It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human Testing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2002 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Do any of you know about what type of testing on humans is going on?

posted on Aug, 8 2002 @ 11:04 PM
link   
There's a bunch of human testing going on -- was researching for a medical condition my daughter suffers from and came up with 10 or 20 websites listing clinical trials and tests on this problem. I know they advertise for volunteers here in Dallas for various clinical trials, including diabetes.

At any large university there will also be human testing going on -- everything from sports medicine to education to psychological stuff.

Medical schools have a lot of testing as well, though some of it is more historical (taking patient cases).

And drug companies often have HUGE studies... the Framingham Heart Study is following some 10,000 (?) (3,000(?)) people.

posted on Aug, 8 2002 @ 11:04 PM
link   
There's a bunch of human testing going on -- was researching for a medical condition my daughter suffers from and came up with 10 or 20 websites listing clinical trials and tests on this problem. I know they advertise for volunteers here in Dallas for various clinical trials, including diabetes.

At any large university there will also be human testing going on -- everything from sports medicine to education to psychological stuff.

Medical schools have a lot of testing as well, though some of it is more historical (taking patient cases).

And drug companies often have HUGE studies... the Framingham Heart Study is following some 10,000 (?) (3,000(?)) people.

posted on Aug, 9 2002 @ 11:10 PM
link   
i wonder if the military does any human testing? volunteery or not.... any one heard of that one?

posted on Aug, 9 2002 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Let's see...

A couple of notable times that even made it into mainstream news:
After WW II, military personel was "volunteered" to be exposed to nuclear fallout.
During the Gulf War, experimental drugs were used to combat the effects of chemical warfare; Even though the brass was warned that those drugs were *not* to be taken unless exposure had already taken place, they *ordered* most personel to take those drugs without being exposed & many times, it wasn't entered into their medical records that they had done so. Government's faced (& still facing) tons of lawsuits for the permanent health damage that those drugs caused.

Like I said, these are just *2* notable cases...Probably lots more exist. Maybe even a lot of downright *illegal* testing is being done. However, if I knew anything about that, I would be SOL if I told about it...

posted on Aug, 10 2002 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Yes, human testing happens, but on wrong people. Use death penalty or life sentance people for it. Or, as someone once said, hard labor instead of death penalty. Of course, my opinion is give them death, since the law doesn't allow hard labor, but anyways...

Test people like Manson, we know he isn't ever getting out, so test him for say, a heart transplant with a pig heart to see side effects/long term, or drugs. Have a drug to cure cancer? There is an actual drug that causes cancer in animals, including humans, so give Manson some then test the drug to cure it. If it doesn't, try another. Because he killed many, now use him to save many. Perfect punishment, he killed people, so now have him save people.

posted on Sep, 7 2002 @ 06:09 AM
link   
heh
man
hahaha manson killed alot of people?
dont people know anything?
manson never killed anyone! it was his followers who killed!
just like hitler, he never killed anyone.

posted on Sep, 7 2002 @ 07:26 AM
link   
WHAT TYPE OF TESTING AREN'T THEY DOING ?

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

top topics

join