It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Malaysian 777 Passenger Airline Shot Down Over Eastern Ukraine

page: 124
<< 121  122  123    125  126  127 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Rosinitiate

At least five airlines were recently caught flying over the area after saying they wouldn't anymore.

Which ones?

Name them and shame them.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   

a reply to: DaFunk

The airline threat assessment comes from the ICAO and other agencies. It takes a lit longer than three days for that word to spread.

Based on the best information they had, on that day, the airspace was safe over 31,000 feet.

They had no way to know if those missiles could even reach that high until they got an updated threat assessment.

You seem to think that the airlines and their oversight can move at lightning speed. Even for something like this, a week would be fast.

Doesn't ICAO share their communications via the GDS system, whether Sabre, Amadeus and Galileo which feeds that information to all airlines around the world instantly?

How they process and chose to use that information would be on each individual airline.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: DaFunk

originally posted by: moobie

a reply to: moobie

Because they are backed by Russia and they have tons of em?

Can you show me the airplanes the self defences forces have in the air that are backed by Russia?

Remember these people had to fix a WW2 TANK MEMORIAL into moving condition for ground weapons.

The seperatists are backed by Russia, and Russia has planes, is what I said.

The sum total is that both combatants have SAMs in the theater that are a potential risk to commercial planes. Then why the route is being used?

link   

You asked why they have missiles. I answered you, because Russia has planes. Just because they aren't being used now, doesn't mean that Ukraine doesn't anticipate them.

link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

The airline threat assessment comes from the ICAO and other agencies. It takes a lit longer than three days for that word to spread.

Based on the best information they had, on that day, the airspace was safe over 31,000 feet.

They had no way to know if those missiles could even reach that high until they got an updated threat assessment.

You seem to think that the airlines and their oversight can move at lightning speed. Even for something like this, a week would be fast.

Doesn't ICAO share their communications via the GDS system, whether Sabre, Amadeus and Galileo which feeds that information to all airlines around the world instantly?

How they process and chose to use that information would be on each individual airline.

And what about NOTAMS?

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   

You asked why they have missiles. I answered you, because Russia has planes. Just because they aren't being used now, doesn't mean that Ukraine doesn't anticipate them.

Half a year is a hell of a lot of anticipation time.

In fact I believe they just recenetly moved some BUK's into the Eastern Area just before the flight got shot down.

edit on 20-7-2014 by moobie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   

At least five airlines were recently caught flying over the area after saying they wouldn't anymore.

Well there's a reason i only fly a particular airlines.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Airlines are about making money. Shorter distances, less delays, makes money.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

Well there's a reason i only fly a particular airlines.

What airlines?

link   

They knew, but with airline history of safety, this was a one in ????? odds that this would not happen. Not only this plane but also the other triple 7. Flying is still safer than by car.

link   

They haven't been named other than FinnAir.

link   

originally posted by: earthling42
Latest developments

Access is still denied to the OSCE to the area of the crash and debris from the plane for investigation.

Not entirely true. The OSCE have said, on their own website, that they've been in a couple of times for short periods. I mentioned it in one of my previous posts www.abovetopsecret.com...

link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Airlines are about making money. Shorter distances, less delays, makes money.

Yeah, Malaysia Air are great at saving money.

Anybody check the stock options on Malaysia Airlines prior to this "kinetic event"?

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

They haven't been named other than FinnAir.

So far, count of 1 (one) airline caught.

We should keep a listing of each airline that flies over it and the flights. so we know to avoid them.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   

They still have to make the decision to close the airspace though. That's the part that takes awhile.

Hell after the shoe bombing attempt it took four or five days before we got the initial threat warning.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   

In fact I believe they just recenetly moved some BUK's into the Eastern Area just before the flight got shot down.

Seems a valid strategic move to get them close to the disputed border area.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   

FlightRadar24 has a playback feature if anyone really wants to find out which ones.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Seems a valid strategic move to get them close to the disputed border area.

The disputed border with Russia? I am very sure Russia has not moved their border, Crimea is in the Southern part not Eastern part. Seems their geography is a tad off.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
There was an AirIndia and Singapore plane flying near MH17. So those airlines choose to also fly there. You can bet there were other airlines.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Russian military aircraft have crossed into Ukrainian airspace recently. You move at least a few of them to protect them against being bombed.

new topics

top topics

<< 121  122  123    125  126  127 >>

join