It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if we are wrong

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
This is what I struggle with. Although the alien theory is pretty much accepted my the majority of people around the world, there is still that underlying what if component. I think the vast majority of people will simply outright panic. It would nullify all religious beliefs and most peoples ideological foundations. Chaos would be a mild statement.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

Very interesting indeed. Need to research some of those names.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueMule

No it's not plausible. The UFO phenomenon is far, far older than black ops

With all due respect, I think it is very plausible.
Aliens interaction recorded in our history shows rather limited interaction with mankind. What better coverup for experimenting on human beings by government entities than to make us think 'aliens' are doing it?
We now know science can wipe out a persons memory, and can implant false memories....and we know that TPTB are not above using humans as guinea pigs.

Military around the world are trying to develop/perfect cloaking. One could assume any ET's would already have perfected such technology, and would have no reason to 'show' themselves.

There's a good chance that we ARE being observed, but if anyone/thing of an advanced nature is doing any observing I doubt they would let us know.

I go with US.gov.

edit on 400000011America/Chicago311 by nugget1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Of course there is also the other line of thought that aliens are giving the government technology in exchange for something they want (gold possibly) and they are trying to make us dependent on that technology so that if we ever get out of control they can just pull the plug and put us back in our place.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: haarvik

Of course there is also the other line of thought that aliens are giving the government technology in exchange for something they want

What could they possibly want that they haven't passed a thousand times over getting here ? , that line of thought is full of holes.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Who knows...maybe some mineral or something. Until all of the cards are laid out on the table, I don't think anything can be ruled out.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
What, they come down, and everyone burns due to their...Demonic or Angelic(take ur pick) presence for not going to church?

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Suppose for a moment that the "black ops" segment of the government is behind all of this.

Blue Mule is right, "all of this" is way older than "black ops". "All of this" is a process that is natural to human beings. Anyone or thing trying to "get in" has to use techniques that are congruent to that system of "all of this" or they aren't getting in.

So that would make the grand arbiters of "all of this"...?

That's right, Us.

Stuff gets in to "all of this" for two reasons: 1. We are easily put in to a disscociative state by shiny objects, and 2. We seem to forget that when confronted with a dicotomy we can always choose to remain in a state of active disbelief.

edit on 17-7-2014 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
My beliefs in this subject are too broad and unspecific to be wrong. The only way I could be wrong is in the sense that this whole mystery is entirely man made without an extraterrestrial component. Too many credible UFO reports and my own sightings with my own eyes. So I can never be dissuaded that the subject has no validity.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Of course there is also the other line of thought that aliens are giving the government technology in exchange for something they want

What could they possibly want that they haven't passed a thousand times over getting here ? , that line of thought is full of holes.

Well what is on earth that is not anywhere else, that we know of?

Us. Maybe we are more special than some of us think...

I've heard a few reasons. We are God's favored creation. We have royal et genes/blood inside us from our creators. Our capacity to feel emotions. Without knowing all the details of our history there could be a lot of reasons we might be considered very interesting.

Maybe its not so full of holes after all. I'm actually kind of surprised you didn't think of that (us) when asking your question. Unless you think they passed thousands of planets, moons etc, with human beings on the way here. But then, that's kind of normal for an atheistic, science minded individual to think of human life as "nothing special". Which is also what makes it so dangerous. Don't get me wrong. I love science as well.

But science without spirituality doesn't make sense to me. I value life. And whether we are the most advanced thing around or not, I believe there is nothing like human life. Maybe the highly advanced lifeforms are missing something. I hear a lot about a lack of emotions in the stories I hear. Maybe these " advanced" forms of life don't value life so much either...

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

I'm actually kind of surprised you didn't think of that (us) when asking your question.

We are special to us just as another civilisation is special to themselves , I think it's a bit egotistical to think we are any more special than other sentient species out there.
Your God is special to you but I very much doubt he / it would register to an extraterrestrial as anything other than a quaint belief of a technologically inferior species , I'm sure there would be far more interesting species out there than us.

I hear a lot about a lack of emotions in the stories I hear

Until someone can prove they have actually met an ET those stories are just stories.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

From all my years of digging, I'd say there are several un/likely scenarios that could be taking place regarding this phenomena. Yet I'd wager that these scenarios could also be very much intertwined as well.

1) All man-made technology; since the '40s and on massive black budget programs have been utilized for military and surveillance purposes- trickling down into civilian hands only rarely. From anti-gravity to advanced cloning, there would be little under the sun that these organizations have not delved into in order to meet the general criteria for explaining the UFO phenomena.
^ In my opinion, some of this is very spot on, but to what extent I obviously can only speculate! What I would guarantee is, regardless of how compartmentalized this information and tech could be --- surely these people would view reality in such an advanced way that mankind would be considered no more than cattle to them. Ahem, looks like there's plenty of evidence for that already.

2) Another civilization has sent out "drones" all across the galaxies, and we are merely one of many sanctuaries for life. Some of us are occasionally bagged and tagged, but for the most part we server no greater role other than mere curiosity to passer-by, albeit highly advanced ones.
^ This makes a lot of sense to me, but at the same time it doesn't quite "fit the bill". I think there's more to it.

3) Mankind sent out warning shots when we detonated our first bombs- which sent out shockwaves across the neighborhood. Our kindly neighbors, realizing the kids had found the matches, have been monitoring us ever since. For the most part, their role is non-invasive and they merely observe us. Blindly we war with eachother, not realizing the possible effects our goings on could have to the rest of the solar system.

4) They are a species that has existed far longer than we have, and are actually not from another planet at all. Confused as ghosts, fairies, and everything in between- this highly advanced species has been feeding off of us for thousands of years. They run our civilizations, and shepherd us for their well-being. Perhaps we serve as nothing more than batteries, or conductors for energy.... And simply put, they are harvesting that energy to prolong their lives or power their crafts.

5) They are the midwives, the wardens. Call it an incubator, call it a prison- mankind as a whole has been grown like a culture on planet earth, among many other species on earth we have been tailored to evolve in a specific way to suit the needs of our "creators". The aliens keep us in check, making sure we don't drift too far when we dream (literally and figuratively). I'd call this scenario the "dark city" or "matrix" - where we are still very much in our infancy as a species, and of course there is an illusive species that has cultivated us to mature in a desired way. Maybe they are bored and want someone to talk to? Or maybe...

Scenario 6) They are us from the future, and though they can not interfere with history- they can observe and attempt to catalog the history of our species. Perhaps they have evolved for so long out in space, that they are almost unrecognizable to the human race. Maybe they are here to understand the nature of the soul.

Then there's one that I really like, where they are actually just a species that is an advanced animal. The most interesting aspect of the UFO phenomena for me are the "foo fighters", golden orbs. I personally have seen them, and I know many who live in Northern California who have seen them as well. Interestingly, they seem to reside near oceans. Perhaps these are not crafts at all, but the very entities themselves! Every year we discover new ways for life to exist, as these years go on we will continue to be humbled by these discoveries. Tardigrades can survive in nuclear reactors, out in space, deep oceans... So perhaps what we are looking at is a radiation-based lifeform? This could explain the witnesses who have suffered from radiation poisoning after the sighting.

... So there ya go, my hastilly written rundown on some scenarios that I like to entertain.
I could go on, but what's the point? I'm sure this isn't the first time you've heard of these theories!

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
WE are property, being raised for production of "loosh" our negative emotions are the drug of choice by the beings that currently hold the lease on earth. Loosh is stored in a box on the moon.

The cosmos is much more complex than monkeys with guns can understand! !!

edit on 17-7-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

WE are property, being raised for production of "loosh" our negative emotions are the drug of choice by the beings that currently hold the lease on earth. Loosh is stored in a box on the moon.

That's a rare fairy tale. Have you ever tried to suss out the roots of it?

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   

I think it is plausible, but i also think its a combination of both. I think that most UFO's that we think are alien that people are recording and reporting of seeing is our own creations and not alien. I think that maybe 0.5% of our sightings are alien. I also read about something that Eisenhower made an agreement with an alien race that they could abduct 1 million of our people in exchange for technology (not sure if this is true or not). But since we are according to the Sumarians a hybrid race of humans and annunaki, it would make sense to me that the annunaki would be interested in seeing how we progress. I think both are still going on. I even saw a theory out there that suggest that the grays are the illumanati from the future of a different timeline where 12/21/2012 did have catastrophic events and the illumanati survived underground and after 40,000+ years they ended up looking like the greys and their DNA was messed up big time, so they time travel to our timeline so they can try to fix their DNA by experimenting with ours, again its just a theory. But good post and thoughts OP

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bybyots

That's a rare fairy tale. Have you ever tried to suss out the roots of it?

IF memory serves. ... John Keel. Of Moth man fame

edit on 17-7-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
i think 'we' were wrong when eisenhower signed the wrong deal with the wrong ETs.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Yeah, it's a good one. I know it through Robert Monroe's books and Val Valerian.

"Loosh" is likely a corruption of G.I. Gurdjieff''s "Looisos". Looisos is the "angel" that helped the "three-brained beings" (us, humans) of Earth come to be.

Apparently we three-brained beings produce two fluids called "Abrustdonis" and "Helkdonis". Those two are mixed together to make "Askokin" which is shipped off planet for consumption by The Moon/s.

But according to Gurdjieff it is suppose to work like that, and if we don't cooperate by engaging in "conscious work" and "intentional suffering", The Moon will find other ways to extract its food, namely lots of war and strife.

edit on 17-7-2014 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Senators

Too many assumptions. And all based on the example of earth and the human race.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I entertained the idea that there might be some truth to the ETH for years before the advent of the internet simply because it was difficult to get objective information.

Unfortunately, all of the best cases presented by the proponents of the ETH fall apart under close scrutiny.

After years of false claims, misidentifications, admitted government Psyops exploiting peoples belief in the phenomena etc. I feel comfortable in saying that to the best of my knowledge there is currently no evidence in the public domain to support claims of visitation.

Claims like Roswell 1947, Malmstrom Echo flight 1967, Rendlesham Forest 1980, JAL flight 1628 over Alaska in 1986, Phoenix AZ 1997 all have evidence supporting plausible explanations rooted in the mundane.

Space is huge and in my opinion life is not unique to Earth however by virtue of the sheer number of solar systems in our Galaxy alone coupled with the distances involved between systems make physical extraterrestrial contact all the more unlikely.
edit on 17-7-2014 by Drunkenparrot because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join