It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Malaysian 777 Passenger Airline Shot Down Over Eastern Ukraine

page: 132
<< 129  130  131    133  134  135 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

originally posted by: rigel4
Al Jazeera reporting that the flight data recorders have been found..
We're edging towards the truth here.

Any word on who has them though? If they fall into Russian hands I'm betting that they'll be found to be 'malfunctioning'.

Sadly the last i heard was that they were in rebel hands..

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

The newspaper also said that minutes before the crash, the Air India pilots heard air traffic controllers give the Malaysian plane a "direct routing".

This allows a plane to fly straight rather than tracking from one navigation point to another, and saves time and fuel.

I would like to know if following those waypoints would've kept them out of the danger zone.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfoot007

originally posted by: DaFunk

I dont work for any agencies involved in investigating this incident

Ok, any other agencies perhaps....?

No Agencies, There are only departments

I guess you guys could always check with the FSB or GRU or SVR

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Orwells Ghost

Oh wow (laughs nervously with a side of black humor). And that was just the headline. Digging in...

ETA: Yup, just as I thought...

Rigor mortis (Latin: rigor "stiffness", mortis "of death") is one of the recognizable signs of death, caused by chemical changes in the muscles after death, causing the limbs of the corpse to become stiff and difficult to move or manipulate.[1] In humans, it commences after about three to four hours, reaches maximum stiffness after 12 hours, and gradually dissipates from approximately 24 hours after death.[2]

Pictures of the crash site clearly show rigor setting in. Which means, that article is bunk
edit on 20-7-2014 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

link   

The newspaper also said that minutes before the crash, the Air India pilots heard air traffic controllers give the Malaysian plane a "direct routing".

This allows a plane to fly straight rather than tracking from one navigation point to another, and saves time and fuel.

I would like to know if following those waypoints would've kept them out of the danger zone.

So long as they were over the 30k + foot flight level, which they were, it does not matter on the direction of the flight.

link   

I didnt realize there was a difference between the 2.

He asked if they were in Russia or if the rebels had them. There is a difference. The rebels are not in Russia.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

He asked if they were in Russia or if the rebels had them. There is a difference. The rebels are not in Russia.

Someone should let the rebels know that then, not to mention that they are also not in the DPR but Ukraine.
edit on 20-7-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Oooh a Geography question... damn.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

So long as they were over the 30k + foot flight level, which they were, it does not matter on the direction of the flight.

It didn't matter? I would say it did matter what with the whole shooting down thingy and all...

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Well now if they are flying away from their destination then the direction would matter...

But yes, it doesn't matter what direction they were flying as long as they stayed away from flying below the flight restricted airspace.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

It didn't matter? I would say it did matter what with the whole shooting down thingy and all...

It does not matter. the airspace was not restricted above that flight level, and the MH17 was above that flight level. The only airspace restrictions were over Crimea.

Trying to shift the blame to the aircraft pilots or ATC instead is not going to work because it has no basis in logic for this mess. It was not the only plane to be using that route.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

Well now if they are flying away from their destination then the direction would matter...

But yes, it doesn't matter what direction they were flying as long as they stayed away from flying below the flight restricted airspace.

Well, they should be enjoying their holiday if it didn't matter.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

But they didn't fly below restricted air space.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   

a reply to: tsurfer2000h

But they didn't fly below restricted air space.

In NATO ... restricted air space comes to YOU.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: DaFunk

You do understand that there were many flights before this one flying that same route with no problems, this one just happened to be the unlucky plane that was in all honesty misidentified when shot down.

Honestly I don't think it was intentional, but that that is just my opinion.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
a reply to: DaFunk

You do understand that there were many flights before this one flying that same route with no problems, this one just happened to be the unlucky plane that was in all honesty misidentified when shot down.

Honestly I don't think it was intentional, but that that is just my opinion.

They can get away with shooting ONE down, not, 10 or 20.

How can you explain the enemy getting their hands on 10 or 20 missiles, that is much harder to do, and will look even worse for Ukraine.

edit on 20-7-2014 by moobie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: moobie
Well, they should be enjoying their holiday if it didn't matter.

and they would have had it not been for pro russian rebels / russia shooting the plane down.

In this case though when reviewing the abilities of the pro Russian rebels the phrase - "So easy a caveman can do it" - does not apply.
edit on 20-7-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: bigfoot007

I dont work for any agencies involved in investigating this incident

Ok, any other agencies perhaps....?

No Agencies, There are only departments

I guess you guys could always check with the FSB or GRU or SVR

They are probably as deep in this as certain USA / UK groups
edit on b472f2014201431007 by bigfoot007 because: added comment

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

It does matter. You responded to this comment,

It obviously matters in relation to the comment you responded too, cause if they hadn't flown above the dangerous area, like the ten previous flights hadn't, they wouldn't have been shot.

edit on 20-7-2014 by DaFunk because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 129  130  131    133  134  135 >>

join