There's already a lot of AK's here, though. But either way, this is in violation of the US Constitution and no American should stand for it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join