It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Malaysian 777 Passenger Airline Shot Down Over Eastern Ukraine

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Zandril

I find a lot of things incredibly hard to believe, but there were people involved in this. That means that screw ups happen. Especially if they're not well trained, which both Russian conscripts, and Ukrainian rebels fall under.

I would have to agree with this statement.

There are a lot of conscripted morons that were pulled into this debacle, on both sides.

I can just picture a couple of rookies playing with high tech equipment, just enough training to be dangerous, and a piss poor engagement protocol.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype

It is a very heavily used flight path....I heard one expert refer to it as "the main highway" for passenger airliners in the area.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: hillbilly4rent

I would say because Americans do not even know about the Ukrainian War as it has been dropped out of the MSM over here but from what I hear it is still on the news all the time in Europe so yea.....

Really see no reason to be flying over Ukraine. I know the US banned any of our flights from going over that area.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: eriktheawful

The only thing that's changed is the hardware.

No seriously Zaph.

Over the past 10 years or so it's like most governments, groups, etc, are just LOOKING for a reason to start some crap.

Downed aircraft in the past never seemed to be enough to really start something.

But take a look at what has been going on lately: someone just has to claim something and it's enough to get a shooting war of some sort started.

Look at what Israel is doing right now over 3 teens. Look at what we were almost going to do in Syria. Look at what Russia just did in the UK......

I'm not saying WW3 will start in a few hours. But I am saying that people are more apt now to start shooting over something then we were in the past.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I have no doubt that this could possibly be human error, but in my opinion it's still careless to fire at a plane if you don't have confirmation on what it is.

Ukraine, Russia, or the rebels. Doesn't matter. They need to get their troops proper training

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Why not? Despite all the crazy rhetoric about Iran, commercial flights fly across Iran every single day, quite safely. Why would a troublesome spat in Eastern Europe be a problem? The international airways stay open to commercial traffic unless it descends into an all-out conflict..... or a volcano blows it's top!

link   
a reply to: hillbilly4rent

US Flights were banned from the flight path.

link   
Put some ice in your hats,both parties should post radar tracking info ,
preferrably with all available stats for cross referall.That should lay down some hard evidence.
-F-

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
they're saying now there was an event onboard prior to the crash.

no radio contact for a prolonged period of time.

edit on 17-7-2014 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

link   

Do you have anything to back up that statement?

What statement would that be ?

The fact that Russia violated another countries Sovereign territory ?

Or the fact the Russia government arms some of the most detestable people around the globe ?

he western MSM

As opposed to Eastern propaganda.

Since Russia MORE than likely sold the weapon system to WHOEVER shot down 777.

They are just as guilty as those who pushed the button.
edit on 17-7-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

link   
I'm glad the majority of you lot don't work for the NTSB as Air Crash Investigators!!! nothing would be resloved as you base your answers / comments on speculation

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Alright, apparently it is a well traveled route. Still not smart IMO to keep a major airway open through an active warzone...You'd think they could adjust the 'main highway' a little for construction (war) so to speak...

Anyways, it has happened and what is done is done. I just want to throw this out there though before the war drums are beating. Is it more likely that Russia/Putin or the Ukrainian rebels downed an airliner to self destruct themselves in the eyes of the world? Or is it more likely that the failing Ukrainian government is using a false flag to drum up international support for themselves where they failed to do so last time?

The latter seems much more likely to me......Why on Earth would Russia should down an airliner? It makes absolutely no sense for them to do. None.

The only reason one of the rebels would down the airliner is simply if they were a sick f*** with a big gun acting alone IMO.
edit on 17-7-2014 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   

DUTCH PASSENGER POSTS PHOTO ON FACEBOOK BEFORE TAKEOFF, SAYS THIS IS WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE IF IT WERE TO DISSAPEAR [link to www.telegraaf.nl]

Thats creepy! www.telegraaf.nl...
Rest in peace all involved
edit on 17-7-2014 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-7-2014 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

link   
This is not good.

More tension around the world. The Gaza strip is bloody again. I am beginning to believe WWIII maybe a reality in my lifetime.

How long will the clock stay at 5 till Midnight?

link   
There are bodies scattered for miles. Most likely this was a Russian missile. I hope to god not. If so this war just got MUCH bigger! This will demand an international response in other words a US response. How convenient.

link   
God help us all..
peace
e
a reply to: Hellas

link   
Sky reporting Ukranian military does not have SAM's capable of 33000ft...

link   

It doesn't make sense for either side to do it honestly.

But prior to now, the only things used in the area were MANPADS, and those against very low flying aircraft. A MANPADS system can't reach where airlines fly at, so there was very little danger in them flying over the area, so they flew.

+9 more 
link   

originally posted by: corblimeyguvnor
I'm glad the majority of you lot don't work for the NTSB as Air Crash Investigators!!! nothing would be resloved as you base your answers / comments on speculation

lol

This is a conspiracy website and most of us don't have access to anything besides our laptops.

Speculation is our hobby.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
how is it possible that the flight route was still open afer shooting douwn several plains in the past

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join