It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spirituality of the Gods?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Do they contemplate their own existence? We are lead to believe (at least in some cases) that they (depending on religion) created everything, and before them nothing existed. It is clear they have their own free will, and thoughts, feelings, etc. Very human in many regards. Naturally that would extend to contemplating their own existence.

So what do you think? Does God, or do the Gods also wonder about their own origins? Or ask why anything exists? Or how it exists? Do you think they just "woke up" one day as the supreme creator, or as whatever role they play?

What kind of belief systems do you think they have? If any.
edit on 16-7-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I think that God (in my belief) is just there. Forever there, from the beginning and always will be.

But here is a VERY interesting read for anyone. About Gods, life, and reaching divinity.

highdeas.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 04:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer
Do they contemplate their own existence? We are lead to believe (at least in some cases) that they (depending on religion) created everything, and before them nothing existed. It is clear they have their own free will, and thoughts, feelings, etc. Very human in many regards. Naturally that would extend to contemplating their own existence.

So what do you think? Does God, or do the Gods also wonder about their own origins? Or ask why anything exists? Or how it exists? Do you think they just "woke up" one day as the supreme creator, or as whatever role they play?

What kind of belief systems do you think they have? If any.

I really like the question that you have put forth here. I too have pondered whether or not a divine being, if they existed or not, would question their own divinity.

I have always thought that if the universe is around 13 billion years old, then species of great intellect and ability would have come and passed, and maybe even survived to this day ?

Maybe divinity is a state that a intelligent conscious species attains after being alive for millions and billions of years? Human may to one day reach this state ?

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
For the purposes of this discussion, I will suspend my disbelief and imagine a universe where Earth is ruled by such a being. In that scenario, I would imagine that it be only natural for a god to have a "higher up", so to speak.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: AfterInfinity

Personally, I'm not sure what I believe. All Ik is I don't follow any religion.

Maybe OT God's higher up reprimanded him for some of the crazier things he was doing and fired him, giving Jesus his old position!

Seriously though, I think it would be only natural for any conscience being to ponder these types questions.
edit on 17-7-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer
a reply to: AfterInfinity

Personally, I'm not sure what I believe. All Ik is I don't follow any religion.

Maybe OT God's higher up reprimanded him for some of the crazier things he was doing and fired him, giving Jesus his old position!

Seriously though, I think it would be only natural for any conscience being to ponder these types questions.

Maybe we're just an old, abandoned science experiment. Or maybe we're the trivial byproduct of another science experiment that ended long ago, along with all interest in us.
edit on 17-7-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

The Eternal does not need to wonder about its 'birth' since there is none for The Eternal.

The Eternal would not question anything about existence since The Eternal sees all things come to birth and die.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

I'd say we would have no way to know what goes through "it's" mind.

new topics

top topics

join