It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Forgotten freezer’ at FDA lab held more deadly biological agents than just smallpox

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
www.rawstory.com...

An investigation into the discovery of six vials of forgotten smallpox at a US government lab has turned up many more boxes containing infectious biological agents, US regulators said Wednesday.

“The investigation found 12 boxes containing a total of 327 carefully packaged vials labeled with names of various biological agents such as dengue, influenza, Q fever and rickettsia,” said the US Food and Drug Administration in a statement.

The boxes were discovered in the same cold storage area of an FDA lab on the campus of the National Institutes of Health where the half dozen smallpox vials were found on July 1.

I'm much more concerned about incompetence in the handling of biological and chemical weapons than any terrorist attack.
If for some reason there is a long period of no electrics; will this offer an opportunity for containment breach in National and private labs holding toxins, bacteria, viruses and other types of nastys.

“All of the items labeled as infectious agents found in the collection of samples were stored in glass, heat-sealed vials that were well-packed, intact and free of any leakage, and there is no evidence that anyone was exposed to these agents.”

I have lost all confidence in all thing connected with the government. They don't have a great record of telling the truth!!!
edit on 17-7-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
www.rawstory.com...

An investigation into the discovery of six vials of forgotten smallpox at a US government lab has turned up many more boxes containing infectious biological agents, US regulators said Wednesday.

“The investigation found 12 boxes containing a total of 327 carefully packaged vials labeled with names of various biological agents such as dengue, influenza, Q fever and rickettsia,” said the US Food and Drug Administration in a statement.

The boxes were discovered in the same cold storage area of an FDA lab on the campus of the National Institutes of Health where the half dozen smallpox vials were found on July 1.

I'm much more concerned about incompetence in the handling of biological and chemical weapons than any terrorist attack.
If for some reason there is a long period of no electrics; will this offer an opportunity for containment breach in National and private labs holding toxins, bacteria, viruses and other types of nastys.

“All of the items labeled as infectious agents found in the collection of samples were stored in glass, heat-sealed vials that were well-packed, intact and free of any leakage, and there is no evidence that anyone was exposed to these agents.”

I have lost all confidence in all thing connected with the government. They don't have a great record of telling the truth!!!

Good to know they are all safe right in my home town now. One of the things I hate most about living in Atlanta is the CDC being here. If something bad happened, we are ground zero....wooohooo!

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
So I was just worried about nuclear weapons in the hands of madmen.Now biologicals and imbeciles?

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Lab I worked at had Anthrax, Cholera, Tularemia and Brucellosis sitting in a liquid nitrogen tank out in the warehouse that had its door open all day with just a bike lock on it

Plague well it dosnt like cold so much so we kept it in a freeze dry state in a unlocked cupboard with no log book O and when I was sent to sort the draws out half the vials were smashed and the insides all over the place

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Fact is in most labs the storage and cleaning up is left to the newbie lab tec just starting in the job and they are paid absolute crap.

So they get what they pay for basicaly. Crap work.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

That's comforting...

I spend some time in a lab that had vx like organophosphates stored in a freezer with a door to the street 10 feet away. not even a bike lock.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

Even more comforting.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I wonder what doomsday virus's/bios reside in the bowels of some government or academic building.

as TS Eliot said in "The Hollow Men"

"not with a bang but a whimper"

www.shmoop.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
This is the kind of information that government is famous for going to great lengths to hide, and if they can't hide it they make up some convoluted lie to cover it up.

That begs the question:WHY are they giving this so much publicity? They certainly aren't trying to promote faith in our government.
Time to read between the lines. Who benefits from this public fear-mongering?
One thing that comes to my mind is a DELIBERATE release of one of these hazards, and then the 'official' story would be some sort of accidental release.

With the influx from South America, the system is going to be overwhelmed without some sort of population reduction.

top topics

join