It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is Russia Gearing Up for Something Bigger?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t
Do you realize how incredibly difficult it would be to invade the USA? Did you forget how powerful our navy is?

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

Exactly, Putin is trying to rebuild USSR.

No one is going to sit by and watch that happened. USSR failed for a reason. Putin needs to deal.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: cry93
a reply to: sdcigarpig

Exactly, Putin is trying to rebuild USSR.

No one is going to sit by and watch that happened. USSR failed for a reason. Putin needs to deal.

Is he. Have Putin told that he is trying to rebuild USSR?

Or is that just gosip been handed to you from someone else?

Our media is all proUSA/EU. Its like its only Russia who is involved in this conflict, havent you noticed that?
Our media is not mentioning much about the proUSA/EU Accept that they are trying to settle the Ukraine Problem peacefully. How honest do you think that is?

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: spy66
No, no one has told me, but if you look at where the interest of Putin happens to be, it is back to the old borders and allies of the Soviet Union.

The old Warsaw block and Soviet territories were chosen for very specific reasons, there was a lot of strategic interest in those areas. Russia does not have any warm water ports, that it can operate out of all year long, and when the Soviet Union broke apart, many of those parts, went with those break away republic and countries. To get that back and maintain a military presence, it needs both the territory and the resources that go around with such. But to trim line it down, it is very selected targets and areas, that way it would be able to flex its military muscles again, but in a slow cautious way.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   

It is awfully ignorant and presumptuous of you to assume that I only read and follow US news sources.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Russia just shot down 2 more Ukranian military jets.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Haven't you heard? Putin's got the biggest one of all. No topping that..
He probably really believes it because all the hookers tell him that crap.
He's always trying to make it look bigger by some scheme, and is going to
push the issue his is bigger then America's..

Just don't make America show him up because I know we could..

Russia's headline reads today: Is America gearing up for something bigger?

Always.. Same with them.
edit on 23-7-2014 by starfoxxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Vilkata

In regard to the question "Is Russia gearing up for something bigger?"

There is a theory - advanced primarily by Anatoliy Golitsyn (KGB defector), Yuri Bezmenov, et. al. - and supported by several other former KGB agents, plus others in our own intelligence organizations, and various other political analysts, such as JR Nyquist) - that there is a long-range plan (in place and in progress) for communist domination of the West.

It's an interesting theory. Yuri Bezmenov gave an interesting interview back in the '80's (available on YouTube, and worth watching) regarding infiltration plans (academia, political, social, economic) to weaken/cripple the West from within. Golitsyn's books (New Lies For Old, The Perestroika Deception) elaborate on the long-range plan, which includes ideas of "convergence" and also a Sino-Soviet collaborative military potential involving first-strike capabilities against the West. Those books are also worth reading.

James Angleton (head of counter-intelligence in the CIA at the time Golitsyn defected) believed Golitsyn was legit, and Angleton was a very sharp cookie. There is a lot of fascinating internet reading out there about all this stuff. Golitsyn posited that the USSR would even possibly "fake" its own demise, predicted with uncanny accuracy several future moves of the USSR, and even speculated that the Berlin Wall would come down - all in an effort to lull the West to sleep, in regard to maintaining NATO, nuclear arms readiness, etc.

Golitsyn's claims and legitimacy have been vetted by several sources, but there is still a lot of doubt out there. It's definitely a fascinating rabbit trail. A lot of people think Nosenko was "sent" to the US as a "defector" to discredit Golitsyn, and convince our intelligence agencies that a) there is no long-range Soviet plan to crush the West, and b) Oswald was not KGB, therefore nullifying the idea that Kennedy's assassination was an act of war committed with Russian foreknowledge/planning.

Putin's alliance to the [former] KGB is well-known & verified. The USA's decline (economically, politically, socially) is clearly evident.

I find Bezmenov's interview/claims very interesting. Other good reading along this line would be the essays of Robert L. Kocher - he posted a great series of essays at solopassion.com about 'Obama's Long March to Marxism', or something like that. I read it a while back in its entirety (Kocher has put it all together, it's very thorough) and enjoyed it quite a bit. He makes a convincing case for the influence of the Frankfurt School on the US socio-political (and geopolitical) landscape.
edit on 23-7-2014 by Stuyvesant because: grammar/clarification

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
All people looking at the Russia / Ukraine topics here should definitely take a look at this new thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

New information (or disinformation) on a sophisticated psychological warfare program of the Russians.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 05:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: ALoveSupreme
All people looking at the Russia / Ukraine topics here should definitely take a look at this new thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

New information (or disinformation) on a sophisticated psychological warfare program of the Russians.

That's the way to try and derail topics.

So if one angle simply does not work, then looky here, more bad Russians just for you, quick, run and get your daily dose of hate and fear!

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 05:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: cry93

It is awfully ignorant and presumptuous of you to assume that I only read and follow US news sources.

I am sorry if i have offended you or anyone else. But i think this Ukrainian event is very much linked to this video. Listen to what is being said, especially from 2 min, 43 sec. to 3 min, 56 sec. The US are working on something here and want it glued before the Russians start to work behind the scene.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   

edit on 25-7-2014 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join