It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coming to a School near you, The Koch Youth.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: BritofTexas

What sort of curriculum would you suggest for the children?

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex
Here's a great example of today's oh so steller education.

ok...so this guy got 8 young people out of thousands on the beach to say stupid answers...time to make BROAD, OVERLY SIMPLIFIED, OPINIONS ABOUT OUR EDUCATION SYSTEM....BillO at his best

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I hope everybody reads the link you posted in your OP from HuffPo. How anybody could object to this is beyond me.

'Cause god knows, our liberal dominated educational system is working soooo well, especially in the inner cities.~sarcasm~

Remember in 2009 all the little kids marching and praising Obama. Yeah, that's what we need....not

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
" Comming to a School near you, The Koch Youth "

ROFLOL

What a spelling gaffe !!!!

And It looks like the "Koch Plan" might be a little better than the endless student loan debt system generated by the ultra-Liberal systems that get richer than the Koch Brothers.

I guess Koch Industries *IS* a "person" after all !!

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

This style should get the kiddos interested in learning, it's hip, contemporary, good beat and carries the message.

perhaps the Koch bros could get these folks under contract as PR guys.

edit on 17-7-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Fylgje

"become contributing members of society"

There is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

We have too many takers, and not enough makers.

I guess sitting on the couch. Watching reality TV, and posting lives away on facebook, and getting that monthly stipend from that benevolent government is 'the way to be'.

That's no way to be. It supposed to be work hard for an honest days pay, but there's nothing honest about pay these days, but many continue to work hard.

And honestly, do you really think that all Americans watch reality TV, get a check from the gov AND have FB? hmm
edit on 17-7-2014 by Fylgje because: to add

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   

That is a question worthy of it's own Thread.

But here is something else causing a huge problem.

The curriculum plays down the role of Thomas Jefferson among the founding fathers, questions the separation of church and state, and claims that the U.S. government was infiltrated by Communists during the Cold War.

Historians speak out against proposed Texas textbook changes

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   

------------ Breaking News ------------

OP Misspells Word in Title.

ATS Posters get a Case of the Vapors.

OP Apologizes.

------------ Breaking News ------------

Sorry for the heinous spelling mistake.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

If I may offer a small suggestion. . . .

If all schools were concentrating on education; reading, writing, math, science, history, etc. .

And not on liberal/leftist agendas, then there would be no basis for a conservative attempt to address the education curriculum.

Leave politics, ideologies, political correctness, religion, OUT OF THE SCHOOLS!

Just . . . . (what's the term?). . . ummm. . . . . "educate".

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Leave politics, ideologies, political correctness, religion, OUT OF THE SCHOOLS!

On that we can agree.

As to any liberal/leftist agenda in schools. I'm sorry but I just don't see it. Maybe because I'm in Texas, so these are the only schools I have first hand knowledge of. There is already a religious right bent to the majority of them.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
The same kosh brothers who buy americain cheap, then sell for profit, Sending jobs overseas and closing shop in the good old USA. Thats awsome, well maybe for china.

Real american patriots.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
The same kosh brothers who buy americain cheap, then sell for profit, Sending jobs overseas and closing shop in the good old USA. Thats awsome, well maybe for china.

Real american patriots.

Except....

It is revealing to compare Charles and David Koch with the owners and managers of the New York Times Company. The Koch brothers employ a growing, highly-paid work force of 60,000 in the United States, around one-third of whom are unionized. Koch Industries enjoys excellent relationships with its unions. The New York Times Company, on the other hand, employs a shrinking, largely ill-paid work force, and is embroiled in a long-running feud with its unions.

Koch Industries Responds to New York Times Smears

Koch’s Georgia Pacific unit “has positive collective bargaining relationships with its unions,” Jon Geenen, international vice president of the United Steelworkers union, wrote in a blog post on the group’s website.

“The company’s workforce is highly unionized,” Geenen wrote. “It is not inaccurate to say these are among the best- paid manufacturing jobs in America.”

Koch Industries Wins Labor Praise for Collective Bargaining Role

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Well they have to do something, the youth doesn't support there ideology, so what better way to change this with good old fashioned fascist propaganda towards a captive audience....

Seriously I trust the youth growing up here today to see it for what it is. This is why the youth today already rejects republican, tea party and religious ideology.
edit on 17-7-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Are you claiming that the Kochs are Union friendly?

The Americans for Prosperity group, a Tea Party group that is a Koch Brothers front, has put up a website and petition called www.standwithwalker.com. The website attacks all collective bargaining – not just for public employees’ unions.

Forbes

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

I have seen them portrayed as pro union, pro environment. If Kansas and Wisconsin don't implode because of there idiotic pro tea party policy's already they will be in full decline by 2016, the next few election years should be interesting.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Remember, anything the left does is evil and will cause the complete destruction of our way of life unless we undermine that way of life first to save ourselves from it.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: theantediluvian

Wow. Listen to you spouting FASCIST propaganda slogans. Big fan of the Koch Method? What's with your worship of the wealthy?

Better than worshiping at the alter of statolatry like all progressives do.

People need to get over it.

Some people will always have more than others.

In the past 10,000 years of mankind that has NEVER changed.

Btw the way rob from the haves, and give to the have nots is FASCIST !

Are you writing the curriculum for the Koch brothers?

Are you insane? 10,000 years of the subjugation and exploitation of the masses by the powerful few and you don't think the super rich are the takers? The GDP goes up at the same time as unemployment? Income inequality is skyrocketing at an alarming rate? The super rich are piling additional billions on their massive fortunes — where does this come from? There's nobody robbing them.

Did you miss Nick Hanauer's op-ed in Politico?

You probably don’t know me, but like you I am one of those .01%ers, a proud and unapologetic capitalist. I have founded, co-founded and funded more than 30 companies across a range of industries—from itsy-bitsy ones like the night club I started in my 20s to giant ones like Amazon.com, for which I was the first nonfamily investor. Then I founded aQuantive, an Internet advertising company that was sold to Microsoft in 2007 for $6.4 billion. In cash. My friends and I own a bank. I tell you all this to demonstrate that in many ways I’m no different from you. Like you, I have a broad perspective on business and capitalism. And also like you, I have been rewarded obscenely for my success, with a life that the other 99.99 percent of Americans can’t even imagine. Multiple homes, my own plane, etc., etc. You know what I’m talking about.

If we don’t do something to fix the glaring inequities in this economy, the pitchforks are going to come for us. No society can sustain this kind of rising inequality. In fact, there is no example in human history where wealth accumulated like this and the pitchforks didn’t eventually come out. You show me a highly unequal society, and I will show you a police state. Or an uprising. There are no counterexamples. None. It’s not if, it’s when.

There's a man who understands the real lesson of history.

edit on 2014-7-17 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

I watched the vid, but all i saw was chicks in bikinis.

It was cool, ta

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Are you writing the curriculum for the Koch brothers?

No are you writing the curriculim for communists ?

Are you insane? 1

No I don't buy progressive ideology.

Here is a lesson in REAL LIFE:

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Still stuck with commies are taking over, oh and using john wayne must make it true. Kosh bothers are making out like criminals with putting people out of jobs and making millions, buying politicians. I thought thats what your againts.

True americain patriots right.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join