It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Malaysian 777 Passenger Airline Shot Down Over Eastern Ukraine

page: 172
<< 169  170  171    173  174  175 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: spy66
Listen to this. I dont know if John McCain speaks for the US government, but he does state that the pro-russian dont have a missile that could shot Down MH17.

Listen to this:

Yeah hes an idiot he didnt say the pro Russians dont have the capability he said the Ukrainians. Which is clearly false unless he misspoke and meant that they didnt have anything in the area that could shoot down the plane that would be true.But quite frankly you never know with that bonehead. Thank god he lost the election i couldnt even imagine him in charge but that aside your misquoting what he said. As for him speaking for the government no the Obama administration doesnt tell him anything and for good reason as you can see hes not very articulate.

Also keep in mind this interview was when the airliner first went down before congregational briefings so hes dancing around trying to act like he knows something and is clueless to the details but any face time is better than none at all to a politician.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: spy66

Listen to this. I dont know if John McCain speaks for the US government, but he does state that the pro-russian dont have a missile that could shot Down MH17.

Nobody takes him serious after his abomination run for president. Heck I am not sure he would ever have been elected the first time if he had not had a horrific experience in Viet Nam.

Honestly most think of him as...wait nobody is thinking of him actually.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

I am thinking McCain is referring to the area the incident occurred and not to all of Ukraine on the missile comment.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Listen to this:

Yeah hes an idiot he didnt say the pro Russians dont have the capability he said the Ukrainians. Which is clearly false unless he misspoke and meant that they didnt have anything in the area that could shoot down the plane that would be true.But quite frankly you never know with that bonehead. Thank god he lost the election i couldnt even imagine him in charge but that aside your misquoting what he said. As for him speaking for the government no the Obama administration doesnt tell him anything and for good reason as you can see hes not very articulate.

Also keep in mind this interview was when the airliner first went down before congregational briefings so hes dancing around trying to act like he knows something and is clueless to the details but any face time is better than none at all to a politician.

There is no doubt that he is miss quoting. He said that the Ukrains did shoot Down the transport plain at 21 000 ft. But it was the pro-russians who did that.

PS. Why do they have this guy on the News talking about this crash if is not in the loop?

If he is just talking crap like this, It si not good for the US government.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Because hes a senator and easy to get on any broadcast. He never passes up a chance to show his brilliance wow that was hard to say when your laughing. On a more serious note hes the favorite stuge of RT they love quoting him because he doesnt think.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Because hes a senator and easy to get on any broadcast. He never passes up a chance to show his brilliance wow that was hard to say when your laughing. On a more serious note hes the favorite stuge of RT they love quoting him because he doesnt think.

Who in the US government are honest do you think. Who can be trusted to tell us the truth?

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 01:22 AM
link   

PS. Why do they have this guy on the News talking about this crash if is not in the loop?

McCain sits on the Senate Armed Services Committee.

Jurisdiction

According to the Senate Rules Committee, all proposed legislation, messages, petitions, memorials, and other matters relating to the following subjects are referred to the Armed Services Committee:[1]

1.Aeronautical and space activities pertaining to or primarily associated with the development of weapons systems or military operations.

2.Common defense.

3.Department of Defense, the Department of the Army, the Department of the Navy, and the Department of the Air Force, generally.

4.Maintenance and operation of the Panama Canal, including administration, sanitation, and government of the Canal Zone.

5.Military research and development.

6.National security aspects of nuclear energy.

7.Naval petroleum reserves, except those in Alaska.

8.Pay, promotion, retirement, and other benefits and privileges of members of the Armed Forces, including overseas education of civilian and military dependents.

9.Selective service system.

10.Strategic and critical materials necessary for the common defense.

Armed Services Committee, Intelligence Committee, etc will all be in the loop on these issues with respects to their jurisdiction.
edit on 29-7-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Who in the US government are honest do you think. Who can be trusted to tell us the truth?

I dont think the word politician and honest can be used in the same sentence. Any given issue you have to access what they say based on past performance in that area. But they all get kick backs from certain sectors of the economy. Like McCain hes in the pocket of the military industrial lobbyists and of course telecommunications. Worst part is he got caught and well they sent him back anyway i have little faith in Arizona voters.The only good thing i can say is he supports the veterans.

www.democracynow.org...

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   

McCain is a career politician and everybody knows what that means.

What he says is positioning.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 02:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: GargIndia

McCain is a career politician and everybody knows what that means.

What he says is positioning.

Being a politician is a job. That means each one of them Works for someone?

Who Works for the People?

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   
can anyone confirm that Putin was on a plane not far behind the one shot down?

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 03:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: 110240

The Kremlin already stated Putin has not flown over Ukrainian airspace in some time. They dismissed the report.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra
Putin don't need Ukrainian airspace...

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 05:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: 110240

The Kremlin already stated Putin has not flown over Ukrainian airspace in some time. They dismissed the report.

you sure?
coulda sworn I heard fox-news say the government has proof Putin was piloting the jet himself

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Reports that Putin flew similar route as MH17, presidential airport says 'hasn't overflown Ukraine for long time'

At the same time, there have been reports contradicting Intefax’s report that was the first and the only media source to publish the news, saying that Presidential plane was not flying over Ukraine at the same time.

As a source told Gazeta.ru online news portal, Putin’s plane does take off from Vnukovo-3 [the terminal that accepts business jets], but the president does not fly over the conflict-gripped neighboring country.

“Putin has only one jet – Board One, he does not fly other planes. This plane always takes off from Vnukovo-3, but the presidential plane have not been flying over Ukraine for a while,” the source at Vnukovo-3 terminal said.

President Putin was on his way from Brazil, where he attended the BRICS summit, to Moscow.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 05:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Blister

lol... nice pic..

Here is another one for ya

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
you sure?
coulda sworn I heard fox-news say the government has proof Putin was piloting the jet himself

If you have a link that would be awesome.. I am not seeing it on their site.

I dont think Putins security would want him flying over Ukraine all things considered. In my opinion the reason that article was started was to continue to blame Ukraine for the shoot down. It moves the conversation / debate into the realm of an assassination attempt.

There would be no reason for Putin to fly over Ukraine. Secondly I dont think Ukraine would allow it (yes they can deny entry into their airspace).
edit on 31-7-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Why do I get the feeling it might be a little too late?

Forensic scientists reach jet crash site

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: fatdeeman
A lot of the evidence is still there - even if it is moved around things like sections of skin with holes in them are still good evidence since the position in flight is probably more important than the micro-position on the ground (as opposed to which part of the debris field it is in).

also it seems likely that if there was a missile involved then bits of it will be found - shrapnel at least if not larger components - and THAT should shed a bit of light!!

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Just read this apparently the Dutch and Australians are sending in troops. Ukraine's parliament backed the potential deployment of up to 950 Dutch and Australian "armed personnel" at the crash site.Bet this is the last thing Russia wants.

Kiev. Ukraine's parliament on Thursday ratified deals with the Netherlands and Australia allowing them to send some 950 "armed personnel" to secure the crash site of downed Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 in war-torn east Ukraine, AFP reported.
The agreements allow the two countries to dispatch "military and non-military" personnel to the scene, although Dutch officials have previously said it would be "not realistic" to send troops in to bolster a team of police experts already on the ground.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr
the BBC article that mentions this calls it "potential deployment".

It would certainly make matters interesting - but also possibly de-stress the local situation a bit??

But what WOULD happen if they got involved in conflict with rebels or Ukrainian troops - they'd be a bit out on a limb & I don't think the respective Govt's would be too happy about such entanglement.

top topics

<< 169  170  171    173  174  175 >>

join