It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Malaysian 777 Passenger Airline Shot Down Over Eastern Ukraine

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Saw another Malaysia Airlines plane flying through Ukraine, MAS-3 London - Kuala Lumpur, so it could be usual route.
This comes after several warnings that Russian backed terrorists have received advanced AA systems.
From different info online, plane was flying at 10km alt.
No MANPAD type system has that alt capability, but BUK systems do and there were multiple reports of the terrorists being supplied with that type of AA system.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Interesting thanks. I am curious about this because surely the airliner is aware that eastern Ukraine is a war/conflict zone. Doesn't seem too smart to be flying passengers over that area..
edit on 17-7-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
News just in it was shot down.
www.mirror.co.uk...

4:41 pm
Malaysia Airlines has confirmed it has lost contact with flight MH17 from Amsterdam.

4:40 pm
The Ukrainian Interior Ministry says the plane was brought down by a ground-to-air missile.

280 passengers were on board, with 15 crew. All are believed to have died.

4:36 pm
The Interfax report said the plane came down 50km (20 miles) short of entering Russian airspace.

An unnamed source said it "began to drop, afterwards it was found burning on the ground on Ukrainian territory."

The plane appeared to have come down in a region of military action where Ukrainian government forces are battling pro-Russian separatists.

A separate unnamed source in the Ukrainian security apparatus, quoted by Interfax, said the plane disappeared from radar at a height of 10,000 metres after which it came down near the town of Shakhtyorsk.

4:32 pm
Interfax news agency says the passenger airliner was shot down at an altitude of 10km above Eastern Ukraine.

4:30 pm
A Malaysia Airlines plane has crashed in Ukraine with 295 people on board.

Reports this afternoon say the passenger jet was travelling from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur, and is thought to have crashed near to the Russian border.

The Russian Aviation Industry said the plane did not enter Russian airspace when expected, but crashed in Eastern Ukraine.

It comes just over four months after the airline's Flight MH370 disappeared without trace as it flew from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing.

Video

edit on 17-7-2014 by DEV1L79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Russia with an itchy trigger finger?

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

Please suspend the conclusions people.

Let's wait until they can't locate the black box.

link   
My God.... Those poor people.... Getting reports of nothing left of the flight.

The Pentagon just released a statement that Russia has been shooting down cargo planes in the past few days. Russia is walking a thin line

+19 more 
link   
a reply to: Hellas

The say that the Ukrainians claim it was shot down by the Russians

As soon as I saw the headline that was the first thing I thought the Ukrainians would say.

Too predictable...

That alone gets my tin-foil hat tingling but I'm not going to speculate so early after it happened. I'm not claiming to have any inside information but it just doesn't make sense for the Russians to shoot down a passenger airline - that being said, weirder things have happened...it's just odd that the Ukrainians come out and say this right away.

They will do and say anything to make the Russians look bad to justify their massacre of the Eastern Ukrainians which they continue to blame on Russia.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
they usually take a great circle route, which is the shortest distance between 2 points on a sphere.
a reply to: Wookiep

link   
a reply to: Wookiep

Prior to now, it really hasn't been a big issue. They would route around the worst of the fighting, but the airspace has been open, with traffic going overhead.

+26 more 
link   
I'm not going to believe a word of anything I hear about this.

Already smells of something very suspicious.

We're going to be fed some complete utter bull#e that is nothing but a test to see what the gullible public are willing to lap up.

Who is seriously going to believe that a commercial aircraft was accidentally shot down by the sophisticated Russian air defenses?

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Well Russian s300's are pefectly capable of shooting down an airliner.

Who knows I am sure it was just an 'accident'.

link   
No way? This is mental serious stuff. Are Malaysians muslims? Just thinking outside the 'targetted by Russian seperatists' box. Just mental news. Gonna get serious over there if many EU passengers were on that plane and shot down by Russian leaning Ukranians.

link   
Sky news has a live feed showing video of the crash site in the distance

I didn't see CNN reporting that it might have been shot down.

The video of all that smoke sure reminds me of Shanksville...(*sarcasm)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Fox is reporting on their website that Malaysia Airlines confirmed there was an "incident" on board one of it's flights and is expected to release a statement soon.

link   
Buks missile system has been mentioned. There was a troop transport shot down earlier in the week. Could very well have been a mistake but from the videos looks like there will be no survivors.

link   
The hell? Malaysian Air has some seriously bad juju going on this year. This will be one airline I'll refuse even a free trip on, kthxbai.

But dayum, those poor passengers. Those last moments...

link   
a reply to: bates

Not that I'm saying it was shot down, but under the Soviet government at least two civilian airliners were shot down. So why couldn't it happen now?

Or it could have been a mistake by the operator. They're human, and make mistakes.

But it's way too early to say that it was shot down.
edit on 7/17/2014 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
On the "Donestk People Republic" social media, they were overjoyed that they took down a Ukrainian AN-26, about an hour ago.
Twitter pic

LE: Link to the VKontakte page:

vk.com...
edit on Thu0000003119714 by Dutzy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: bates
I'm not going to believe a word of anything I hear about this.

Already smells of something very suspicious.

We're going to be fed some complete utter bull#e that is nothing but a test to see what the gullible public are willing to lap up.

Who is seriously going to believe that a commercial aircraft was accidentally shot down by the sophisticated Russian air defenses?

Oh no it was the seperatist who were given new AA missiles. Maybe this is a repainted mh 370.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zandril
My God.... Those poor people.... Getting reports of nothing left of the flight.

The Pentagon just released a statement that Russia has been shooting down cargo planes in the past few days. Russia is walking a thin line

And where is the proof for this?
As long as neither side will hand out proper proof, it is all just propaganda

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join