It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Malaysian 777 Passenger Airline Shot Down Over Eastern Ukraine

page: 83
<< 80  81  82    84  85  86 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: DK0188
Interesting Air Malaysia shares were down 13 per cent yesterday and 36 per cent for the year so I dont think they are playing games maybe theres a 'ghost'ship?

edit on 18-7-2014 by khnum because: boo boo

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: scubagravy
a reply to: webstra

27 aussies on board too

But not one single Chinese national. Hmmm.

Chinese don't believe the 'Official' story of the disappearance of MH370 and are suspicious of Malaysia Airlines, which is likely the reason NONE were aboard MH17.

Meanwhile, these 27 Australians listened to their Prime Minister ASSURE the world MH370 was a tragic, fluke accident.

And now they're dead, along with another 9 Brits and a Canadian who might have also, trusted the Commonwealth leader.

It's no coincidence that one airline should lose two airliners in a row.

MH370 was targeted and so has been MH17.

That an elected Prime Minister would put his own people at risk like this is despicable and amoral.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Psynic

You mean like invading Ukraine and occupying Crimea... That type of danger?

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Very unfortunate, innocent people ending up in that fire zone. The first question is, why didn't the flight avoid the warzone? What else could expect one or the other side of the battlefield would do?

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Taking Russia's infamous anti-gay stance into consideration, it appears MH17 had many Aids activists aboard, en route to a conference in Australia. If this is in any way a factor as to why this plane was shot down, wow.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I havn't had time to read all the threads but here in Spain they're saying quite a lot of the worlds prominent experts on AIDS were aboard. That should set back the fight against a cure a good few years, and meanwhile keep big pharma businesses in government grants for a while longer.
edit on PM5Fri20141972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: JanAmosComenius
a reply to: dragonridr
Are you able to understand original? BTW this video was discredited many pages ago.

Um sure it was unfortunately to discredit something you have to present proof. And unfortunately threes no proof this conversation is anything but what Ukraine claims it is. And quite frankly there not going to risk the west deciding they lied about the intercept. Because its putting all there credibility on the line literally. If it was shown tobe false western support for Ukraine would diminish quickly and they know it. So please tell me in your expert opinion how you determined it fake was it voice analysis?

Then theirs small little details like A launcher similar to the SA-17 missile system, also known as Buk, was seen by AP journalists earlier Thursday near the eastern Ukrainian town of Snizhne, which is held by the rebels.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Speckle
Taking Russia's infamous anti-gay stance into consideration, it appears MH17 had many Aids activists aboard, en route to a conference in Australia. If this is in any way a factor as to why this plane was shot down, wow.

A few things wrong with that:

AIDS is no longer the "gay disease" so that theory is a bit far fetched, especially since most of these "activists" (who were actually scientists ) were concerned about the virus in the land where it's most active: Africa, where heterosexuals are mainly affected by it.

LGBT issues in Russia would not result in the death of over 200+ people and Putin knows it's not even worth it.

Also, the plane was shot down by accident, by pro Russian rebels who thought it was a Ukrainian military aircraft.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: DK0188
After reading some posts in regards to the identification number of the supposed 9M-MRC photo posted Cor Pan's Facebook page, I started to do some of my own research. There was a specific post on ATS that listed three possible identification numbers in that picture (the picture posted was inconclusive to me, as it was blurry and I couldn't fully read the letters):

9M-MRC
9M-MRD
9M-MRO

Realizing I could not clearly see the number on the landing gear hatch, I decided to take a look myself at his Facebook page in hopes that the picture of the plane was still there, as well as his page being a public page. In fact, it is. And the picture of the plane he posted was still there. In the Facebook picture taken by Cor Pan of the airplane, you can clearly see a RC. It is undeniable that it is anything else. This started to make me wonder, as it was reported he was on the ill-fated plane that was shot down near Donetsk, Ukraine on Thursday. There have been pictures released at the crash site that show a panel of the plane which happens to have the plane's identification number on it. The picture was released by USA Today and shows a panel that has obviously been torn apart with these letters: -MRD.

If in fact the Malaysian Airlines plane 9M-MRD was the supposed plane on Flight MH17, then what plane did Cor Pan take a picture of before boarding 9M-MRD?

I then made some attempts to match everything up. I saved Cor Pan's Facebook picture of the plane with the RC markings on the landing gear hatch (9M-MRC), and did a reverse image search on tineye.com. It confirms that he didn't pull the picture from a search engine and post it to his Facebook page minutes before he boarded the flight.

This brings me to my next point; if 9M-MRD was the plane that crashed in eastern Ukraine, where was 9M-MRC located at the time of the crash. At first I thought maybe Cor Pan may have taken a picture of another Malaysian Airlines plane that was at the same Amsterdam airport, and assumed this plane (9M-MRC) was the one he intended to fly on to Kuala Lumpur. So I researched where 9M-MRC was located at roughly the same time as flight MH17 (9M-MRD) was supposed to take off. What I found was astonishing. 9M-MRC, according to flightaware.com, had departed from Auckland (AKL) at 12:26am NZST on July 16th and arrived at Kuala Lumpur (KUL) at 7:50am MYT, also July 16th. The next flight of 9M-MRC occured on July 18th, which was a flight departing from Kuala Lumpur (KUL) at 10:29am MYT and arriving at Zia International (DAC) at 11:41am BDT. The plane marked as 9M-MRC was no where remotely close to the Schiphol Amsterdam Airport on July 17th, the day that Cor Pan supposedly boarded MH17 on 9M-MRD to fly to Kuala Lumpur.

After realizing that 9M-MRC wasn't anywhere near Schirphol Amsterdam Airport on July 17th, according to flightaware.com, I tried to find a logical explanation.

9M-MRO was the plane associated with the disappearence of MH370 back in March. So right off the bat you can throw 9M-MRC being mistaken for 9M-MRO in Cor Pan's Facebook picture of the plane. There are currently 12 Boeing 777-200 planes in the Malaysia Airlines fleet. They are numbered chronologically according to first built and issued, with 9M-MRA being the 1st commissioned plane, and 9M-MRB being the 2nd commissioned plane, and so on. So you can rule out 9M-MRQ as a possible explanation for the C in the RC on the Facebook picture since there were only 13 planes total, 9M-MRO being lost.

I am asking the question, why was 9M-MRC at the Schirphol Amsterdam airport the morning off July 17th, when it was last flown from Auckland (AKL) to Kuala Lumpur (KUL) the morning of July 16th, and according to flightaware.com, the plane marked 9M-MRC then flew from Kuala Lumpur (KUL) to Zia International (DAC) on July 18th? I can only assume that 9M-MRC was grounded at Kuala Lumpur from the morning of July 16th until it departed for Zia International (DAC) on the morning of July 18th, for refueling, possible routine maintenance, etc.

Is there something larger in the grand scheme of things that is happening here? Are we not being told the correct information? It is hard to grasp as to the truth behind this, but it is an interesting question.

I also thought about Cor Pan taking a picture of a Malaysia Airlines plane from the internet and using that image as his last Facebook post. But what are the odds that he would go through so much trouble to find a picture on the internet of a Malaysia Airlines plane, just before he were to board a plane headed to Kuala Lumpur, and sit on a plane for more than 11 hours? It doesn't make sense. You don't go through that much trouble to make an attempt at black humor when you are at an airport about to board a flight.

All of these facts don't add up; the notion that Malaysia Airlines 9M-MRC is seen at the same airport as evident by Cor Pan's photo, and flightaware.com has is most likely grounded in Kuala Lumpur roughly half a world away. Why was 9M-MRC at Schirphol Amsterdam and what really happened to MH17 that is seen in pictures taken from Donetsk, Ukraine? Just some food for thought. RIP MH17 and condolences to the family members involved.

Where did you see this serial number? Below is the photo posted by Cor Pan on his FB wall and i can't find any letter on the landing gear at all mind pointing it?

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: stumason
a reply to: Vovin

I don't have to, I'm not the one making the claim. Seems to me like you've been caught out making something up, Vovin.. Not like you at all....

As far as I can tell, going back over all of July's previous flights for MH17, this is a perfectly normal route for it to be flying. Of course, you're going to simply ignore me, the evidence I posted for this and carry on making these silly claims in an attempt to help Mother Russia save face, but hey...

Don't patronize me, it's not my job to feed you information like you are a baby.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post=18163350]rustyclutch

ETA...I've never used twitter once in my life. Never tweeted a word. What makes you think this guy in the middle of a war zone is giving everyone updates?

It's the new thing. I don't use twitter either, but ...for example...the leader of that Islamic Terrorist org in Iraq that has been taking territory has made good use of twitter to recruit and propagandize.

Yes, this General has been regularly tweeting for months and months. It's been to his PR advantage. In this case it wasn't.
edit on 18-7-2014 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

The USA or Ukraine investigating it would produce just as bias results.

They should let someone who doesn't hate anyone or have any allegiance investigate. Like Iceland, NZ or some random Caribbean nation and live stream the investigation. But this was NEVER about justice, if it was this wouldn't have happened.

Whether accidental, intentional or false flag what's true is that geopolitical interests may forever keep this clouded.
edit on 2014 by BlubberyConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   

edit on -05:0043147342014-07-18T16:34:43-05:00 by Psynic because: Quote will not appear

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
If you look at the front landing gear flaps you will see the last two letters of the aircraft code

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Look at the front landing gear, this is the first Malaysian 777

This is from flightradar, alledged 777 that the photo was taken in Amsterdam

This is from flightradar, alledged 777 that was shot down

I would like to work out the lettering on the apron behind the plane, this might identify which airport this photo was actually taken at
edit on 18-7-2014 by bigfoot007 because: added comment

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
NPR - Obama: Evidence MH17 Hit By Missile From Rebel-Held Area Of Ukraine

This post was updated at 5:00 p.m. ET.

President Obama says it is likely that a missile fired from rebel-held territory in eastern Ukraine brought down Malaysia Airlines MH17 and that at least one U.S. citizen is among the dead.

"Evidence indicates that the plane was shot down by a surface-to-air missile from an area controlled by Russian-backed separatists inside of Ukraine," Obama said, noting that it's not the only time in recent months that the pro-Russia rebels had taken down airplanes.

He called the deaths of the 298 people aboard the plane "an outrage of unspeakable proportions."

The president identified the American killed on the flight as , who he said held dual citizenship. Schansman's other citizenship was Dutch, .

Obama referred to the arming of the rebels and the "steady flow of weapons from Russia" and said if Russian President Vladimir Putin makes a decision not to arm the separatists, then the flow will stop.

"There has to be a credible investigation," he said. "There must be an immediate cease-fire. Evidence must not be tampered with."

He promised U.S. assistance in the investigation.

All sides in the conflict in Ukraine — Kiev, the separatists, and Moscow — have denied any involvement in the downing of MH17.

The president's remarks at a news briefing on Friday came as U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, Samantha Power, and Pentagon spokesman Rear Adm. John Kirby sought to flesh out the evidence.

Power, in a presentation to the U.N. Security Council, said that pro-Russia separatists in eastern Ukraine had been spotted by a Western journalist manning an SA-11 surface-to-air missile system at a location near where MH17 went down just hours before the plane crashed.

"We assess Malaysian Airlines Flight 17 ... was likely downed by a surface-to-air [SAM] missile, an SA-11, operated from a separatist-held location in eastern Ukraine," she said.

Power said that because of the flight's high altitude, shorter-range missile systems had been ruled out. She noted that one of the missile systems had been reported to be in the area of the crash Thursday, before the plane went down.

Separatists had posted videos and boasts online about downing a Ukrainian plane Thursday, Power said, adding that some of those materials have since been deleted.

"Because of the technical complexity of the SA-11, it is unlikely that the separatists could effectively operate the system without assistance from knowledgeable personnel. Thus we cannot rule out technical assistance from Russian personnel in operating the systems," she added.

The U.S. isn't aware of any Ukrainian SA-11 systems in the area where the crash occurred, Power said. She added that the Ukrainian military hadn't fired any anti-aircraft missiles since the fighting began, despite incursions by Russian planes.

click link for remainder of article.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Here is a clearer picture of the plane on gate 3, clearly RC

www.nigerreporters.com...

Look at the difference between the two photos, the facebook version has two umbilical s connected to the belly, yet the picture above, which is allegedly the same has none. Photo could be taken later on, but how many photos were posted on facebook?
edit on 18-7-2014 by bigfoot007 because: added evidence

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Updates from the article -

We'll update this post as news comes in. Here's a quick update on what we know about the situation:

Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17 had been flying from Amsterdam to Kuala Lampur carrying 298 people — 283 passengers and 15 crew. (Early reports of 295 people onboard were updated with the news that three infants were among the passengers.)
The breakdown of nationalities: 192 Dutch; 44 Malaysians; 28 Australians; 12 Indonesians; 10 Britons; 4 Germans; 4 Belgians; 3 Vietnamese; 3 Filipinos; 1 American (dual U.S.-Dutch citizen); 1 Canadian; 1 New Zealander; 1 Hong Kong Chinese.
The flight plan filed by the plane's pilots had requested an altitude of 35,000 feet during their passage over Ukraine, but air traffic control in Ukraine instructed them to fly at 33,000 feet, .

The Boeing 777 went down in the Donetsk region of eastern Ukraine, which for months has been a focal point of fighting between pro-Russian separatists and Ukraine's central government.
U.S. officials tell NPR the airliner was likely shot down by a surface-to-air missile and that they're working to determine who fired it.
Kiev officials accuse the separatists of firing a missile at the jet. The separatists, Ukraine's military and Russia have all denied any involvement.
The separatists have promised to aid the investigation, reportedly planning a three-day truce to allow investigators to reach the wreckage.
More than half of the flight's passengers were from the Netherlands. The U.S. is trying to determine whether any Americans were onboard.
The U.S. Federal Aviation Administration has barred all U.S. flights from using the airspace over eastern Ukraine. The agency notes that no U.S. airlines have been flying routes there.
Investigators from the FBI and NTSB will reportedly help analyze the crash — President Obama offered that assistance to Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko in a phone call on Thursday.
The plane's passengers included roughly 100 people who had been traveling to a major global AIDS conference in Melbourne, Australia. The activists and researchers included former International AIDS Society President Joep Lange.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
OK,

Easy way to identify which plane this was:

Some one knows this serial number is related to which plane, anyone from Boeing care to comment

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfoot007
OK,

Easy way to identify which plane this was:

Some one knows this serial number is related to which plane, anyone from Boeing care to comment

A close up picture of a serial number on an item at a crash scene no one can access.

Good luck with the comment from Boeing.

new topics

top topics

<< 80  81  82    84  85  86 >>

join