It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Malaysian passenger plane crashes in Ukraine near Russian border

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Reuters has this news also
Reuters

Earlier today there were a another news about Ukrainian military airplane shot down in a area ( from Russian border as it said ) If Putin is to blaime here.. this will be a countdown.

All airliners should start taking other path than Ukraine to their flying plans, even our country´s airlines flies through Ukraine to Greece, this is not a good area to fly through.

What are the odds Putin is behind this ? USA and EU just made more sanctions to Russia.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Here we Go...

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Oh no, this is all we need. I fear this is going to cause a domino effect, leading to WW3

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
All I hear is people talking about whether the plane was shot down on purpose. Has anyone given any thought to what could be done with 2 777s? I hope that plenty of wreckage is found of the 777 that just went down in Russia. If there is not, I would have a big problem with one airline having 2 jets "disappear" especially 2 of the most state of the art long range jets in the world. Passenger jets are allowed to fly right in to our biggest cities(NY LA) with no checks and it wouldn't be difficult to "replace" a 777 full of passengers with another full of weapons. I hope that the transponders in the planes are using state of the art encryption so that it would be impossible to fake a signal. Does anyone else think like this. Tom Clancy style nuclear attack???

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: jwilson
All I hear is people talking about whether the plane was shot down on purpose. Has anyone given any thought to what could be done with 2 777s? I hope that plenty of wreckage is found of the 777 that just went down in Russia. If there is not, I would have a big problem with one airline having 2 jets "disappear" especially 2 of the most state of the art long range jets in the world. Passenger jets are allowed to fly right in to our biggest cities(NY LA) with no checks and it wouldn't be difficult to "replace" a 777 full of passengers with another full of weapons. I hope that the transponders in the planes are using state of the art encryption so that it would be impossible to fake a signal. Does anyone else think like this. Tom Clancy style nuclear attack???

How about showing some respect for the passengers and crew who just died ..

Theres plenty of time later for the outrageous paranoid theories ..

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Ukraine interior minister confirms the plane was shot down..BBC news.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

What are the odds Putin is behind this ? USA and EU just made more sanctions to Russia.

What are the odds that the US is behind this?

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

I'll believe it when there's a little physical evidence. Both sides have way too much to gain by saying it was shot down by the other.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

How did the poster disrespect the dead?

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I mean no disrespect to anyone, but I thought something similar when the last 777 went down, so when the same airline loses another of the same model, it really concerns me. My post was not about the fact that a plane went down or the many lives lost. It is about my concerns for the millions of people that could be killed in an instant if 2 innocent looking jet liners detonated 100MT bombs over the 2 of biggest cities in the world- where ever they may be.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Trigger happy, poorly trained people, with sophisticated weapons.

My heart goes out to the families of those that perished in this horrible attack on innocent people...

Des

edit on 17-7-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: Expat888

How did the poster disrespect the dead?

Thank you, and I meant none.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: cleverhans

What are the odds that this is the same plane as MH370? That aircraft disappeared completely without a trace and now in an area of unpopular conflict another identical plane full of civilians is shot down. I remember reading in the MH370 thread that that plane was a long distance version, if this one were of the same type I would be asking alot of questions. I hope that doesn't sound too paranoid, but I see this being used for justification of an armed conflict.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: tranquilone666

Considering that Malaysia has something like 16 others, and flies a regular route through that region, I'd say the odds are pretty good that it's going to be the same kind.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
An early picture of the crash scene at distance, source The Guardian.

www.theguardian.com...

edit on 17-7-2014 by smurfy because: Link.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: skuly

It didn't crash, it was shot down.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

It looks a likely scenario when such systems are in the hands of the separatists. They have been boasting for weeks now about the SA-11 Buks they have captured from the Ukrainians. If they don't have a complete air picture all it takes is poor aircraft recognition and such a tragedy will take place.

Donetsk militia takes control of Ukrainian anti-air installation

The self-defense forces of Donetsk People’s Republic seized control of a Ukrainian anti-air military installation, RIA Novosti reports.

"The forces of Donetsk People’s Republic assumed control of A-1402 military base," the militia's representative said. According to him, it is an anti-aircraft missile forces facility equipped with Buk mobile surface-to-air missile systems.
During the last several days the militia took control of two internal security troops' installations in eastern Ukraine.

Voice of Russia link

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
We need more facts, but if the Russians downed the commercial airliner with 295 innocent civilians on board they need to be held accountable by the UN/World Council and be sanctioned to Armageddon, even if the world takes a financial hit as a result.

There are times when the world can come together and DE-escalate problems this should be one of them!

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: smurfy

I'll believe it when there's a little physical evidence. Both sides have way too much to gain by saying it was shot down by the other.

Me too, and of course they could say anything. Although I don't think in the long run, lying about it would be any advantage but this what the official/s are confirming.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

No no, I mean the exact same plane. Not just the type, I was stating that if they were both extended range 777's I would be asking questions because to me that would indicate a possible connection between the two incidents. It's just odd to me that a modern jetliner disappears and then a few months later another one of the same type and same airliner is shot down by the "other side" during a time of conflict in an area of conflict.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join