It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Executive Order 13662: Obama uses his pen to ban AK47's

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Tried to do a search and nothing came up so I hope im not double posting. But Obama in all his wisdom has decided to ban the AK 47 here in the US. I didn’t realize the 2nd Amendment stating "shall not be infringed" could be infringed. And don't complain about the sources.

www.infowars.com...

www.dcclothesline.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Dang, I knew I should have gotten one last year!

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: PraetorianAZ

The article says its banning the importation of the popular AK line of firearms manufactured by Kalashnikov Concern in Izhmash, Russia. Also the importation of some Russian shot guns and rifles. Is that the same as saying he has banned them?

edit on 17-7-2014 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
don't complain about the sources???....then I'll just say the sources are lying to you.

how about this..."all republican congressmen want to take away your social security", said the red communist gazette....but, don't complain about the source.
edit on 17-7-2014 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Plenty of other people out there who make AK clones and this ban does not affect them in the least. Maybe even some new businesses will pop up making the parts here at home.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I am not seeing anything about a ban. Could you point it out to us? I think the Ak clone makers will be very happy to hear this. For that matter, there are many U.S. based ak cloners that will be dancing in the hall over this.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Why is a person complaining about infringed American rights because they can't buy a foreign made weapon? Buy American!!!

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Careful believing everything you read. Read the Executive Order yourself, and then determine if this is actually what it says. Even the article states "The criminalization of an entire line of foreign manufactured firearms is possible under “national emergency powers” and there is no appeal process.", but notice that it does not say this is what actually is planned or occurring.

www.whitehouse.gov...

There are many people that have an agenda, even those that you might agree with. Sometimes those people spin the truth to see what they want to see. But, as to this article, I'll wait for more evidence. I consider it hype. And you know what they say: "Don't believe the hype!"
edit on 17-7-2014 by ExPostFacto because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Yeah you guys are right its a ban on the importation but i guarantee the ban on the importation is going to cause the price of them here in the States to go sky high. More so then they already are. Most Ak's made in the US are already super expensive its the imported ones that you can get at a reasonable price. But not anymore. I wouldnt doubt to see Ak prices over 1000 bucks now on the cheap side. Making it unafordable to the average Joe. Thats prob his plan all along. Since he cant ban guns outright without a fight hes just going to make them so unafordable nobody can buy them.
edit on 17-7-2014 by PraetorianAZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   

"It is now possible..." to ban an entire line of AK's, but notice that it does not say this is what actually is planned.

That sentence right there should concern people enough.
May not be banned now, but could be anytime. That would be bad for the US clone makers as well, correct?

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   

The ban is in line with the new sanctions against Russia over the situation in the Ukraine.

And NOT some plot against conservatives to take away your guns.

And btw the conspiracy isn't that Obama is taking away weapons. The conspiracy should be that we look into if Obama is profiting from threatening to ban weapons.

Weapon sales are through the roof. Follow the money.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I saw this earlier in the news.

He is not banning AK's he is only banning the importation of those weapons from Russian companies.

That is not the same as banning the sale of AK's to the American consumer although it is possible that it may in time lead to a reduction in the number of AK's sold in America.

But think about would you for example go out and buy a gun from a Israeli manufacture who then uses your hard earned cash to then provide more guns to the IDF to walk into Gaza and kill some kids?

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

This is just a sanction against Russia, stop trying to continue to make it more then it is with more conjecture and speculation. He doesn't raise the prices, the companies selling them do. Called supply and demand and it is the foundation of capitalism.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Thats exactly what he wants though. Ban the importation of a cheaper product and suddenly the price goes sky high here in America. Most Americans are barely scraping by as is and since he cant ban the guns he will just make them so expensive people cant afford them anymore. Its like ammo. Buy all the supply with your unlimited funds from the Fed reserve and drive the price of ammo so high people cant afford it anymore or even find it. We may not see Ak's off the streets but we will see the price increase. Prib other semi auto rifles as well.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Its a highly glorified weapon on the AMERICAN streets so any attempt to do something may save some lives...

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Well, not really. There are plenty of other sources for AK patterned rifles and pistols.

Though it is annoying and plenty stupid.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
It depends on how people define an 'AK-47''.

Since the ban of 1986 full auto ak's new ones that is have been 'banned'.

Any ak-47s that were already here were 'grandfathered' so to speak.

But still since they are full auto are subject to federal background checks, and waiting lists, and paying that famous $200 tax stamp.

Then a person be cleared by the Feds has to get cleared by local LEO.

Now what is currently being imported is the SEMI auto version.

That no one who knows a modicum about firearms would really call an 'AK'.

Semi and Full auto are different 'animals'.

Intentionally misleading people is the current potus SOP.

And there is that pesky little fact that the number one thing used in 'gun violence' is the hand gun.

Not that made up term 'assault' weapon that no LEO or military service member would ever carry in to combat.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

And then when no one buys them the company drops the price again so people will. Pretty simple imo.
But i guess going at Obama is just more fun. If anyone is taking the guns off the street it is the companies selling them at a price people can't afford. That is not obamas doing, that is a business decision by the sellers to make more money

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I don't believe this for a second, it's useless to ban the AK-47 only, not that I want any gun banned. If he was going to ban the AK-47 then why stop there, there Is plenty of other high powered rifles that look scary lol, man I'm glad I own an AK and an AR. I bought my AK47 for $225, and my AR15 with a NATO 1:9 twist for $700, now that is easily doubled and will not be dropping g in price ever.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
An AK-47 is a SEMI AUTOMATIC RIFLE...another lie from Obummer...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join