It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Malaysian 777 Passenger Airline Shot Down Over Eastern Ukraine

page: 117
<< 114  115  116    118  119  120 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 03:21 AM
link   

KIEV, Ukraine — The United States has confirmed that Russia supplied sophisticated missile launchers to separatists in eastern Ukraine and that attempts were made to move them back across the Russian border after the Thursday shoot-down of a Malaysian jet liner, a U.S. official said Saturday.

“We do believe they were trying to move back into Russia at least three Buk [missile launch] systems,” the official said. U.S. intelligence was “starting to get indications . . . a little more than a week ago” that the Russian launchers had been moved into Ukraine, said the official.

The official’s comments, made on condition of anonymity to speak about intelligence matters, came as a top Ukrainian counterintelligence official said his service has conclusive proof that Russia supplied the missile that shot down Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 over territory controlled by the separatists.

Aviation investigators from around the world were converging on Kiev on Saturday hoping to begin their work, but it remained unclear when they would gain full access to a mammoth site deep in rebel-held territory in the eastern part of the country. Ukrainian officials warned that the chance for an impartial inquiry was quickly slipping away as bodies were moved and at least some plane remnants were loaded onto trucks.

International observers were allowed only brief access to the site on Saturday and were restricted in their movements by the heavily armed rebels, some of whom appeared drunk, witnesses said.

wahington post
edit on 7/20/14 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

(post by SirDrinksalot removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Nochzwei

You only need 1 person to make the order, and then sit back and watch the world come to their own conclusion, whilst this is happening you can go on your merry way doing what ever you need to do without interruption.
Some of the best magicians work for the various governments around the world.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Strange reporting this?

What do you expect from rebels - garlanding of European heroes. The ones who are firing at them. Strange.

Thick propaganda this, completely forgetting that we are talking about a war zone, with significant hostilities going on right now.

I am rather relieved that The war zone will be free from commercial aviation now so that more serious business of shooting down Ukrainian warplanes can be done without interference.

Kiev thinks it still has control of the airspace over Donetsk. Sometimes a shock treatment is good to throw somebody to solid ground.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 04:15 AM
link   

At this point ....after a pause to see what Putin does..
The west should start arming Ukraine..

Also at the first opportunity have them join NATO.

Screw Putin he's a liar and a thug.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Hmmm... loads of planes flew pass or near the area.

Is the transponder working? Or does the rebels have any equipment to do pick up transponder signals?

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Humster

Is it not interesting that rebels would choose MH17 ONLY to fire at?? Wierd.

It is quite possible that Ukrainian warplanes were there in that area at that time.

Russians are making up a story no doubt but that does not mean Ukraine is not making up one.

(post by GargIndia removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 04:38 AM
link   
There are many, many different threads about this....so I've plumped to post this here as it was the first thread on this topic......I think.....

U.S. Government Lied to Pretend that Accidental Russian Shootdown of Commercial Plane Was Intentional … Three Decades Ago

The U.S. press might pause to recall how it’s been manipulated by the U.S. government in the past, including three decades ago by the Reagan administration twisting the facts of the KAL-007 tragedy.

In that case, a Soviet fighter jet shot down a Korean Air Line plane on Sept. 1, 1983, after it strayed hundreds of miles off course and penetrated some of the Soviet Union’s most sensitive airspace over military facilities in Kamchatka and Sakhalin Island.

Over Sakhalin, KAL-007 was finally intercepted by a Soviet Sukhoi-15 fighter. The Soviet pilot tried to signal the plane to land, but the KAL pilots did not respond to the repeated warnings. Amid confusion about the plane’s identity — a U.S. spy plane had been in the vicinity hours earlier — Soviet ground control ordered the pilot to fire. He did, blasting the plane out of the sky and killing all 269 people on board.

The Soviets soon realized they had made a horrendous mistake. U.S. intelligence also knew from sensitive intercepts that the tragedy had resulted from a blunder, not from a willful act of murder ….

But a Soviet admission of a tragic blunder regarding KAL-007 wasn’t good enough for the Reagan administration, which saw the incident as a propaganda windfall. At the time, the felt imperative in Washington was to blacken the Soviet Union in the cause of Cold War propaganda and to escalate tensions with Moscow.

Falsifying the Case

To make the very blackest case against Moscow, the Reagan administration suppressed the exculpatory evidence from the U.S. electronic intercepts. The U.S. mantra became “the deliberate downing of a civilian passenger plane.” Newsweek ran a cover emblazoned with the headline “Murder in the Sky.”

“The Reagan administration’s spin machine began cranking up,” wrote Alvin A. Snyder, then-director of the U.S. Information Agency’s television and film division, in his 1995 book, Warriors of Disinformation.

USIA Director Charles Z. Wick “ordered his top agency aides to form a special task force to devise ways of playing the story overseas. The objective, quite simply, was to heap as much abuse on the Soviet Union as possible,” Snyder recalled.
Snyder noted that “the American media swallowed the U.S. government line without reservation. Said the venerable Ted Koppel on the ABC News ‘Nightline’ program: ‘This has been one of those occasions when there is very little difference between what is churned out by the U.S. government propaganda organs and by the commercial broadcasting networks.’”

On Sept. 6, 1983, the Reagan administration went so far as to present a doctored transcript of the intercepts to the United Nations Security Council (a prelude to a similar false presentation two decades later by Secretary of State Colin Powell on Iraq’s alleged weapons of mass destruction).

US Government lied

I am not taking sides.
I remember the days when no finger pointing was done by the MSM until they got the FACTS.
They're even talking 'conspiracy theories'......good bloody god......they're amateurs at the 'conspiracy' game.
And as to this destroying Putins reputation.....what utter bollocks! Read an article over on Zerohedge yesterday with worlds political leaders rankings at home.....had a look....can't find it. Grrrrrrrrrr.

.......I hope Putin is being quiet because he is gathering the Intel to blow all these accusations out of the water, and if indeed this all does goes back to the Russian separatists getting their hands on ground to air capable missiles, that he's man enough to say so and do something to distance the rest of Russia from them and hang them out to dry......................Russians have very long memories.............

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: droid56
Those that do not have any interest in the truth are dominant in this thread. Is their bias centered on their political orientation, or their nationalistic orientation, or their who pays them orientation?

I don't know the answer. But I've spent hours reading and thinking, and I have concluded that this is likely a false flag part of a very long term plan to gain control of the world. Powerful people with very long term plans.

It may not occur to you but this post is incredibly arrogant. Anyone who has an opinion or thought on this issue that does not agree with you "do not have any interest in the truth". According to you, you've thought long and hard and all you have come up with is "false flag"? And OTHER people are wrong because they come to a different conclusion, or continue to reserve judgment?

Since "False Flag!" is the favourite knee-jerk reaction to anything controversial that happens these days I find it very ironic that your assertion that "other people are wrong and have an agenda", but your thoughtful analysis concluding in "False Flag! and whoever doesn't agree are wrong" is supposed to be taken seriously.

(post by SirDrinksalot removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: SirDrinksalot

Regardless of what you think of their government, not all Russian people are bad. It is incorrect and unfair to judge an entire country based on their Government.

Many Russians are good people. These rebels or the one giving the orders does not represent the beliefs, feelings and actions of 145 million people.

If that were true then 300 million Americans must be just like Obama or John Kerry.

This was a despicable act and it may make you sick and angry, but to condemn an entire country as you have because of it is not accurate or fair.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 05:14 AM
link   
What are the rebels hiding? Are we one step closer to foreign military intervention? Meanwhile, Russia keeps on supplying the rebels with weapons.

www.ndtv.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: SirDrinksalot

originally posted by: GargIndia

originally posted by: rigel4

At this point ....after a pause to see what Putin does..
The west should start arming Ukraine..

Also at the first opportunity have them join NATO.

Screw Putin he's a liar and a thug.

This is exactly what the Doctor ordered. Please do what you just said.

Shut down Putin and arm Ukraine. Please do this right now. Dont wait. Fools like you will bring down the West.

I sense the sarcasm in your post...

The only thing Russia has are numbers of worthless bullet catchers and a third world country. Its sad because it could be so much more. Under Putin, the Russians have taken a big step backwards, as have those who want to be part of Russia (current Russia).

All of those videos released about the SAM system, show a poor and # 3rd world country with the ability and inhumanity to shoot down a civilian airline and loot their remains.

No value of human life or so poor they have to fight their own natural urges just to live, because Russia is a piss poor country to live in.

I think the United Nations should raise a complaint that people who live in Russia or their allies, live in conditions that civilised western countries wouldnt subject their dogs to.

YES, if my dog tried to root through a dead person, their belongings and their cause of death I would discipline it and move it away, but you scum are walking the street....

Scum, lower than the lowest....

The history shows scums winning over the civilized ones many many times. War is a strange thing.

So please do what you preach.

The time of preach is over. Ukraine is dying for your arms. Please arm Ukraine to the teeth. Do it.

Let Ukraine be a smoldering radioactive grave if that is what to come.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 05:36 AM
link   
US need to send troops into ukraine and finish these inhuman pro russian rebels since ukrainian cant do their job

and if russia trying to help these rebels, US need to attack them too, destroy their war making capabilities and invade russia because they have dangerous WMD . If the russian resist the US should launch first strike nukes on all major russian cities and military bases.

if china interfere , nuke them too..

there's the true blue american solution to this problem.. next will be the announcement of new Draft for World War III.. you and your kids will be drafted and sent to russia and china fighting the evil communist..

ah i forget one thing..

maybe russia and china might retaliate and destroy american cities too, but dont worry , america still win because we kill more of them that they killed US citizen.. its not like Russian and Chinese population outnumber US population right ?

Sarcasm Aside, would be funny to see that the last american War was caused by Airline disaster, and the next world war will be started with another Airline disaster...

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Why is everyone bashing Russia and not the US? Lest we forget who changed the Ukrainian Government in the first place! Lest we forget who supplied Rebels on top of buildings who shot Ukrainians that aided the US and EU to change the Government!

Lest we forget who Poroshenko actually works for and has done so since 2005.

And can we ever forget who orchestrated 9/11?

So why is the US the innocent one in this case?

Flight MH17 Conjures MH370, Exposing Western Deception, Leading To More Questions

There are many questions surrounding the ‘downed’ Malaysian airliner MH17, one must keep their eyes peeled, as the volatile landscape within Ukraine and the Middle East is front and center with regards to this latest high-flying tragedy…

Malaysian Airlines flight MH17 was apparently bound from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur on Thursday evening and was said to have ‘disappeared’ from radar prior to crashing near the settlement of Grabovo, in Eastern Ukraine’s Donetsk region, with the deaths of all 298 members on the plane, after it was originally stated the count was 295.

The human tragedy is incomprehensible, and a very sad ordeal for the victims families. The the potential damage doesn’t end there, however, as Washington and its allies are working overtime to try and establish guilt in the court of public opinion. It’s the type of pretext event which could easily spiral geopolitical rivals further towards a military confrontation in the short term.

21stcenturywire.com...

This shoot down is not Russia's doing. This is another deception by the US and it's allies! And like when they deceived the people on 9/11 just so they can get to war in the Middle East this is another ploy to start a full scale war with Russia and it's allies!

This is way too obvious a False Flag!

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Al Jazeera reporting that the flight data recorders have been found..
We're edging towards the truth here.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: rigel4

It is unlikely data recorders will tell any truth. It is beyond doubt that the aircraft is shot down by a missile.

It wont answer who fired the missile as Ukraine and Russian weapons are similar and the missile is fired from Ukraine territory.

People are constantly forgetting that this area is a war zone. Planes get shot down in war zones. The constant argument over height of the plane and the weapons used is completely besides the point.

As far as I can see, MH17 is an unfortunate victim of warfare that is happening daily in that area.
edit on 20-7-2014 by GargIndia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Hilux1996
I agree with everything you wrote, but lately I have been thinking that it may all be even darker. I'm beginning to think that Russia is also one of the chess pieces controlled by the elite, and that Putin is playing along. One of the main reasons I think this is the whole Snowden situation. I am absolutely convinced that Snowden is a plant and that Russia is playing its part in this psy-op...

soulwaxer

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: rigel4
Al Jazeera reporting that the flight data recorders have been found..
We're edging towards the truth here.

Any word on who has them though? If they fall into Russian hands I'm betting that they'll be found to be 'malfunctioning'.

new topics

top topics

<< 114  115  116    118  119  120 >>

join