It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is Russia Gearing Up for Something Bigger?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Ok, so here is a possible way to interpret recent events.

Old news for most on here, the US is on the verge of economic collapse and in several extended wars with no end in sight. Russia has been steadily but quietly rebuilding.

The American disarmament of Syrian chemical capabilities is an example of the US trying to maintain dominance over Russian allies in the region.

Russia pays off Snowden to spill embarrassing info on the US government just in time to put them on the defensive while the Russians have the added distraction of the Olympics. No one notices them gearing up for war.

Shortly after, apparently unrelated to each other, uprisings in Ukraine allow Russia to annex large amounts of the country, followed by uprisings in Iraq diminish American holdings. Each of these uprisings has been undertaken by apparently local but well trained and armed groups.

What's next?

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Russia is going to cut off our Vodka supply.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

That stinks, guess I'll have to switch to rum or whiskey

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

Then Idaho will cut off their potato supply. How far are they willing to go?

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   
If you look at what the targets are, Russia is trying to rebuild the old Soviet Union and recreate the states it once had and held sway over. By rejoining such, it will have the assets of such all at its disposal, and create a military/economic bloc that it can use to exploit and hold counter balance to those it perceives as a threat.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

I prefer whiskey myself. But Vodka does make good Jello Shooters.

Would be a shame.

I think the things the OP has brought up has been discussed quite a bit in other threads over the past 2 months though. A lot of ideas thrown around (and massive arguments).

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vilkata
Ok, so here is a possible way to interpret recent events.

Old news for most on here, the US is on the verge of economic collapse and in several extended wars with no end in sight. Russia has been steadily but quietly rebuilding.

The American disarmament of Syrian chemical capabilities is an example of the US trying to maintain dominance over Russian allies in the region.

Russia pays off Snowden to spill embarrassing info on the US government just in time to put them on the defensive while the Russians have the added distraction of the Olympics. No one notices them gearing up for war.

Shortly after, apparently unrelated to each other, uprisings in Ukraine allow Russia to annex large amounts of the country, followed by uprisings in Iraq diminish American holdings. Each of these uprisings has been undertaken by apparently local but well trained and armed groups.

What's next?

Your questiion should be : which another military adventure will US trying to start ?

Russia is defending its nation from NATO's illegal enroachment of Ukraine.. USA is playing with fire with their cover involvment in Ukraine.. Just wait for the expected vengeance via terrorist proxy in US soil later in the near future.. where Russia+China+Iran collaborate to destabilize US security by activating their terrorist cells inside USA..

You now know the reason why Homeland Security boought so any ammunition ..

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
If Russia wants to see America destroyed their best strategy is to step back and wait. I seriously doubt they could inflict more damage than what is being self inflicted, beyond nuclear war of course but in that scenario they lose everything too.
edit on 16-7-2014 by john452 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Russia isn't in a position of power compared to us they are still building up. It's the same game as the Cold War all over again.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Vilkata

Well if self-fulfilling prophecy has anything to say about it, I'd say the Russians and either ISIS or the Saudis are going to stomp the crap out of Israel. It would be the card I would play, if I were Putin.

It collapses the world financial markets, forces the US and Europe to either submit or go balls to wall because of MAD. I am quite sure the US puppet government would rush to support Israel and blame it on Iran and/or ISIS. The US would probably launch a strike on Iran and/or ISIS in which case, of course the Russians would retaliate with probably EMP weapons sending the US back to the stone age. The last chess pieces might just be being moved on the board. China will sit back, laugh and wait for the dust to clear.

Old Chinese proverb, "If you sit on the bank of the river long enough, you will see the dead body of your enemy float by."

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   
In the end the USA are not psychologically ready to accept the concept of a real world war inflicted upon them and on the US soil. All these times and even in world war 1 & 2 there's never been any major attack on US mainland. This lead to a false sense of security and the US leaders think they can mess around with the world without ruining their land.

Witness how USA trying to provoke russia into a regional war. the US leaders assume the next war with russia will happen on European soil and not on US soil. So they keep provoking and provoking thinking that if worse come to worst it will be the european that shoulder the damage from the war.

im sure in the next war , there will be attacks on US mainland designed to morally destroy the american public will to fight. There wont be any help coming from EU as these European will stay back and they will support anyone who win the war.

The Enemies of USA wont be foolishly stand toe-to-toe against US military , they will attack USA from all front especially the major weakness of USA , their economy. The current status of Dollar as world reserve currency will be shaken and once it fall it will be like an avalance when every other nation in the world dump US Dollars.. Without funding the great military might of USA will be reduced to rusted skeletons in massive military graveyards all around the world. With the Economy and military might of USA gone, the Leaders of the world will be the EU again and the remaining US assets will be divided amongst the victors.

We are already in World War 3. Currently in the Economic Wars Phase. The Shooting Phase will be in the near future.. Grab the popcorn now !

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

The civllians would be down mil spec gear is shielded from that and SUBMARINES will respond rather quickly,not to mention EMP will not stop GUNS once we find out WHO did it from orbit.
Nor mentioning AT ALL what EXACTLY we have in orbit.
We still are better at killing than the rest,our numbers, tech and skills prove it.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Everytime I think of obama and putin Rocky 4 comes to mind. There is only so far a country can be backed into a corner before they do something defensive. I expect Ukraine to be feeling the wrath of some precision Russian Missiles.....just to show off the capability. Especially since that whole shelling incident and the rest of the border issues. If everyone is going to sanction him he might as well just invade them and force NATO's hand. Obama's no Rocky, definitely Apollo creed.....and we saw how that worked out for Apollo.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Vilkata

I think the the Russians will just keep needling the Ukraine, odd bit of help for the separatists here and there, build up of troops and equipment on the borders, a bit of sabre rattling, but nothing more...I hope.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   
The US just makes sure it remains in power/control so they orchestrated the Ukraine crisis and after Russia responded they had the perfect excuse to punish/weaken Russia.
They surely dont want Russia become again powerfull, the US wants to control the world/resourches (oil, gas and minerals) and many governments overseas (a new world order).

In Obamas own words: We live in a complex world and at a challenging time. None of these challenges lend themselves to quick or easy solutions, but all of them require American leadership."

Europe well was/is in US puppy and I guess with downgrading allot of Europe countrys (with first selling worthless bank products), the US I guess also dont want Europe become a compititor/to powerfull and Europe it seems (at least some countrys) are waking up and stop following the US blindly (in good faith).
The US is now busy with Europe to make the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP). the world's largest free trade zone.
I really hope Europe does not sign it but I have not much faith in Euro political figures, Im fairly sure this TTIP is only good for the US which will only hurt Europe in the end.

Not sure what Putin can or will do, maybe he could convince China that they must take actions to protect Asia from the US power madness to create their new (US controlled) world order.
But I also think the US wont succeed and basicly its more like self destruction in the end for the US.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: milomilo

Russia is defending its nation from NATO's illegal enroachment of Ukraine.. USA is playing with fire with their cover involvment in Ukraine.. Just wait for the expected vengeance via terrorist proxy in US soil later in the near future..

Did I miss something, because the only ones encroaching on Ukraine would be Russia. They invaded and annexed part of a sovereign country because they didn't want to pay the lease they had for their Black Sea naval base. That is why they left the separatists to fend for themselves and Putin is trying to distance himself from the rest of Ukraine all the while trying to keep the facade of it being a civil war up.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: milomilo

Witness how USA trying to provoke russia into a regional war.

Russia went into Ukraine on a lie and was caught, they used the we are protecting our russian speaking people from the gov't and they have yet to produce any evidence that backs the claim that Ukraine was punishing russian speaking citizens because they are Russian.

Russia caused it's own problem by annexing Crimea, and causing trouble in the East.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Actually George Soros and others were funding the orange revolution in Ukraine to up end Russia's hold over Ukraine and it caught Putin off guard cause he was dealing with the Olympics at the time. Russia had had assurances from the first Bush that we would not bring in former Soviet bloc countries into NATO so Russia didn't have to worry about us putting up the missile defense system in Russia's backyard. Then his son went and invited those same countries into NATO. So now Putin feels that he is backed against the wall and must do something to make sure his country is secure. They had a contract with Ukraine over the Crimea area for their port already done and weren't worried about it till the revolution.

Putin I think wants to help the separatists, but must distance himself from them to show he is trying to have a diplomatic solution work instead. But I think its no secret that Russia is helping them with a few things here and there.

It seems to me its more like how we felt when Russia put missiles in Cuba back in the 60's. We had a total fit over it and threatened Russia over it. And now we went and did the very same thing to Russia and don't want Russia to do or say anything about it.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Very old saying "If you want peace, prepare for war" although that's what started world war two.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 04:22 AM
link   
What is the REAL position of the Ukraine people in this mess?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join