It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"We only Enforce the Laws not Make Them"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Next time I hear this, I'm calling bullsnap. I hear it way too often around here.

Burton criticized the new law as too vague and confusing to officers on the street, and he said those who must enforce it had little input into its creation.

LINK

Is it normal procedure for the police to have "input into its (a laws) creation"?

If so, then I say the old "we only enforce the laws" statement is nothing more than a lie.

edit on 17-7-2014 by HandyDandy because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-7-2014 by HandyDandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: HandyDandy

It's a damn lie. The fact is bacon makes law and executes sentences on the fly.
They welcome ambiguity in the law. It makes civil cases harder to win.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I really think there should be a school class on law.

We get 'taught' how to have responsible sex but not how to abide the laws. You cant leave it to the parents because they dont know either.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Biigs
I really think there should be a school class on law.

We get 'taught' how to have responsible sex but not how to abide the laws. You cant leave it to the parents because they dont know either.

I have had this argument for years. A judge will tell you, "Ignorance of the law is no excuse". However, try to represent yourself in a trial. You have to be accredited through the Bar Association. To do that you have to attend around 6 years of university education, with 2 of it being highly specialized..

If ignorance of the law is no excuse, then why can a sane man not represent himself without having an expert accreditation? If it is no excuse, then how is the average person to digest and understand the cumulative weight of 600,000 + laws?

It is all a fallacy. Smoke and mirrors.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

That sir, a damned fine collection of points.

Accountable for everything, knowledgeable about nothing and some how not responsible enough to defend ones self.

Hypocrisy 101.

top topics

join