It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Double Amputee Veteran's Wheelchair Breaks In Lowe's, Workers Drop Everything To Fix It

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: snarky412

It costs an arm and a leg to get something fixed these days.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 01:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN
a reply to: PhoenixOD

Interesting.

Southerners can be quite parochial . . . but tend to be more helpful, as a rule, than not.

I'm not familiar with that specific area, though.

Sorry for such ill-treatment.

. . . reminds me of my overnight in London at the new, barely open [major chain hotel] in 1973 . . .

I can't recall a more rude or useless staff in any establishment.

Well, I can say from first hand experience, the people in the South are pretty friendly

We travel due to our work, but thanks to high gas prices, we no longer make the long jumps, mostly 100-300 miles
So now a days, we're are mostly in Louisiana with a few weeks in MS.

Never have we ever had a problem getting help when in need

In fact, last year the inside tire on our dually blew and we had to limp in to the nearest exit
Being as it was on Sat. and about 30 miles south of Hattiesburg, we opted to change it ourselves

So we nearly had the front tire off when this guy came up and asked if needed help
We hate to put anyone out so we said no thanks

Well, he left and came back a few minutes later with a floor jack and power wrench and proceeded to take the other tire off and put our spare on for us
When we offered him money, he refused

Honestly can't say other than one time in New Orleans, have we ever not had someone stop and try to help us, for which we are always grateful!!
That time in NO, we spent 2 nites on the side of the highway without 1 state trooper stopping and asking what we were doing

I will say, Louisiana has some of the friendliest people
MS. does too, more of the good ol' boys type.... but if they know you are not from there, they may be a little stand offish, which sounds like what happened to P

And being outside of Jackson, well, it sounds like NO ....big cities maybe

edit on 19-7-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2   >>

join